Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

New Covid vaccine - would you take it?

zain611

2 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

I'm curious - I have an exceptionally sensitive gag reflex, if I ever have a test, does the swab go very far down your throat?

Yes. I did a swab myself and it made me gag. Knew it was at the right depth/area as my partner( nurse) supervised me. I'm gag reflex sensitive too.  . By partner isn't but let's not go there. 😂😂😂

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

I'm curious - I have an exceptionally sensitive gag reflex, if I ever have a test, does the swab go very far down your throat?

No. No gagging here or at work for that matter. Well not by me anyhow 😮😉

• Haha 1

I've also got a sensitive gag reflex...and a rubbish nose!  Cold winter air and breathing slightly heavy (minor incline) is enough to trigger a nose bleed...I really don't want a test if I can help it! :unsure:

3 minutes ago, mokes said:

Out of 600, there is around 60 +ve off at my place, with a further 100 or so, isolating. 6 more off today alone. What fun to be a key worker!

Yeah it's not fun at all especially when the same people keep ignoring certain restrictions but hopefully that will change sooner rather than later after last weeks suggestions to management.

It was also noted by senior management about issues in the car park such as people not having masks on when they get out of the car particularly for those who car share so I can see 1 car per 3 bays coming into effect pretty soon so wont have to worry about somebody heap of rust denting the car when they open the doors 😄

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, mokes said:

Cycling the same ones over and over?

No.  Each one is only worn for a few days but not consecutively.

Disposable ones last me around 3 hours , then it comes off and in bin. Cuppa tea then another on. Need changing when they get damp. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FiestaForever said:

I read today on MSN that a lady dies from covid just 5 days after having the vaccine. So how long after the jab is it that the immunity starts to kick in? It does not look good for the pro vaccine crowd.

Been a few similar reports to that. Apparently it takes 2-3 weeks to achieve a level of immunity so reports like that are not helpful. Given the time it takes from infection to developing serious symptoms, the lady concerned, and other cases mentioned in similar reports, would have already had it before being vaccinated, so sadly too late for them.

• Like 4

Nothing wrong with a bit more protection these days and even more like me got health problems,i have a nice few blue ones as being a carer at home for 14 years which ended last July i would rather be over the top rather than less.

What i mean is yes there Disposable but how many hours can you wear them for,if i was going to work on say a 8 hour shift it would be that day for 8 hours then bin it.

Some work 10 hour or 12 hour shifts so  its single use but what would be the hours max.

Because i don't go out a lot mainly for a weekly shop 1 hour say then leave the mask in the car surely this would last a nice more hours.

Also had to pop up my G.P's last week and the nurse said there are so many who ring or ask about the vaccination and not had 1 say they don't want it.

• Like 2

GOVERNMENT GOT US BY THE BALLS WILL WILL BE AN OUTCAST IF YOU DO NOT GET THE JAB

1 hour ago, jace1969 said:

Also had to pop up my G.P's last week and the nurse said there are so many who ring or ask about the vaccination and not had 1 say they don't want it.

Social media magnifies the voices of the extreme.  I don't actually think there are that many anti-vaxxers, they just shout the loudest.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

I don't actually think there are that many anti-vaxxers, they just shout the loudest.  

Indeed, just look at the post before yours LOL

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, jace1969 said:

Because i don't go out a lot mainly for a weekly shop 1 hour say then leave the mask in the car surely this would last a nice more hours.

The problem with this is that are other bacteria coming out of your mouth all the time, as well as moisture.  Once they're on the mask they'll breed and you'll potentially pick up other bacteria and mould spores etc from leaving the mask in the car and handling it...time you put it back on your face you're breathing a potentially toxic soup.  :unsure:  

Wear it, bin it, sod the planet for now.  Or buy a few washable ones that you can wear and then wash in a cycle.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mokes said:

They wouldn't be phoning up to ask about a vaccination that they didn't want though would they?

People are being phoned and offered them...presumably none of those refused.

Though I don't believe it anyway, pretty sure it's just propaganda...there was a local news report saying the same thing this week at one of the massive centres plus a few GP surgeries...  None of them refused?  Not one single person?  Yeah, alright then! :laugh: 

14 minutes ago, mokes said:

He has a point. No jab, no travel is how it will be. Then, you will lose other liberties if you dont conform. 

Before Covid, 100s of countries needed you to supply proof of vaccination against numerous ugly diseases (yellow fever, malaria etc) before they would let you enter their country. Travel is a huge privilege, not a 'human right', so if another country wants proof that you are not going to infect them, well, so be it. I'm all for it.

• Like 5

To be fair I didn't even mean ranty, only that you don't tend to speak out unless you have something to say.  A bit like you don't see posts on car forums going "hey lads, nothing wrong with the car".  You only post if you have an issue.

3 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

A bit like you don't see posts on car forums going "hey lads, nothing wrong with the car".  You only post if you have an issue.

LOL, you mean, a post like this?? 🤣

• Haha 3

I personally use single use masks repeatedly.After going to the supermarket put in the washing machine dry and then spray with sanitiser.If someone has evidence that this process changes the structure of the material and compromises  protection to others I’m happy to be informed 👍

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mokes said:

The vaccinations for yellow fever, malaria etc are to stop you catching it, not taking it on holiday with you!

This is from the WHO web site...

Vaccination Yellow fever vaccination is carried out for two different purposes: 1. To prevent the international spread of the disease ...

Like I said, many countries require written proof you have been vaccinated against certain diseases to keep both you AND them safe.

Before Covid, I never heard a peep of complaint about this requirement. Like I said, if I want to visit a country on holiday/business, and they need proof I am not a medical threat, they are entirely within their rights to request such, and I would absolutely comply...

https://www.who.int/ith/2016-ith-county-list.pdf

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, mokes said:

I do the same with tissues. I save so much much money.

I don’t use tissues so I save even more👍

Just now, mokes said:

Like I said, the covid vaccination is different as you will have no choice. 

Why on earth would you have NO choice to take the Covid vaccine? Of course you have a choice, you can simply say no thanks...

• Like 1

Just now, mokes said:

Really?

I'm sitting here laughing! Yes, really! You are in charge of your body and what happens to it (as long as you are conscious and compos mentis). In the past, I have refused chemo therapy, just because a Dr says you need something, you don't have to do it!

• Like 1

Lol. I've had 3 reminders from the Doctors about the Flu jab already. 

First year I qualify and do they really think I'm going to risk going into the surgery in this climate ?

Last time I went in there was about 4yrs ago to get a detailed iron count which was nothing short of a complete waste of time.

Just now, mokes said:

You are missing the point. You think that choice will remain in the near future as the world tries to halt the spread?

I'm not missing the point at all! If you live in the UK, the government is not going to send police to your home, tie you down, and force a vaccine on you! (unless you are some nutter conspiracy theorist LOL)

If you want to travel elsewhere (YOUR choice), then you'll have to comply with whatever country regulation you seek to visit.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wino said:

First year I qualify and do they really think I'm going to risk going into the surgery in this climate ?

Your choice, I got my flu jab 3 months ago, and can't wait to get my Covid one!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mokes said:

I do the same with tissues. I save so much much money.

You joke...but I know people that still use cotton hankies to wipe thier nose and then stick it back in thier pocket to use again later... 😷 

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club