Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

New Covid vaccine - would you take it?

zain611

24 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

That's easy, about 20m LOL (200 sheets at about 100mm length)

Wow...just worked out I must be using over 4km of loo roll a year if that's true! :unsure: :biggrin:

1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

Wow...just worked out I must be using over 4km of loo roll a year if that's true! :unsure: :biggrin:

Me too, that's how I worked it out so quickly LOL

• Haha 1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-57866661

I don't distrust the beeb as much as some people and it often seems that as many people accuse it of being leftwing as do of it being rightwing.

I do follow rt news, they always have an interesting slant on things which sometimes I agree with.

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/529316-uk-food-snack-tax/

With regard to masks, masks were never about protecting yourself, they were about protecting others.  They do work for this, even the loose ones we wear cut down on how much airbourne droplets we give off.

2 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

I don't distrust the beeb as much as some people ..

In 25 years of watching David Dimbleby chair, BBC ‘Question Time’, (and Robin Day before him), I never once was given a clue to his political leanings such was his impartiality.

However, within 3 weeks of Fiona Bruce taking over, it was clearly demonstrated she was very left wing, and voted ‘remain’. Her treatment of panelist, Iain Dale (an LBC radio presenter) who was a ‘leave’ supporter, was just embarrassing to watch. Now that’s fine but not for someone who is in a position of influence on a channel that holds ‘impartiality’ above all else.

Laura Kuenssberg is the same. As political editor, her left wing views which often manifested itself in her biased questioning at the daily PM press briefings, and her ‘remain’ stance (demonstrated by her 'Brexit' TV series) was simply inappropriate.

The BBC, of which I use to be a huge fan, use to be impartial, but lost it’s way badly within the last decade.

I don’t even watch it’s ‘news’ any longer, and ceased to watch the PM nightly press conferences sometime last June (2020)! Full of inaccuracies, no context whatsoever (announcing Covid deaths only), but withholding how many people died of everything else (heart, cancer, etc) so people were brainwashed into think the only current cause of death in the UK was Covid.

The BBC were complicit in this, never once asking a sensible question, putting Covid into some kind of perspective, more interested in ‘tripping up’ a politician to show how great a journalist they were.

In time to come, the biggest question that will be asked over 'lockdown/masks/track & trace', is, ‘how on earth did we let this happen?...’

Rant over - good to get that off my chest LOL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

In 25 years of watching David Dimbleby chair, BBC ‘Question Time’, (and Robin Day before him), I never once was given a clue to his political leanings such was his impartiality.

However, within 3 weeks of Fiona Bruce taking over, it was clearly demonstrated she was very left wing, and voted ‘remain’. Her treatment of panelist, Iain Dale (an LBC radio presenter) who was a ‘leave’ supporter, was just embarrassing to watch. Now that’s fine but not for someone who is in a position of influence on a channel that holds ‘impartiality’ above all else.

Laura Kuenssberg is the same. As political editor, her left wing views which often manifested itself in her biased questioning at the daily PM press briefings, and her ‘remain’ stance (demonstrated by her 'Brexit' TV series) was simply inappropriate.

The BBC, of which I use to be a huge fan, use to be impartial, but lost it’s way badly within the last decade.

I don’t even watch it’s ‘news’ any longer, and ceased to watch the PM nightly press conferences sometime last June (2020)! Full of inaccuracies, no context whatsoever (announcing Covid deaths only), but withholding how many people died of everything else (heart, cancer, etc) so people were brainwashed into think the only current cause of death in the UK was Covid.

The BBC were complicit in this, never once asking a sensible question, putting Covid into some kind of perspective, more interested in ‘tripping up’ a politician to show how great a journalist they were.

In time to come, the biggest question that will be asked over 'lockdown/masks/track & trace', is, ‘how on earth did we let this happen?...’

According to a commentator on a certain radio station that we listen to😀at least 40% probably higher of Covid (cases or deaths) can’t remember which was caught in hospital.That is a quality stat.

Thinking about it, must be deaths.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, williamweb said:

According to a commentator on a certain radio station that we listen to😀at least 40% probably higher of Covid (cases or deaths) can’t remember which was caught in hospital.That is a quality stat.

Yes, I've heard both JHB & MG quote that, you'd certainly not hear it on the BBC LOL Also, there is a massive difference of people dying 'of' covid, as opposed to dying 'with' covid. (so if you died of cancer/heart disease etc, if you had a +ve Covid test within 28 days, statistically, you died of Covid) But no differentiation is made on government statistics on this.

30 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

With regard to masks, masks were never about protecting yourself, they were about protecting others.  They do work for this, even the loose ones we wear cut down on how much airbourne droplets we give off.

Masks are so unhealthy.You could be inhaling Covid that you have already breathed out.Also inhaling your own carbon dioxide isn’t good for you.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, williamweb said:

Masks are so unhealthy.You could be inhaling Covid that you have already breathed out.Also inhaling your own carbon dioxide isn’t good for you.

So if you have COVID and wear a mask you’re keeping it to yourself, seems like a good plan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

I enjoyed your rant 😀 and at least it's saved me a job of posting the same 👍

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, MarksST said:

So if you have COVID and wear a mask you’re keeping it to yourself, seems like a good plan.

Like I said before, Covid droplets are around 10µm in diameter, the old cotton t/shirt strapped to your face will have a fabric mesh approaching 100µm, but, if it makes you feel happy, you go for it...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Like I said before, Covid droplets are around 10µm in diameter, the old cotton t/shirt strapped to your face will have a fabric mesh approaching 100µm, but, if it makes you feel happy, you go for it...

But when you breath out you don’t exhale that small amount, the masks stops a lot of what you exhale, cough or sneeze out, that stops it landing on anything that people can touch. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, williamweb said:

Thinking about it, must be deaths

I know 4 people (including my aunt) who caught Covid while they were in hospital for other reasons. Sadly, 2 of them didn't make it, fortunately my aunt did.

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I know 4 people (including my aunt) who caught Covid while they were in hospital for other reasons.

Just to put that in context, it's not exclusively a Covid thing. Both my parents and father in law passed from infections they caught in hospital/care home, long before Covid was heard of.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Just to put that in context, it's not exclusively a Covid thing. Both my parents and father in law passed from infections they caught in hospital/care home, long before Covid was heard of.

My Grandad picked up MRSA in hospital back in the mid 00s.

As you said earlier in the thread, best to avoid those places!! :unsure:

• Like 1

The covid deaths statistic is not a wild as it may seem.

Given that at any time X amount of people die of none covid related things, and X averages out over time, you can still get an idea of how deadly covid is by following the total death figures, total deaths being made up of covid plus X.

There's a lot of talk about 'they' want us locked down.  Who?  Who actually wants this? Who benefitted from the world economy being screwed for a years?  The government may be accused of being inept but I really don't think Boris wanted to ***** everyone off just after winning his landslide.

Lockdown strategy is one thing yes, if we had locked down earlier maybe we'd be better off.

But for me again I think masks do work to minimise the risk you cause to others and as they are such a little thing for the majority of us to do when we go into a shop I can't accept any objection to them that isn't medical.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

The covid deaths statistic is not a wild as it may seem.

Given that at any time X amount of people die of none covid related things, and X averages out over time, you can still get an idea of how deadly covid is by following the total death figures, total deaths being made up of covid plus X.

There's a lot of talk about 'they' want us locked down.  Who?  Who actually wants this? Who benefitted from the world economy being screwed for a years?  The government may be accused of being inept but I really don't think Boris wanted to ***** everyone off just after winning his landslide.

Lockdown strategy is one thing yes, if we had locked down earlier maybe we'd be better off.

But for me again I think masks do work to minimise the risk you cause to others and as they are such a little thing for the majority of us to do when we go into a shop I can't accept any objection to them that isn't medical.

Fine, you carry on wearing your mask but don’t expect others  to follow suit.I don’t want to live in a world wearing a mask stuck to my face ,it’s not normal.Covid is here forever, wear your mask forever.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

What ever the pros and cons of mask wearing social distancing over the last year or so, may be coincidence but I've not had one cough or cold , virus/stomach bug at all . 

Step daughter was always having colds weekly and she had none either. So some germ bags out are doing a better job of hygenie or there dead. 

• Like 1

Wash you hands properly after touching  anything and before touching your face.If you don’t want to wash your hands so frequently don’t touch and don’t touch your face, simple hygiene.We don’t live in a perfect world mistakes are going to be made. Can’t remember the last time I had a cold.

2 minutes ago, williamweb said:

Wash you hands properly after touching  anything ...

I remember just after lockdown No.1, visiting a shopping center public toilet. For the first time in my life, I saw a queue. Not for the stalls, or the urinals, but for the sinks as everyone was washing their hands - what a sight to behold!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

I remember just after lockdown No.1, visiting a shopping center public toilet. For the first time in my life, I saw a queue. Not for the stalls, or the urinals, but for the sinks as everyone was washing their hands - what a sight to behold!

It's ironic as I've seen reports of various recent studies into Covid transmission suggesting that handwashing, sanitizer etc are among the least effective (though still useful) measures we can take.

Still a very good practice of course and may be reducing the spread of other infections which takes pressure off the health services.

39 minutes ago, iantt said:

What ever the pros and cons of mask wearing social distancing over the last year or so, may be coincidence but I've not had one cough or cold , virus/stomach bug at all . 

Lol, doesn't seem to work for me Ian. I always seem to have a cold (and/or hay fever in summer) and I've noticed no reduction, unfortunately.😡

2 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

It's ironic as I've seen reports of various recent studies into Covid transmission suggesting that handwashing, sanitizer etc are among the least effective (though still useful) measures we can take.

Still a very good practice of course and may be reducing the spread of other infections which takes pressure off the health services.

Not really ironic, it's primarily an airborne transmitted virus, so washing your hands is not going to be a prime combatant, but having said that, nice to see plain hygiene taking a front seat for all sorts of other reasons!

No amount of covid precautions will stop hayfever as it's an allergy but mask wearing may help stop the pollen particles. How about you try wearing a mask and letting us know how you got on😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, iantt said:

Or these

Screenshot_20210718-120320.png

The kids are missing out on all the alien fun😀

4 hours ago, iantt said:

How about you try wearing a mask and letting us know how you got on😂😂😂😂

Lol, I wear one in all the recommended situations and diligently do the social distancing, but if you mean wear one outside - no way!  I'd rather have hay fever!😀

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club