Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

New Covid vaccine - would you take it?

zain611

1 hour ago, williamweb said:

I don’t take any sugar in my tea and it tastes sweet

I gave up putting sugar in tea/coffee in my early 20s. I'm a tea addict and used to have 3 spoonfuls in a mug. I sat   down one day and spooned my estimated daily intake into a big bowl - I was so shocked at the size of the heap I gave up straight away! Seemed a bit odd for a couple of days, soon seemed perfectly normal and you can actually taste the drink not the sugar.

Same with salt - there's plenty of salt in food anyway without adding more when it's on the plate.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Same with salt - there's plenty of salt in food anyway without adding more when it's on the plate.

Chips without salt?? What kind of witchcraft do you practice!! 🤣

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I gave up putting sugar in tea/coffee in my early 20s. I'm a tea addict and used to have 3 spoonfuls in a mug. I sat   down one day and spooned my estimated daily intake into a big bowl - I was so shocked at the size of the heap I gave up straight away! Seemed a bit odd for a couple of days, soon seemed perfectly normal and you can actually taste the drink not the sugar.

We don’t need sugar, it has zero nutrients.Cancer and harmful bacteria in the gut feeds off of the sugar glucose,which is also something I bare in mind.As I say that I’m eating a Twix ha ha.

• Haha 1

And I'm eating box of chocolate biscuits with my cuppa tea with 2 sugars in. That's my late lunch . 

Or may be not as I taste my tea my partner just made. Yuk, no SUGAR!!!!  She's got to go. 

6 minutes ago, iantt said:

And I'm eating box of chocolate biscuits with my cuppa tea with 2 sugars in. That's my late lunch . 

Or may be not as I taste my tea my partner just made. Yuk, no SUGAR!!!!  She's got to go. 

Ha ha diabetes type 2 is a slow road, maybe 40 years and more,enjoy.

Anyway, back on topic of sorts, went past a few covid testing centres on our travels today. Absolutely rammed and cars queued on the main roads waiting to get in. 

Lad I work with experienced the same at there local testing station as he waited for PCR for him and his wife. 

Could be high case numbers soon. 

1 minute ago, iantt said:

Could be high case numbers soon. 

As you know, a total irrelevance! It's the number of deaths the news should be reporting, not the mass hysteria on 'cases'. So sad we have converted our NHS into a vaccine program, I am awaiting an operation on which I was 'pre assesed' back in June this year, should have happened within weeks of that, still, it's even sadder that the only people that don't believe the vaccine works is our government!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, williamweb said:

Ha ha diabetes type 2 is a slow road, maybe 40 years and more,enjoy.

I'm 57 and luckily not there just yet. Had blood tests a few weeks ago for pretty much everything for another suspect condition and dodged the diabetes and high chloresterol so far. 

1 minute ago, StephenFord said:

As you know, a total irrelevance! It's the number of deaths the news should be reporting, not the mass hysteria on 'cases'. So sad we have converted our NHS into a vaccine program, I am awaiting an operation on which I was 'pre assesed' back in June this year, should have happened within weeks of that, still, it's even sadder that the only people that don't believe the vaccine works is our government!

Yeah , I do agree but as we all find out , the more covid cases the more off work, either in healthcare or otherwise. My partner works in a hospice and there's hardly any staff left to operate the hospice safely . As my partner is site manager and responsible for the safety of staff and patients she now has to wind down all the services she provides. Heart breaking for her and the staff left but there's no alternative. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

How insane our society as become when people in there 20’s and 30’s are queuing hours for boosters.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, iantt said:

Yeah , I do agree but as we all find out , the more covid cases the more off work, either in healthcare or otherwise. My partner works in a hospice and there's hardly any staff left to operate the hospice safely . As my partner is site manager and responsible for the safety of staff and patients she now has to wind down all the services she provides. Heart breaking for her and the staff left but there's no alternative. 

Week before Xmas I struck up a conversation while walking a coastal section of the Cleveland Way, with a chap who, like me, had paused for a cuppa and to enjoy the view.

Anyway, he was retired but turned out his Mrs was still working in intensive care at James Cook hospital in Middlesborough. He was fed up with her coming home in tears because they were unable to take care of "normal" patients because of all the resources going into Covid cases.  

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Week before Xmas I struck up a conversation while walking a coastal section of the Cleveland Way, with a chap who, like me, had paused for a cuppa and to enjoy the view.

Anyway, he was retired but turned out his Mrs was still working in intensive care at James Cook hospital in Middlesborough. He was fed up with her coming home in tears because they were unable to take care of "normal" patients because of all the resources going into Covid cases.  

There’s 36 NHS managers on £250 000 a year.I don’t think we are getting value for money some how.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I agree. They're not the ones struggling in ICU's though.

52 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Chips without salt?? What kind of witchcraft do you practice!! 🤣

This area was heavily settled by the Vikings, so it's probably a residual form of paganism!😀

• Haha 2

chips knee deep in salt and battered fish swimming in vinegar its pat of our history and DNA

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If anyone's interested, this year's Royal Institute Christmas lectures are on Covid and hosted by JVT.  BBC4 8pm yesterday, today and tomorrow.  (Freeview 9). Or catch up on iPlayer.  

Thought yesterday's was pretty good myself. :smile:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

If anyone's interested, this year's Royal Institute Christmas lectures are on Covid and hosted by JVT.  BBC4 8pm yesterday, today and tomorrow.  (Freeview 9). Or catch up on iPlayer.  

I love that these are still going, I use to watch them as a kid (over 40 years ago) and loved the thrill of their practical demonstrations! Just so sad to see all those children wearing those ridiculous masks...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

💤💤💤💤💤💤💤

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I'm recording them to watch later, so good to know!👍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

this year's Royal Institute Christmas lectures are on Covid and hosted by JVT.

I missed today :sad: but get to watch on catch up.

As an apprentice back in the late 70's the company I worked for used to take us to the 'Faraday Lectures' in Newcastle which I loved. I don't know if they are still going, I would like to think they are.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, unofix said:

As an apprentice back in the late 70's the company I worked for used to take us to the 'Faraday Lectures' in Newcastle which I loved. I don't know if they are still going, I would like to think they are.

Apparently so, no doubt reduced frequency due to you know what.

https://www.faraday.cam.ac.uk/events/lectures 

Also seen them advertised by the Royal Institution and Royal Society.

Coincidentally I was in Faraday House at Grammar School, though sad to say it didn't do much for my knowledge of electromagnetism!😀

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I was in Faraday House at Grammar School,

Did they keep you all in a 'cage' 🤣

• Haha 5

Won’t be celebrating out and about this year.Too many people exchanging bodily fluids in cramped places ha ha and that’s on the roads ha ha.Happy New Year to all on this forum particularly the regulars and hope you all have a trouble free motoring year and good health.Probably asking too much ,I have to keep reminding myself we’re driving Fords ha ha.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, unofix said:

Did they keep you all in a 'cage' 🤣

In a lightening storm too?  Brings a bit more jeopardy to the game 'the floor is lava'... :biggrin: 

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

In a lightening storm too?  Brings a bit more jeopardy to the game 'the floor is lava'... :biggrin: 

someones been playing too much Evony LOL