Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

New Covid vaccine - would you take it?

zain611

20 hours ago, williamweb said:

.A published article by an American doctor has made public: there is an increase risk between 11-25%  of having a heart issues within 5 yrs after taking the mNRA vaccine.If this is true this is very worrying for many.

Not sure how they would know this given the short time the Covid vaccines have been in use. Anyway, like @JImpster I already had a heart issue but I can't say I'm worried about it.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Not sure how they would know this given the short time the Covid vaccines have been in use. Anyway, like @JImpster I already had a heart issue but I can't say I'm worried about it.

Let me know when you do understand it ha ha.From antidotal evidence there apparently has been an upturn in people having  heart issues going to hospital.It’s never straight forward though.

• Haha 2

OK, hands up all those infinitely more terrified of our government, than a new variant of covid??

• Like 1

A new variant and a return to mandatory mask wearing before xmas?  Wish I'd put a bet on that now!! :laugh: 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

A new variant and a return to mandatory mask wearing before xmas?  Wish I'd put a bet on that now!! :laugh: 

Won't effect those of us that are exempt. Like I said before, Austria went into full lockdown last week, and they have mandated proper medical FFP2 masks since January 2021. It's almost as if masks don't work outside a legitimate medical environment...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

OK, hands up all those infinitely more terrified of our government, than a new variant of covid??

This lot have proved they'd struggle to organise a "P" up in a brewery, but i'd be more terrified if either of the other 2 were in charge. They think the cure for eveything is either to throw money at it, go greener, take ALL the cars off the road, let more people in and ban fox hunting hahhahahahaha

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

I’m annoyed about this bordering on anger😠Could always go down the over crowded local pub I suppose,no masking wearing their😀

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, williamweb said:

I’m annoyed about this bordering on anger😠Could always go down the over crowded local pub I suppose,no masking wearing their😀

Send my partner in first to clear the pub. She got a really bad cold and cough. Soon see how fast the folk move. 

And no it's not covid. She had 2 lateral flow and and a PCR negative( has to do lateral and PCR for work every week )

Unless there's another mutation that doesn't show up on the tests!!! Mmmm, another rumour to spread on social media 🤭🤭😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I did, but only with the Mrs. My prize is the smug feeling of being right, but for once I wish I wasn't!😀

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I did, but only with the Mrs. My prize is the smug feeling of being right, but for once I wish I wasn't!😀

Frantic shopping tomorrow, one more day of freedom ha ha.

• Haha 2

Is anyone going to utter the words " Christmas is cancelled " hahahahahahaha.

did he go there OH YES HE DID LOL

41 minutes ago, JImpster said:

Not with my family!! My 84 year old mum has already missed out the last one, she ain't got many left.I don't care what our f*ckin' government mandates, we'll be together at Christmas - screw 'em! We are all double jabbed and boostered. I know speaking from others, they all have the same opinion, we've had enough, can't wrap us up in cotton wool forever...

• Like 4

4 hours ago, JImpster said:

did he go there OH YES HE DID LOL

If only. Hate Christmas. 😂😂😂 , Those extra days not working !! 

• Like 1

On 11/28/2021 at 9:24 AM, StephenFord said:

Won't effect those of us that are exempt. Like I said before, Austria went into full lockdown last week, and they have mandated proper medical FFP2 masks since January 2021. It's almost as if masks don't work outside a legitimate medical environment...

Just found out that medical grade masks has been mandatory like you said Stephen in German and Austrian public settings eg shops since the beginning of this year.Infections are rising in those countries and I’ll be wearing a leaky disposal paper mask when I go shopping after Monday😜

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, williamweb said:

I’m too honest for my own good unfortunately 👍

I've always had a healthy disdain of authority, and I'm now of an age where I don't give a fig LOL

5 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

I've always had a healthy disdain of authority, and I'm now of an age where I don't give a fig LOL

I’ll fight communism when ever I can as well ha ha.Like I said really annoyed about this over reaction👍

• Like 1

A friend commented that Omicron B is an anagram for NO CRIMBO LOL

Were an island its not rocket science Close our border to ALL.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JImpster said:

Were an island its not rocket science Close our border to ALL.

I don't think you realise how a virus works. Australia closed it's borders to ALL, yet still ended up in full lockdown. Closing borders to all is a futile exercise, and an economically crippling endeavour. We are not self sufficient in either food, nor energy, so we'd die of starvation, and freeze to death.

Better to get us all vaccinated so that when we inevitably get the virus, we remain out of hospital, and build up natural antibodies. All signs so far are this new variant though quickly transmittable, is much less virulent.

The mass hysteria built up in not only government, but now, the general public (who have been scared on purpose for 18 months now) is not helping. We have been told for over a year now that we need to learn to 'live with it', yet the government consistently does not allow us to do that.

The whole reaction to Omicron, is both sad and scary, at this rate we'll never actually 'live with it', but lurch from one variant to the next. This is not the way I want to live...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wondering if this compulsory face mask in shops rule is customers only, or are staff also supposed to be included?

Popped in my local Co-op mini supermarket yesterday and today, dutifully covering up for the whole 2 minutes I was in there, but the 4 staff wandering about the aisles or behind the counter were uncovered.

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

The whole reaction to Omicron, is both sad and scary, at this rate we'll never actually 'live with it', but lurch from one variant to the next. 

Yes, it was Interesting to see what the South African doctor who first spotted it had to say:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-59450988

4 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Popped in my local Co-op mini supermarket yesterday and today, dutifully covering up for the whole 2 minutes I was in there, but the 4 staff wandering about the aisles or behind the counter were uncovered.

The CoOp have specifically stated that they will NOT enforce any face mask wearing legislation. I would assume under that remit, that their staff would have every right to take them to a tribunal if they were discriminated on that instruction.

I regularly see staff of shops not wearing a mask (NI never dropped it's mask wearing legislation), doesn't bother me in the least...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

The CoOp have specifically stated that they will NOT enforce any face mask wearing legislation. I would assume under that remit, that their staff would have every right to take them to a tribunal if they were discriminated on that instruction.

I know Iceland is not enforcing also👍