Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

New Covid vaccine - would you take it?

zain611

Haven't been hearing anything bad from family members taking it apart from a few saying they had a fever for 24 hours. Depends really on people.

I suppose if you want to be particular about any reactions to the antivac I guess I could say that I felt a bit warmer than usual for about 12 hours after each jab but it wasn't unpleasant and certainly didn't bother me.

It was more like the sensation of standing in sunshine on a cold day and enjoying the extra bit of unexected heat.

Like having a readybrek glow 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stoney871 said:

Like having a readybrek glow

LOL

2 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Like having a readybrek glow 😄

Showing your age there buddy, that advert is from 1982, remember it well LOL

• Haha 2

Only reaction I noticed was feeling physically drained the following morning which lasted all day and unfortunately I'd already booked a day of overtime in 🙄 Other than that my HR was up for 48 hrs too by about 30 bpm.

I could stick the feeling cold/flu type stuff for a day,i have heard a few round our area but only like 24 to 48 hours stuff.

.....I had Man flu....😃

On 4/6/2021 at 11:20 AM, mokes said:

Goodness, after nearly 2 months on the naughty step, I have a quick look at the forum and talking about the jab is still a thing?

Yep, just like talking about cars lol 😁

• Like 1

On 4/7/2021 at 7:56 PM, mokes said:

(......or I could just 'unfollow' the thread for my own sanity.)

Good idea matey, would save all our sanity too 🤣

Or, you could tell us all about 18 deaths caused by blood clots out of 25,000,000 vaccines, which is statistically less than the number of fatal blood clots without any vaccination... (0.000072%)

• Like 3

On 4/6/2021 at 11:20 AM, mokes said:

Goodness, after nearly 2 months on the naughty step, I have a quick look at the forum and talking about the jab is still a thing?

It is for some. My upper left arm where I had the jab is still sore and tender and cannot sleep on that side at night. 

As for the car. Well it's done its longest trip for a while today 44 mile round trip to the "local" Aldi and returned 57.4mpg in sport mode with a mixture of A & B roads.

Back on topic........ 2nd jab not till mid June...... can't wait....🙄

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Wino said:

Back on topic........ 2nd jab not till mid June...... can't wait....🙄

17 days to my 2nd😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wino said:

My upper left arm where I had the jab is still sore and tender and cannot sleep on that side at night. 

Nothing at all from my first, same for my Mrs. Fingers crossed for No2!

• Like 1

My mum had her second dose of the oxford..only difference this time is a sore arm,I took my mum to both injections and watched and I am sure the needle for the second one was a bit fatter than the first.

She is 95 and the first thing on getting home was........... have a cigarette 😷

Thanks

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

My wife and I had ours on Sunday and no side effects.

• Like 1

My 2nd in June area the Oxford one,i can deal with feeling cold for 24 hours like the first one.

Even side effects with Paracetamol if you read the label.

2 hours ago, jace1969 said:

Even side effects with Paracetamol if you read the label.

With some health issues I am on 11 x 'repeat' prescriptions' A decade ago, I didn't take an aspirin from one year to the next. All medication comes with a PIL (Patient Information Leaflet). This outlines the numerous potential side effects of that particular drug.

The thing is that for the majority of the population, this is a different world, as they don't take any 'regular' medication, so that when a vaccine side effect is media highlighted, they get the heebee geebees over it!

I sometimes get stomach cramps, 7 of my medication list this as a potential side effect, impossible to narrow down which without withdrawing from them one by one, and even then, the 'offending' one may stop, or pain disappears!

You are correct that even an innocent drug like paracetamol comes with a PIL, and I can guarantee that the majority of users throw it straight in the bin!

• Like 1

Got appointment for my second one on 15th May 👍

8 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Got appointment for my second one on 15th May 👍

Just got my 2nd this afternoon, I feel as if I could jump into a barrel of Covid and be OK! Shame the government has no faith in the vaccine otherwise they'd just open up the darn country again. I have no idea who they think they are now 'protecting', as ALL vulnerable people have now been vaccinated...

On 4/12/2021 at 4:48 PM, Marty... said:

My mum had her second dose of the oxford..only difference this time is a sore arm,I took my mum to both injections and watched and I am sure the needle for the second one was a bit fatter than the first.

She is 95 and the first thing on getting home was........... have a cigarette 😷

Thanks

It's funny you should mention the needle , with my first jab I felt absolutely nothing but with my second jab I felt a bit of pain, I wonder if the needle was a bit thicker as well.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, billyboy said:

It's funny you should mention the needle , with my first jab I felt absolutely nothing but with my second jab I felt a bit of pain, I wonder if the needle was a bit thicker as well.

Yes I’ve heard from a few people that their arm was sore from the second jab.

My arm was sore with the first one, I had Pfizer, don't know if that makes any difference.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

My arm was sore with the first one, I had Pfizer, don't know if that makes any difference.

I've read several people got a stiff arm from the Pfizer one. :biggrin:

19 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I've read several people got a stiff arm from the Pfizer one. :biggrin:

Only if you get the 'blue' variant, the clear one has no arm at all! LOL 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Had my 2nd Pfizer, at 11:30 am, a litle bit sore for about 5 minutes or so.

• Like 1

Several friends have reported soreness from the second jab. I'll find out soon enough - mine's on Friday.😀

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Several friends have reported soreness from the second jab. I'll find out soon enough - mine's on Friday.😀

Oh boo hoo... A little soreness!! So what - it's potentially lifesaving. Grow a pair! LOL

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club