Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

New Covid vaccine - would you take it?

zain611

11 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

What's going to happen when your parents say "Hey, Zain, you're over the hay fever now, when are you going to re-book that jab?" 

He'll likely spin it out for another 20 odd years till it's been around long enough LOL 🤣

• Haha 2

The biggest worry I had with the Astra Zeneca job was that I might suddenly start appreciating Vauxhall Astras. I'm pleased to say that hasn't happened. 

• Haha 3

When you walk through life looking over your shoulder you end up bumping into things...

No judgement,just lessons I have learned.

ATB

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

What's going to happen when your parents say "Hey, Zain, you're over the hay fever now, when are you going to re-book that jab?" 

None of my business of course, but perhaps you need to have a conversation about it with your parents?

He'll just need to gain a winter allergy for when pollen levels drop...  :biggrin:

• Like 2

This is an interesting one. Having two chums (44 and 23) that have suffered badly, I'm personally staying well away.

Sadly, our close family friend, a 44 year old mother of four had a stroke after her jab. She is on the mend, but is suffering limb numbness and daily migraines & fatigue since her injection. I think this was back in March. A very worrying time for her family.

The second was rushed to hospital the morning after her injection (AZ again) as she could not move from her bed and had facial swelling and severe pain. Her paralysis lasted two days before feeling came back to her legs. She too is on the mend, but who knows what is yet to come as a result?  

On the school run, I've heard parents occasionally talking about a feeling that their skin is 'on fire' the next day, but soon return to normal, thankfully. 

I couldn't understand why this wasn't being reported, but I was wrong. It was being reported on something the government calls the Yellow Card system. I must admit, I haven't looked at the official stats in about a month, but the Astrazeneca version was by far the worst offender with over 600,000 adverse reactions and something like 780+ deaths. That really stuck in my mind. I think Pfizer option had about 150,000 reactions and nearly 400 deaths. 

Worried about how it would affect my family if I opted to take it and became ill, I contacted BUPA and found my BUPA care package would not cover me if I fell ill after getting ANY of the injections as it was classed as an 'experimental procedure' in their terms and conditions.

As I and all around me seem fit and well, that answered that, for me at least. I understand everyone has their own view, but I found by not watching the news and looking at everyone around me, I was seeing two different versions of 'the truth'. 

Whatever you do, I hope it's for the best. Nobody needs side effects such as an unwanted bout of Astra Appreciation. 

Best of health to you all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Daniel Elliott said:

I couldn't understand why this wasn't being reported, but I was wrong. It was being reported on something the government calls the Yellow Card system. I must admit, I haven't looked at the official stats in about a month, but the Astrazeneca version was by far the worst offender with over 600,000 adverse reactions and something like 780+ deaths. That really stuck in my mind. I think Pfizer option had about 150,000 reactions and nearly 400 deaths. 

I was appalled at you scare mongering post! This is from the official, 'yellow warning' government web site...

"As of 2 June 2021, for the UK, 67,998 Yellow Cards have been reported for the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine, 195,641 have been reported for the COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca, 3,278 for the COVID-19 Vaccine Moderna and 754 have been reported where the brand of the vaccine was not specified."

There are 100s of reasons why something would appear on a 'yellow warning' and it's not as B&W as you suggest. I am quite happy to study the figures that you are quoting if you are able to give us a source.

Bottom line is that vaccines are the best way to be protected from Covid, and so far, the only road out of this ridiculous lockdown that government hve enforced on all of us. 41 Million people in the UK have now received at least one dose of the vaccine...

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Daniel Elliott said:

This is an interesting one. Having two chums (44 and 23) that have suffered badly, I'm personally staying well away.

Sadly, our close family friend, a 44 year old mother of four had a stroke after her jab. She is on the mend, but is suffering limb numbness and daily migraines & fatigue since her injection. I think this was back in March. A very worrying time for her family.

The second was rushed to hospital the morning after her injection (AZ again) as she could not move from her bed and had facial swelling and severe pain. Her paralysis lasted two days before feeling came back to her legs. She too is on the mend, but who knows what is yet to come as a result?  

On the school run, I've heard parents occasionally talking about a feeling that their skin is 'on fire' the next day, but soon return to normal, thankfully. 

Worried about how it would affect my family if I opted to take it and became ill, I contacted BUPA and found my BUPA care package would not cover me if I fell ill after getting ANY of the injections as it was classed as an 'experimental procedure' in their terms and conditions.

As I and all around me seem fit and well, that answered that, for me at least. I understand everyone has their own view, but I found by not watching the news and looking at everyone around me, I was seeing two different versions of 'the truth'. 

Whatever you do, I hope it's for the best. Nobody needs side effects such as an unwanted bout of Astra Appreciation. 

Best of health to you all.

780+ and 400 deaths, is that a worldwide figure? How many have been vaccinated here and worldwide? How many worldwide have died of COVID? 

if Bupa wouldn’t look after you I’m sure the NHS would.

• Like 2

Hi both,

Sorry if I came across in a wayward fashion. I saw the topic and simply replied with my experiences and findings. I hope we are still allowed to share such information. It did appears in a 'chat' after all. 

Stephen, I appreciate you relaying your figures, also. We can only go by what we see as true and honourable. 

I mention BUPA as many of us would be paying a great deal for something that is essentially void, should the worst happen. I see that as something worth knowing for anyone that has any type of private cover. 

The fact that I have two friends that have suffered after their injections troubles me and their families.  I will not pretend these reactions are of little consequence and sweep them under the carpet. Rather, I will speak up if asked and remain pro choice in the matter and will not shout anyone down for their opinion or findings. I look forward to any discussion on the matter as we battle through this. 

With respect and good health to you all. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Daniel Elliott said:

Sorry if I came across in a wayward fashion. I saw the topic and simply replied with my experiences and findings...

That's fine quoting your 'experience', but don't confuse that with actual fact. There is enough cr*p rolling around vaccine scaremongering without any additions. Also, 'facts' need to be taken in context, the BBC still quote standalone Covid deaths with NO comparison with other deaths from cancer and heart disease, which now both dwarf them, so they (BBC) are now part of the problem.

It's like saying someone died yesterday of covid, and the night before they watched Coronation Street, so, conclusion, watching Coronation Street is potentially lethal! There needs to a be a proper 'cause & effect'.

45 minutes ago, MarksST said:

780+ and 400 deaths, is that a worldwide figure? How many have been vaccinated here and worldwide? How many worldwide have died of COVID?

if Bupa wouldn’t look after you I’m sure the NHS would.

Great questions Mark, there have now been 2.26 Billion doses worldwide given and 480 Million fully vaccinated. I am unable at this time to get figures of recorded deaths directly attributed to taking the vaccine.

• Like 1

Stephen,  You are quite right about the BBC. Having seen their antics in recent years and level of current 'journalism' at the moment, I now live TV License free.  

Now, back to trying to spruce my tired 2010 Mondeo up for a trade in. With the money offered, it's as good as scrap these days. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Daniel Elliott said:

Stephen,  You are quite right about the BBC. Having seen their antics in recent years and level of current 'journalism' at the moment, I now live TV License free.  

The BBC in Northern Ireland keep quoting that as of last week, 2154 people have died here of Covid (still debatable as the way of recording deaths means that if you died of a stroke, but also had Covid, it's recorded as a Covid death)

BUT, they have never mentioned that in 2019 pre pandemic, there were 15758 total recorded deaths in NI, you see, you need to put it into context.

Good luck with the Mondeo spruce up, hope it all goes well...

35 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

The BBC in Northern Ireland keep quoting that as of last week, 2154 people have died here of Covid (still debatable as the way of recording deaths means that if you died of a stroke, but also had Covid, it's recorded as a Covid death)

BUT, they have never mentioned that in 2019 pre pandemic, there were 15758 total recorded deaths in NI, you see, you need to put it into context.

Good luck with the Mondeo spruce up, hope it all goes well...

Had my second AZ vaccine 10.30am today👍

Got my 2nd Sunday.  So far mine and my wife's family reactions seem to be ok, i.e not serious or hospitalising.  I don't actually know anyone personally who has had a really bad reaction.   I was wiped out the next day after my 1st, but it was like I had a bad case of the flu, so I just mooched all day and was fine the next.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2021 at 4:58 PM, Eric Bloodaxe said:

None of my business of course, but perhaps you need to have a conversation about it with your parents?

Yeah defo I'm sure mum will say something again 😂. No worries I'm happy you asked that question 👍

My parents main concern is that having work in A&E I'm more prone to catching diseases including covid but good thing is all staff are wearing masks so that helps reduce transmission. I'd say I've seen 2 covid patients in my 4 weeks on the job now.

On 6/10/2021 at 5:10 PM, StephenFord said:

He'll likely spin it out for another 20 odd years till it's been around long enough LOL 🤣

Gonna be pulling the hayfever excuse till then. Throw some lemon juice in my eyes and that'll likely get my nose running and eyes red 🤣.

It sounds silly but in a clinical perspective I want to wait at least after a year when the vaccines have been distributed to see if there are any long term effects to it. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

Got my 2nd Sunday.  So far mine and my wife's family reactions seem to be ok, i.e not serious or hospitalising.  I don't actually know anyone personally who has had a really bad reaction.   I was wiped out the next day after my 1st, but it was like I had a bad case of the flu, so I just mooched all day and was fine the next.

1st AZ took me 72 hours to recover fully.2nd AZ no symptoms at all👍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zain611 said:

It sounds silly but in a clinical perspective I want to wait at least after a year when the vaccines have been distributed to see if there are any long term effects to it. 

No problem, am quite happy to test on your behalf...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just had my second dose today 8.30am and no effects at all.

👍

• Like 2

9 hours ago, zain611 said:

Yeah defo I'm sure mum will say something again 😂

Your mum sounds a wise lady so listen carefully!😀

One of the saddest things I've found about getting older is this: By the time you realise that what older people told you when you were young is mostly true, they're gone and you are older yourself so young people won't listen to you either!😀

• Like 5

The old saying is very true.

Youth is wasted on the young.

• Like 4

Age and treachery will overcome youth and skill. 

• Like 2

I see it is now planned to make vaccinations compulsory for staff in the NHS and care homes, which will no doubt trigger all sorts of legal arguments. 

I believe there is already something in place regarding Hepatitis B vaccinations, but understand that is guidance rather than compulsory?

On the subject of requirements, were any of you forced to change your masks before the jab?

It seems to have been forced onto people for whom it was an impossible task (due to MH issues/contamination fears) without actually being any sort of legal requirement.  Just wondered how common it was as none of my relatives have mentioned it, though it wouldn't be an issue for them.

9 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

On the subject of requirements, were any of you forced to change your masks before the jab?

No, not heard of that one. Normal mix of disposable/reuseable masks, scarves, bandanas, etc when we went - nothing said and none of our relatives/friends/neighbours have mentioned anything.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

No, not heard of that one. Normal mix of disposable/reuseable masks, scarves, bandanas, etc when we went - nothing said and none of our relatives/friends/neighbours have mentioned anything.

When I went for my second AZ jab at 10.30 last Friday in a room where there were  approximately 50 chairs I was the only one in the room 🤔

• Like 1