Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

New Covid vaccine - would you take it?

zain611

49 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

I have no fear of needles (being a diabetic with daily insulin injections), but a combined flu/booster would certainly be very handy for me.

In the press conference yesterday JVT said that while they would ideally do flu and Covid jabs together (one in each arm) that may not always be possible in practice because the flu jab is a quickie but there's the 15 minute wait after the Pfizer or Moderna. So a combined shot would be a big help to vaccinators and save us at least one trip to the surgery/chemist/mass vaccination site.

34 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

... because the flu jab is a quickie but there's the 15 minute wait after the Pfizer or Moderna. So a combined shot would be a big help to vaccinators and save us at least one trip to the surgery/chemist/mass vaccination site.

I have never waited in my life after a vaccination - despite any recommendations to do so, waste of time! LOL

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Guy Heaton said:

What I find fascinating is that 80% of us have had both shots.  8/10.  That's a lot.

But my god how vocal are the other 2! 😁

Full ONS story here which looks pretty kosher to me despite David Icke and co.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/articles/coronaviruscovid19latestinsights/vaccines

I'm not a great fan of compelling people to do things and I guess normally we'd say "ok, its your choice, take your chance" Trouble with Covid is treatment consumes a heck of a lot of resources that would be better used treating other things which can't be avoided and we have no vaccine for.

Also on yesterday's briefing was Professor Lim of the JCVI who is also a practising A&E clinician. He was saying how sad and frustrating it is to hear non vaccinated patients (assuming they survive) say the first thing they'll do after discharge is to go for the jab. If only they'd thought that in the first place.

So I do wonder how we can tackle the problem without some from of compulsion either directly or by severe limitation on what you can do without proof of vaccination to put the squeeze on.

It certainly doesn't help when you continue to see reports of a significant number of NHS staff who are unvaccinated (I've seen up to 15% quoted in some regions). Obviously you'll never convince the vociferous anti-vaxxers but what sort of message does that send out to those who are just nervous of vaccinations?

• Like 1

These rapid lateral flow tests are just a waste of time,i was given 3 boxes (7 in a box) one week and did some and wait 30mins now the New ones its only up your nose and don't wait 30mins.

If that's the case that 1 in 3 have no symptoms of it, you could think you have a cold as a lot do this time of year have a test and all fine negative so you go out (as it won't read if you have covid) and you could have it just mild or early stage.

The old one sticking that swab to the back of your throat,makes you heave up.

23 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

I have never waited in my life after a vaccination - despite any recommendations to do so, waste of time! LOL

Lol, I'm amazed you can be persuaded to take your medicine, Stephen, your doctors have my deepest sympathy! Mind you, I'm forever getting told off by doctors and nurses so I guess we're similarly impatient patients!😀

Joking apart, I didn't wait either, but I walked to the vaccination site and I got the impression they were more concerned about people who'd driven some distance to get there. Though I'm thinking now that not waiting may have been a mistake as I missed out on a free cuppa and choccy biccies. I will have to assess the freebie position carefully when we are boosted.

I only know one couple who waited - they had the Pfizer - and It was right at the start of the programme and nobody really knew what to expect. Once they told everybody they didn't keel over, no-one else bothered,  and we had a bit of a contest amongst our friends as to who was in and out fastest!

I have no idea why the government insists on wasting literally £Billions on testing healthy people...

Just now, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Lol, I'm amazed you can be persuaded to take your medicine, Stephen, your doctors have my deepest sympathy!

I actually take in excess of 100 x tablets/week. I have no issue following sensible advice - it's the stupid advice I have big issues with LOL

14 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

I have no idea why the government insists on wasting literally £Billions on testing healthy people...

I’ll be celebrating two months of freedom not wearing a mask this weekend😀Finding a lot of snotty face masks at the kerbside though,which is disappointing. Mask wearers please dispose of safely if you insist on them👍

• Like 2

1 minute ago, williamweb said:

I’ll be celebrating two months of freedom not wearing a mask this weekend😀...

I stopped wearing one on 21st June, BoJo's original 'freedom day', turns out I was exempt from wearing one all along, who knew LOL

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

I stopped wearing one on 21st June, BoJo's original 'freedom day', turns out I was exempt from wearing one all along, who knew LOL

Yes I know👍

• Like 1

me and my partner just had our painless flu jabs. then sunday she having her covid booster jab. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iantt said:

me and my partner just had our painless flu jabs. then sunday she having her covid booster jab. 

I get my flu jab tomorrow 👍

• Like 1

Denmark are doing a pre-pandemic reset.Finally a country showing some leadership so that their society can get back to living without restrictions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, williamweb said:

Denmark are doing a pre-pandemic reset.At last a country finally showing some leadership so that their society can get back to living without restrictions.

I heard this on JHB morning show (TalkRadio) - an amazing decision using common sense, shame we'll never see such sensible leadership here in the UK...

• Like 1

Having only just joined this Forum, I come very late to this discussion. I still wear a mask as was prescribed until July 19, mainly out of respect for others - it's no inconvenience for me.

A neighbour is very ill in bed and was a bit shaken when the GP came to visit him earlier this week - maskless.

There's also a bad cold going around, so I guess a mask might reduce the chances of catching it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Marlburian said:

Having only just joined this Forum, I come very late to this discussion. I still wear a mask as was prescribed until July 19...

Covid has been with us now for 18 months, despite numerous repeated requests from media, and indeed ministers, the government still cannot quote one single scientific report that supports the use of 'face coverings' (FFP3 certified masks are different as they are 100% effective, bit's of cotton strapped to your face aren't)

Ad Nauseum, they say they follow the science, in reality, face coverings are nothing more than political theater to calm the masses that the government are doing something useful!

Welcome to the forum...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Marlburian said:

guess a mask might reduce the chances of catching it.

You keep on guessing😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It's good to know we are on the same page Stephen. It saved me the job of typing that 👍

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Covid has been with us now for 18 months, despite numerous repeated requests from media, and indeed ministers, the government still cannot quote one single scientific report that supports the use of 'face coverings' (FFP3 certified masks are different as they are 100% effective, bit's of cotton strapped to your face aren't)

A quick Google leads to dozens of scientific papers produced in a variety of countries, including the UK,  that show that relatively-simple face-masks reduce the risks of catching Covid and colds. No doubt there are some reports that claim the opposite.

See this research

"Crucially, the report also finds that wearing a cotton mask protects the mask wearer as well - combining all research on cloth masks in a new meta-analysis."

But some cotton masks are better than others and none is as effective as FFP3 models.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marlburian said:

A quick Google leads to dozens of scientific papers produced in a variety of countries,

A Covid droplet is 10 micrometers in diameter, the cotton mesh in your old pair of socks, or used T/shirt is 100 micrometers. It's like straining soup with a fork! Follow the science however, if wearing a mask makes you happy, go for it - doesn't bother me as long as you respect my common sense not to...

Oh, and that report you site, (yes, I read all 37 pages of it to save you the trouble) well hidden in the depths of it,

"It is important to know that the evidence of the benefit of using a face covering to protect others is weak and the effect is likely to be small, therefore face coverings are not a replacement for the other ways of managing risk..."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Marlburian said:

There's also a bad cold going around, so I guess a mask might reduce the chances of catching it.

Clearly you are in the “wear masks forever camp”,or at least until we have zero Covid which is the same thing.I’m happy with that just don’t tell me I have to wear one to protect others too😀

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, williamweb said:

Why wear a mask when this will do😀

...and if you're a tree hugger, doubles up as a cycle helmet too! LOL

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club