Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

New Covid vaccine - would you take it?

zain611
聽Share

4 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Oh boo hoo... A little soreness!! So what - it's potentially lifesaving. Grow a pair! LOL

Lol they weren't whinging Stephen, just reporting what they found. Not come across anyone yet who wouldn't have it, whether it hurts a bit or not!馃榾

• Like 2

Went for my second Astra Zeneca jab this morning. For the first one I was in and out in under 10 minutes, bit of a wait this morning but the volunteer marshalls did a great job in moving folks to faster moving queues where they could. Still only about 30 minutes in total, though, then joined the Mrs in Tesco which is next door!

Unlike the first one, where I didn't even know I'd had it (the Mrs was the same) I did feel this one, just as you normally do when receiving an injection/giving a blood sample.

Out of interest, I asked if there was any truth in the rumour that the needle was bigger for the second one. Apparently not, and I was also told the dose size is exactly the same for both jabs.

Interestingly, the vaccinators asked about my reactions (if any - I had none whatsoever as mentioned earlier in this thread) to the first vaccine and noted my response, so I assume they must be conducting a feedback exercise, which figures.

As the first time, very good atmosphere at the site, very grateful to the staff and volunteers for an easy and pleasant experience.馃榾

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Went for my second Astra Zeneca jab this morning. For the first one I was in and out in under 10 minutes, bit of a wait this morning but the volunteer marshalls did a great job in moving folks to faster moving queues where they could. Still only about 30 minutes in total, though, then joined the Mrs in Tesco which is next door!

Unlike the first one, where I didn't even know I'd had it (the Mrs was the same) I did feel this one, just as you normally do when receiving an injection/giving a blood sample.

Out of interest, I asked if there was any truth in the rumour that the needle was bigger for the second one. Apparently not, and I was also told the dose size is exactly the same for both jabs.

Interestingly, the vaccinators asked about my reactions (if any - I had none whatsoever as mentioned earlier in this thread) to the first vaccine and noted my response, so I assume they must be conducting a feedback exercise, which figures.

As the first time, very good atmosphere at the site, very grateful to the staff and volunteers for an easy and pleasant experience.馃榾

I don't think the vaccinators would know about the needle , Whilst the vaccine is the same I'm convinced the needle is聽made by a different manufacturer.

3 minutes ago, billyboy said:

I'm convinced the needle is聽made by a different manufacturer.

Lol I don't suppose there's any way we could find out unless we know someone "in the trade" as it were - any needle manufacturers on here? I would assume there must be a standardised dimension for various types of hypo needle, though. Possibly there might be tolerances which may explain why some people report differently, or maybe it's down to how you stick 'em in.

It does seem odd though that all the people I know who said they didn't feel a thing the first time have noticed it the second. Brother in law had his second yesterday and he felt it, but didn't the first time. I haven't yet heard from anyone who reported feeling the first though, as to whether they have the same experience the second time.

• Like 1

It's a bigger needle to get the job done quicker!聽 Same as the diesel nozzle being bigger than the petrol.聽 Each millisecond shaved of each jab adds up over millions of them. :wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Just brought the Mrs back from having AZ jab 2. Got in 5 minutes early and was out by the time of her appointment. As the first time, she didn't feel a thing.聽

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

聽As the first time, she didn't feel a thing.聽

So, as the first time, just a little prick, maybe she's use to it 馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ

• Haha 2

Cheeky!馃槂

• Haha 1

Lol I'm surprised with the activity on this topic 馃槀

10 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Lol I'm surprised with the activity on this topic 馃槀

Lol, you're to blame for starting a thread that everyone finds so interesting!馃榾

• Haha 1

Just now, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Lol, you're to blame for starting a thread that everyone finds so interesting!馃榾

Lol didn't know this would happen 馃槀. Did you take any jabs yet? Any side effects? Most family members mention having a 24 hour fever.

Just now, zain611 said:

Lol didn't know this would happen 馃槀. Did you take any jabs yet? Any side effects? Most family members mention having a 24 hour fever.

Yeah, if you look back through the thread you will see that both I and my Mrs have had first and second jabs (Astra Zeneca) now, with no effects whatsoever. In 3 cases out of 4 never even felt the prick (@StephenFord聽behave yourself!).

Most of our friends and older relations, being wrinklies like us, have now also had both jabs, pretty evenly divided between AZ and Pfizer, and again fairly evenly split between those, like us, who have had nothing, and those who have had some or all of the commonly reported side effects- sore arms, tiredness, bit of a chill etc.聽

Only person we've heard of with fairly severe reactions is one of our friends who was pretty much laid out for a couple of days, but he has survived, against all odds, three separate bouts of cancer with mega amounts of surgery, chemo, radiotherapy etc and his immune system is now pretty shot, to say the least.聽

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have been hearing from multiple reliable sources that it might be that if you have a severe reaction to the first AZ dose, you have actually had Covid previously.

This make sense for me, I was quite ill February of last year, and the vaccine did floor me the next day.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

I have been hearing from multiple reliable sources that it might be that if you have a severe reaction to the first AZ dose, you have actually had Covid previously.

Interesting. On the other hand, my aunt (85) had been hospitalised twice with Covid (thought that was it, the second time, tbh) but she had the mildest of reactions to the jab (felt a bit cold for a few hours).

Everyone we know who has been for the second dose has been asked a lot of questions - any reactions to first dose, have they had Covid, if so, when?, etc - so research into this Is obviously ongoing聽

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Everyone we know who has been for the second dose has been asked a lot of questions - any reactions to first dose, have they had Covid, if so, when?, etc - so research into this Is obviously ongoing聽

Odd, when I had my 2nd jab, the only question I was asked was if I could roll my shirt up a little higher!

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

This make sense for me, I was quite ill February of last year, and the vaccine did floor me the next day.

I think that is correct. From the people I know that have had Covid that seems to be the outcome.

52 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

I can categorically state I've NEVER had covid-19, yet I fell very ill with the Az vaccine....

1 hour ago, m50e30 said:

I can categorically state I've NEVER had covid-19

Now that's another interesting one. How can any of us be be 100% sure? And to what extent is all the testing that's going on reliable?

According to the NHS, 1 in 3 with COVID are asymptomatic. And they say this about negative results from lateral flow tests:

A negative result means that active COVID-19 infection was not detected, at the time of the test. However, this does not guarantee that you do not have COVID-19.聽

My cousin's son works for an employer who requires regular testing. He has been tested positive 3 times by lateral flow testing, and had to isolate until the result has been confirmed or otherwise by PCR test. On each occasion the PCR has come back negative.

2 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

A negative result means that active COVID-19 infection was not detected, at the time of the test. However, this does not guarantee that you do not have COVID-19.聽

Now, this has been my argument for decades on the MOT! All it does is state that at the time, the car was OK. It could develop a serious fault on the way home. Yet folk give the test an over reliance on a cars condition - covid tests are useless, you may show -ve, but that could be a faulty test, or, you could genuinely catch it on the way home. Yet our government has seen fit to squander 拢37 Billion on testing - disgusting...

10 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Now, this has been my argument for decades on the MOT! All it does is state that at the time, the car was OK. It could develop a serious fault on the way home. Yet folk give the test an over reliance on a cars condition - covid tests are useless, you may show -ve, but that could be a faulty test, or, you could genuinely catch it on the way home.聽

Lol, perhaps they could save a few bob by giving the driver a Covid test while the car's being MOT'd? 馃榾

• Haha 1

Just had my 1st jab, the phizer. Bit of a sore arm shall see if i have side effects. Im 21, but live in bolton so managed to get it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Matthew McGuinness said:

Just had my 1st jab, the phizer. Bit of a sore arm shall see if i have side effects. Im 21, but live in bolton so managed to get it.

That is so sad they are vaccinating 21 year olds without blatant underlying health condoitions. There is no data that shows you need it - 98% of over 60s have now been 'double' jabbed, that protects the most vulnerable in society. I have no idea why there is any sort of existing lockdown still enforced, and have no idea who the government is now trying to protect...

• Like 1

Isn't it because of the new India variant now?

• Like 2

Just now, TomsFocus said:

Isn't it because of the new India variant now?

Tom, there will ALWAYS be a new variant. The current vaccine has been proved to be effective against it. There are not 100s of variants, but 1000s of them. The government needs to put it's big boy pants on and get the country back to normal, and that's not a 'new' normal, that's a proper normal.

The recently announced public inquiry will hopefully concentrate on the full effect of 'lockdown', not just the issue of doing it a week later, or week earlier had any effect. We will now see the effect over the next 12 months as nearly 5 Million folk find themselves on an overdue NHS waiting list for treatment (me included) that the toll will sadly eventually dwarf covid...

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club