Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

New Covid vaccine - would you take it?

zain611

1 hour ago, eddie eastwood said:

Alarm grows as mortuaries fill with thousands of extra non-Covid deaths

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/nhs-delays-height-pandemic-linked-184014799.html

Sadly, many of us predicted that once the NHS shut down, and turned into the NCS, it was inevitable that deaths from all sorts of other reasons, would dwarf the number of deaths caused by covid...

• Like 2

This story appeared yesterday online and in the newspapers:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/covid-wearing-mask-effective-preventing-142855498.html?soc_src=community&soc_trk=tw

I haven't managed to find the BMJ review* which is mentioned so have no idea how the effectiveness of the various measures has been calculated. Has anyone seen it?

Edit: this seems to be it, but it still doesn't make "the how" clear imo:

https://www.bmj.com/content/375/bmj-2021-068302

Isn't it odd that Austria is now heading towards a full lockdown, yet they have mandated proper FFP2 medical masks (not cotton face coverings) since January 2021 - it's almost like they don't work at all!

Germany too is still under mandatory face covering legislation, yet their 'cases' are rising quickly -  it's almost like they don't work at all.

Southern Ireland is also now heading into much stricter lockdown rules, including Covid passports, and re introduction of working from home, yet they too have had strict mask wearing legislation - it's almost like they don't work at all.

Northern Ireland has just voted on the introduction of Covid passports because of rising cases, yet we have mandatory face covering legislation - it's almost like they don't work at all.

Untill we STOP the free movement of people across borders, covid will be with us a lot longer.

3 minutes ago, JImpster said:

Untill we STOP the free movement of people across borders, covid will be with us a lot longer.

I'm curious, what kind of abolition of 'free' movement of people across the island of Ireland would stop the progression of a virus like Covid? LOL

Just now, StephenFord said:

I'm curious, what kind of abolition of 'free' movement of people across the island of Ireland would stop the progression of a virus like Covid? LOL

I understand Ireland is a difficult case, but evidence proves cases reduced under full global lockdown. And yes an entirely different question or argument if the EU had its way there would be a permanent hard border, which i refuse to get into.

4 minutes ago, JImpster said:

I understand Ireland is a difficult case...

Well, there's a bit of an understatement LOL 🤣

(Oh, and the one thing that the EU AND UK agree on that neither want a 'hard border' in Ireland, both stating they would neither build one, nor police it...)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Well, there's a bit of an understatement LOL 🤣

(Oh, and the one thing that the EU AND UK agree on that neither want a 'hard border' in Ireland, both stating they would neither build one, nor police it...)

I thought that when i typed it, but let it stand hahahahahaha

Maybe Trump could build a border , I'll get mi coat LOL

• Haha 1

Had my booster yesterday. Didn't feel a prick at all. 🤣🤣🤣🤣.

Today my arm aches a bit, which the other 2 covid jabs and flu jab didn't. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, iantt said:

. Didn't feel a prick at all. 🤣🤣🤣🤣.

I'm saying nothing😀

14 minutes ago, iantt said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Today my arm aches a bit, which the other 2 covid jabs and flu jab didn't. 

Yes, everyone I know who has had a booster had at least a sore arm, even those who (like me and the Mrs) had nothing first two times.

Which one did you get Ian? Most we know have had Pfizer, but the Mrs and the brother in law got Moderna. Not very scientific, but they had less soreness than those of us who've had Pfizer boosters.

11 minutes ago, iantt said:

Had the Pfizer one this time, az first two. 

Same as me, then😀

• Like 1

AZ first 2 felt nothing, fizer for the booster couple of days of soreness. seems like its the norm.

• Like 1

I don't think I've ever been more proud of my fellow NI citizens! Our annual open air Christmas Market opened yesterday in the grounds of Belfast city hall, but the organisers have unilaterally decided that you can only attend if you show a Covid passport!

In a land known for it's 'protests', this one was based on basic human freedom and democracy, rather than a religious divide. Keep up the great work folks...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-59361678

protest1.thumb.jpg.86cb7d54945368f16be3642d2f1069e4.jpg

• Like 2

Further research required.A published article by an American doctor has made public: there is an increase risk between 11-25%  of having a heart issues within 5 yrs after taking the mNRA vaccine.If this is true this is very worrying for many.This news has been reported on GB News,YouTube and social media so many of you might know already.

• Haha 1

I already have unstable angina so not really a worry for me.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JImpster said:

I already have unstable angina so not really a worry for me.

Hopefully it turns out to be discredited.

13 hours ago, williamweb said:

Further research required.A published article by an American doctor has made public: there is an increase risk between 11-25%  of having a heart issues within 5 yrs after taking the mNRA vaccine.If this is true this is very worrying for many.This news has been reported on GB News,YouTube and social media so many of you might know already.

Do you have a link to this published article by an American doctor please?

21 minutes ago, pcaouolte said:

Go to YouTube and type in “Heart risk after vaccine “,and Dr John Campbell goes through some of the published paper.He has links for further information.

4 minutes ago, williamweb said:

Go to YouTube and type in “Heart problems after vaccine “,and Dr John Campbell goes through some of the published paper.He has links for further information.

Yes, he does. Several links showing that there are relatively few reports of myocarditis, mostly in young men, typically seen about four days after the second dose. He says that most of the time, myocarditis is a transient condition that people recover from without any long-term problems.

I can't find anywhere that he links to a published article which says that there is an increase risk between 11-25%  of having a heart issues within 5 yrs after taking the mNRA vaccine.

Potential side effects of a very common drug...

• conditions of excess stomach acid secretion
  • irritation of the stomach or intestines
  • nausea
  • vomiting
  • heartburn
  • stomach cramps
  • a type of blood disorder where the red blood cells burst called hemolytic anemia
  • anemia
  • a decrease in platelet clotting
  • large purple or brown skin blotches
  • decreased blood platelets
  • low levels of white blood cells
  • bleeding within the skull
  • bleeding
  • bronchospasm
  • stomach or intestinal ulcer
  • blood coming from *nus
  • damage to the liver and inflammation
  • bleeding of the stomach or intestines
  • a type of kidney inflammation called interstitial nephritis
  • inflammation of the skin due to an allergy
  • hives

Yep,you've guessed - Aspirin!

Anything you take inside your body has the potential do do something untoward to somebody, however, I don't hear the clamor and outcry to stop Aspirin...

• Like 5

3 hours ago, pcaouolte said:

Yes, he does. Several links showing that there are relatively few reports of myocarditis, mostly in young men, typically seen about four days after the second dose. He says that most of the time, myocarditis is a transient condition that people recover from without any long-term problems.

I can't find anywhere that he links to a published article which says that there is an increase risk between 11-25%  of having a heart issues within 5 yrs after taking the mNRA vaccine.

Dr John Campbell quotes the figure 11-25%.I think he says he can’t find the full published article, also.Like I said further research required.

1 hour ago, pcaouolte said:

This might be of interest. There isn't a link because the it was not a published peer reviewed article. https://respectfulinsolence.com/2021/11/24/how-antivaxxers-weaponized-an-abstract-by-a-goop-doctor-against-covid-19-vaccines/

• Like 1