Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

New Covid vaccine - would you take it?

zain611

Does your local pharmacy do them?  I got mine there last week.

1 hour ago, mokes said:

I do the same with tissues. I save so much much money.

We seem to do the same with tissues to. If only tissues were taken out of pockets before washing.grrr!!!. Bits of tissue scattered over my clean clothes. 

• Haha 1

I like a nice blow out in a hanky ha ha.Tissues are too thin and just fall apart👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Wino said:

Lol. I've had 3 reminders from the Doctors about the Flu jab already. 

First year I qualify and do they really think I'm going to risk going into the surgery in this climate ?

Can't speak for your GP practice, obviously, but been in mine recently for annual review of my heart condition and was very impressed with the measures taken to safeguard patients and staff.

And they arranged for us to have flu jabs at our local pharmacist, so didn't need to visit the surgery for that.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

You joke...but I know people that still use cotton hankies to wipe thier nose and then stick it back in thier pocket to use again later... 😷 

I use cotton handkerchiefs on a daily basis. Sometimes more than one.

Prefer to use one than sneeze into ones elbow thats for sure. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Wino said:

I use cotton handkerchiefs on a daily basis. Sometimes more than one.

Prefer to use one than sneeze into ones elbow thats for sure. 

Sneeze into both elbows not just the one. 😂😂

• Haha 1

I just use loo roll...if it's strong enough for my a*se then it's strong enough for my nose!! :laugh:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

I just use loo roll...if it's strong enough for my a*se then it's strong enough for my nose!! :laugh:

You use the expensive stuff obviously ha ha 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

Well, there's an image I'm stuck with for the rest of the day - thanks Tom LOL

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, williamweb said:

You use the expensive stuff obviously ha ha 👍

Well yeah, midrange, that's one peice of tissue I definately don't want breaking! :biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Well yeah, midrange, that's one peice of tissue I definately don't want breaking! :biggrin:

I thought we had all done that, must just be me then ha ha 👍

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Think you'd be better using separate sheets of toilet paper unless you like a brown nose :sick: 

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, mokes said:

They're not badges of honour you know?

I beg to differ LOL 🤣🤣🤣

2067077654_badgeofhonour.jpg.d29c40e5897f6ebac2de072c1749e13c.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Interesting what JVT said on the briefing today, that even just 10 years ago the technology to produce these new vaccines didn't exist.  

48 minutes ago, FiestaForever said:

Apparently the covid vaccine contains stem cells, or at least cells from unborn fetuses.

Social media is a wicked source of much mis 'information' accurately portrayed by your word, 'apparently'... (More suited to posting photos of what you had for breakfast!)

https://factcheckni.org/articles/covid-19-vaccines-and-aborted-fetuses/

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mokes said:

"Most of the COVID-19 vaccines in development do not use human cell lines in their production. "

In November 2020, it was widely claimed on social media, including this Facebook post with over 160,000 views, that the AstraZeneca vaccine contains MRC-5 cells from lung tissue of a male fetus which was aborted in the 1960s. 

This specific claim has been fact checked by Associated Press, Full Fact, Politifact, Reuters and Snopes and found to be false

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FiestaForever said:

I could actually believe it to be fair the amount of things that they could use for vaccines.

I believe that apparently, they use some extract of Bovril, and some free rang eggs, with a hint of white spirit, and freshly ground herbs 🤣

I heard it down the pub (the Nags Head), off a guy called Rodney, who got it from his brother Del, who heard it from his Uncle Albert, who was in the war, so knows a thing or two about stuff.

• Haha 4

As for the mask been told they last more than 1 hour and when in the car put it in a protective packet and also washable ones washing lowers the protection also i don't take mine off and on to eat/drink which then even more bacteria.

As for the jab im up G.P's again next week but i will have it as even if a small amount of protection is better than none but i do see where a lot of people come from saying problems they already have then taking the jab what is it going to do but that's life aint it we have to trust something in this world as we wouldn't even leave the house.

11 hours ago, FiestaForever said:

And now for the real news, no fake news here.

I really don't know how to debate with such a churlish argument. As of yesterday, almost 83 Million Covid vaccinations had been administered worldwide, and you find ONE poor guy that had a reaction.

What is the purpose of bringing that to our attention? Do you want the worldwide program to be stopped immediately? Do, you want us all just to stay at home for the rest of our lives? Would you like me to tell my mum not to bother with her 2nd jab as a bloke from a place she's never heard of had an adverse reaction to it?

One final question, why do you insist on posting in a font about 100 times bigger than normal, you do know that SpecSavers is now allowed to open in your local town? LOL

• Like 2

Indeed.  No vaccine is 100% effective or 100% safe.  

I'd also recommend going to reputable sources for specific figures.

e.g.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7002e1.htm

Early safety monitoring of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine has detected 21 cases of anaphylaxis after reported administration of 1,893,360 first doses of Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine (11.1 cases per million vaccine doses administered) as well as cases of less severe nonanaphylaxis allergic reactions, based on U.S. data for December 14–23, 2020. Most (86%) anaphylaxis cases had symptom onset within 30 minutes of vaccination, and most persons with anaphylaxis (81%) had a history of allergies or allergic reactions, including some with previous anaphylaxis events; up to 30% of persons in the general population might have some type of allergy or history of allergic reactions.

Most days there is an official briefing (with questions from the public and media) around 5pm on BBC 1, led usually by the PM or Health Secretary supported by the Chief or Deputy Chief Medical Officer, Chief Scientific Adviser, etc.

Questions such as are being raised many times on this thread have been fully addressed, in some cases several times over.

I recommend watching it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I recommend watching it.

I'm sorry Eric, haven't watched one now since last summer. Have no respect for folk that cannot work their own 'powerpoint', "...next slide please" 🤣

In addition, the 'media' just ask multiple irrelevant questions in the hope of impressing their editor, rather than seeking a true insight. Also, when is it going to be, 'Horse & Hounds' turn to have a question - they invite everyone else!

7 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

I'm sorry Eric, haven't watched one now since last summer. Have no respect for folk that cannot work their own 'powerpoint', "...next slide please" 🤣

Lol, it's got a bit better since then! Particularly when "JVT" (the Deputy CMO, Prof Van Tamm) does it rather than his boss! 😃

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

In addition, the 'media' just ask multiple irrelevant questions in the hope of impressing their editor, rather than seeking a true insight. 

This is the reason I stopped watching them...  I sometimes still watch the first section, but the media/public part just winds me up!! :laugh: 

• Like 1

The use of standardised or "immortal" cell lines is part of many scientific disciplines, and yes, some have sources that we would now consider questionable.  One of the most famous of these being Henrietta Lacks.

It's wrong however to consider anything produced by these cell lines as somehow containing the original cells.  The polio vaccine did not contain Henrietta any more than the millionth car off an assembly line, while identical to the first, would contains parts of the first.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club