Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

New Covid vaccine - would you take it?

zain611

1 hour ago, Matthew McGuinness said:

Just had my 1st jab, the phizer. Bit of a sore arm shall see if i have side effects. Im 21, but live in bolton so managed to get it.

Well done.

Younger people tend to have more side effects , not pleasant but they only last 24hrs. it's a small price to pay for protection. the biggest problem with this virus is that you do not know how it will affect you until you get it and then it may be too late.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Got my 2nd astrazenica jab on Wednesday. Hoping for the same reaction as the first one. Nothing. Went back straight home to laying patio down after 1st one. 2nd one is 9.20am so planning to carry on to work after that. 

2nd one is being done earlier than the planned 12 weeks. 9 1/2 weeks. That good for me as I can use vaccine passport for hols in jersey thus not now requiring isolation when I arrive there in June. 

• Like 3

Second jab this morning  😃

No side effects so far  👍

• Like 1

48 hours later and not even a sore arm 👍💪😃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

48 hours later and not even a sore arm 👍💪😃

It's dawned on me that for millions of people, this will be the first injection they'll have had in living memory.

I've had an annual flu jab for nearly 30 years, and being diabetic, couldn't even count the number of injections I've had over the years but definitely in the 1000s. Some hurt, most don't, some bleed, most don't, most are inconsequential. 

It's just odd hearing folk discuss a 'sore arm' as a side effect to a vaccination...

• Like 1

@StephenFord like you I've had the flu jab for the last few years without any 'side effects' and never thought anything of it.

It's only with the mass covid vaccination that a lot of folk are having a vaccine for the first time and a small minority are having a reaction of some description. 

I only mention it to give folk an idea that not everyone gets a reaction and  IMHO it's a better to take it than to not.

• Like 2

the nhs app have gone live for covid jab status to show for travel as required via a qr code. that now means i can show this qr code for travel to jersey negating the need to isolate on arrival awaiting jersey  airport pcr test result. ( would have had to wait around 12 hrs for result stuck in hotel room .) 

• Like 2

i am 26 years old, still considering if i need it 😕

4 minutes ago, john991 said:

The suspense is killing us😀

4 minutes ago, john991 said:

You may not feel you need it for you, but having it will help towards herd immunity and protect those more vulnerable, who either can't have it, or for who their vaccine is less effective.

Everyone should get the vaccine if they are offered for the good of us all.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

You may not feel you need it for you, but having it will help towards herd immunity and protect those more vulnerable, who either can't have it, or for who their vaccine is less effective.

i cant get Phizer, now i can get only Astra Zeneca vaccine 😕

Just now, john991 said:

i cant get Phizer, now i can get only Astra Zeneca vaccine 😕

Shouldn't they be offering Pfizer or Moderna to all under 40s now?

29 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

You working undercover for the government now?? 🤣

1 minute ago, StephenFord said:

why government need this???

3 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

I prefer to think of it as more of a Dunkirk spirit 😉

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

I prefer to think of it as more of a Dunkirk spirit 😉

Strange analogy as in Dunkirk, 26 year olds on the frontline were most at risk, now, it's the over 80s most at risk, and they've all been vaccinated now 😁

• Like 1

Had my 2nd astra zenica jab this morning and went straight to work after. No side effects at all on both occasions. 

Was a little hot before having jab but put that down to having 30 mins in the hot tub at 8.30am. 😂😂😂

So refreshing before work , just a shame I couldn't be bothered to do much work today. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Had the 2nd part of the AZ jab this afternoon. Bigger queues this time around so it took a lot longer. Appointments for both of us today should of been at 12:40 we arrived at 12:20 and didn't get the jab until  13:50. At least it done for now until we all need a booster.

No arm ache this time around as of yet.

• Like 3

I had the 2nd part of the MODERNA vaccine before 7 days!

The next day after vaccination i had 38ºC of fever, and all my bones hurted like hell!!!

I also had a terrible headache which was the most unpleasant feeling of all !!!

Next day after that i was ok!!!

• Like 1

Delighted to see the vaccine roll out going so well, the NHS is at last now returning from being a National Covid service! I have been on a waiting list for a year for an operation, on Monday I had an actual proper hospital appointment (not just a phone call!).

Consultant upgraded me to 'critical', and a day later, today,  I got a call for an operation pre assesment appointment next week - every cloud, eh? LOL 🤣

• Like 5

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

on Monday I had an actual proper hospital appointment (not just a phone call!).

Hope all goes well, Stephen!

Coincidentally my Mrs has been messed around for a year with phone consultations - finally had a real  hospital appointment last week!

• Like 1

had my second jab today 39yrs old, i work in a shop serving the public all day. i would off hapilly paid to have the jabs.

Matt

• Like 1

Looking like I'm having the same reaction as I did with the first jab. 

Arm throbbing and feel like I've been hit by a bus.

Today's 10.5hrs shift is gonna be fun ☹️

Lol my parents booked my jab on Tuesday. Went there and said I don't want it 😅. The clinicians were supportive and said it's my choice.

Had to lie to my parents and say they didn't want to jab me as I had very bad hayfever on that day and those symptoms and mimic flu.

Personally I wouldn't get the jab after it has been long term since it was authorized.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, zain611 said:

Had to lie to my parents and say they didn't want to jab me as I had very bad hayfever on that day and those symptoms and mimic flu.

What's going to happen when your parents say "Hey, Zain, you're over the hay fever now, when are you going to re-book that jab?" 

None of my business of course, but perhaps you need to have a conversation about it with your parents?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club