Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

New Covid vaccine - would you take it?

zain611

20 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Could care less about a sports person & 'covid'. To be fair to him, I absolutely respect his stance that his medical history (on having or not having a vaccine) is entirely his own business. The controversy arises from the authorities tripping over themselves to accommodate such a personality, not his fault at all. If they do end up admitting him, they should treat EVERYONE the same and drop their ludicrous rule!

Unfortunately I think their Prime Minister has said no vaccination, it’ll be the first plane back home😜

1 minute ago, williamweb said:

Unfortunately I think their Prime Minister has said no vaccination, it’ll be the first plane back home😜

He did qualify it with that if he can't demonstrate an 'acceptable vaccine medical exemption', he'll be on the next plane home LOL

• Like 1

Just now, StephenFord said:

He did qualify it with that if he can't demonstrate an 'acceptable vaccine medical exemption', he'll be on the next plane home LOL

Yeah just heard that.The plane has just landed.Perhaps he should remain seated ha ha.

• Haha 1

Credit: Julia Hartley Brewer (TalkRadio presenter)

There once was an MP called Keir,

Who said Covid was his biggest fear.

So whatever the task,

He put on his face mask,

And caught Covid most weeks of the year.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Could care less about a sports person & 'covid'. To be fair to him, I absolutely respect his stance that his medical history (on having or not having a vaccine) is entirely his own business. The controversy arises from the authorities tripping over themselves to accommodate such a personality, not his fault at all. If they do end up admitting him, they should treat EVERYONE the same and drop their ludicrous rule!

That's why they were sent there originally all those years ago, for not doing as they were told lol.

1 hour ago, Wino said:

That's why they were sent there originally all those years ago, for not doing as they were told lol.

dare i say all deniers and anti vaxers are sent to Australia hahahahahahahahaha

I feel so vindicated after further government revelations in them breaking 'covid'; rules...

Their mantra that they were 'following the science' was always a nonsense, and I have been saying so on here for well over a year. Some of the highlights include:-

Can sit down at a restaurant table with no mask, but stand up, and legally you have to wear one – following the science

Couldn’t buy a drink in a pub, but order a Scotch egg with your drink, all fine – following the science

Could drink in a pub till 10pm, but at 10.01, you had to leave  – following the science

Could travel 10 miles from home, but 11 was illegal – following the science

Limiting hospital visits to one hour/week, despite patient, visitor & all medical staff being double jabbed – following the science

You could not visit a card shop, but you could happily wander round a supermarket that sold cards – following the science

The introduction of ‘covid passports’ for certain circumstances/events despite the fact that proving your vaccination status is useless as you can still pass on virus despite being double jabbed – following the science

Recommending that businesses spend £Millions on Perspex screening internally on buildings (not only ineffective, but detrimental as recent reports prove all they do is create pockets of stale air where the virus can fester!) – following the science

A ban on singing, mingling & dancing in groups more than 6 – following the science

I await the public inquiry where it will state that there was no 'science' in making the general public wear flimsy face coverings, but it did fulfill political theater where the government felt they had to be seen to do something.

The House of Cards is tumbling fast...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

All valid points, but what would another government, Labour or god forbid lib-dems have done. 200,000+deaths or what ever it is now, how many more could you add to that number without the faffing and fiddling at the edges hoisted on the public. Let the virus have free reign the last 2 years. no lockdowns , no vaccines [fast-tracked], no gov intervention, no collating and organising the scientific community into action.

A viral war to beat all the world wars dead.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JImpster said:

All valid points, but what would another government, Labour or god forbid lib-dems have done. 200,000+deaths or what ever it is now, how many more could you add to that number without the faffing and fiddling at the edges hoisted on the public. Let the virus have free reign the last 2 years. no lockdowns , no vaccines [fast-tracked], no gov intervention, no collating and organising the scientific community into action.

A viral war to beat all the world wars dead.

The vaccine roll out has been literally a lifesaver and the government is to be thoroughly congratulated on it. There is plenty of worldwide evidence that lockdown's did nothing to prevent the spread of Covid, numerous countries didn't lockdown. (Look at the most recent example of Australia who locked down their whole country complete with borders, Omicron is running rampant!)

It is always best to have as little government intervention in most things, inherently, they are all incompetent (no matter what 'party' is involved). I still favour the immediate abolition of all mass hysterical testing, and subsequent follow up isolations. Thankfully, many so called experts are also coming round to that opinion...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, StephenFord said:

I

I await the public inquiry where it will state that there was no 'science' in making the general public wear flimsy face coverings, but it did fulfill political theater where the government felt they had to be seen to do something.

Don't we have to wait something like 55 years for their "science" to be released. Probably come out same time as the JFK documents........ which will be never!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Yes, that one always seems to be rolled out whenever there is the need to be seen to do something, and you couldn't get more "seeable" than masks.

I'm sceptical, but was open to be convinced of the benefits, particularly of the higher spec variety (subject to the caveats about proper use, etc). I have, however, seen nothing that does convince me.

The (widely quoted in the media) article published in BMJ and mentioned earlier in this thread, claimed masks reduced infection by 50% plus, but I could find nothing useful about the methodology employed in reaching this conclusion. How do you know that people wear masks when they say they do? (Unless you lock up a group in a sealed environment with a virus, give half of them a mask and see what happens.)

Pretty clear with vaccinations (as Stephen says, the one big triumph in all this) - it's on record and you've either had one or not.

I continue to find the comparison with Sweden interesting - they've done very little other than asking people to use their common sense in managing their personal risk, but from the last figures I spotted their death rate was around 25% lower than the UK (1500 per million against 2,200 per million) and cases were 139,000 per million (against 213,00 per million here). Yes, it's a different country, and patterns of social interaction will differ, but even making generous allowance for that they've certainly done no worse.

3 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Yes, that one always seems to be rolled out whenever there is the need to be seen to do something, and you couldn't get more "seeable" than masks.

I'm sceptical, but was open to be convinced of the benefits, particularly of the higher spec variety (subject to the caveats about proper use, etc). I have, however, seen nothing that does convince me.

There is absolute empirical evidence on the uselessness of mask wearing for the general public demonstrated by an experiment involving over 200 Million people.

In January 2021, Austria, Germany, France and Italy all mandated proper FFP2 medical masks to be worn by the general public. (not the bits of flimsy face coverings we were asked to wear). ALL saw a rise in infection rates, Austria to the extent they locked down. If they worked, infection rates would have dropped.

Masks do work in a medically controlled environment, but not for general public use where folk don't adjust them correctly, constantly touch them, and wear them for weeks on end rather than swap out every 3 to 4 hours.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Masks do work in a medically controlled environment, but not for general public use where folk don't adjust them correctly, constantly touch them, and wear them for weeks on end rather than swap out every 3 to 4 hours.

Lol, this has been my argument. We were on the bus several times before Xmas and found we were the only ones wearing a mask correctly. All the passengers had one, but most didn't cover their nose, some were round the chin, and several were disposable types that looked as if they'd never been changed since July 2020!

On 1/11/2022 at 1:26 PM, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Lol, this has been my argument. We were on the bus several times before Xmas and found we were the only ones wearing a mask correctly. All the passengers had one, but most didn't cover their nose, some were round the chin, and several were disposable types that looked as if they'd never been changed since July 2020!

I did ask if anyone on here had seen a “nose peeper”- looks  like you did 😀

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, williamweb said:

I did ask if anyone on here had seen a “nose peeper”- looks  like you have 😀

Lol, virtually a "whole face peeper" in several cases!😀

• Haha 1

An update on Australia's total lockdown. 18th Jan 2022

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, unofix said:

An update on Australia's total lockdown. 18th Jan 2022...

I'm shocked!! How could this be? Our government swears by lockdowns. With massive support from middle class office workers who really can't be bothered with the whole ethos of that commuting cr*p anymore! 🤣

It's such a shame that the only people that don't believe that vaccines work is the government!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

I'm shocked!! How could this be? Our government swears by lockdowns. With massive support from middle class office workers who really can't be bothered with the whole ethos of that commuting cr*p anymore! 🤣

It's such a shame that the only people that don't believe that vaccines work is the government!

Newsflash government  guidelines just out for zero Covid-“stop breathing”.😀

Newsflash government  guidelines just out for zero Covid-“stop breathing”.😀

...but, do you still need to wear a mask?? LOL

2 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

...but, do you still need to wear a mask?? LOL

Only at the weekends apparently 😀

Only at the weekends apparently 😀

That's good, as long as they are following 'the science'! 😁

3 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

as they are following 'the science'!

no expense has been spared and only the very latest science technology is in use !!

science & play.JPG

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, unofix said:

no expense has been spared and only the very latest science technology is in use !!

Wow, doesn't Chris Whitty look so young LOL

• Haha 1

Newsflash !

ALL covid restrictions in Scotland to be lifted on Monday ....... the pandemic must be over, I knew Nicola was the right man for the job 🤣

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, unofix said:

Newsflash !

ALL covid restrictions in Scotland to be lifted on Monday ....... the pandemic must be over, I knew Nicola was the right man for the job 🤣

Still unforgivable she increased restrictions some weeks ago in the first place, and:

• Face coverings to remain in indoor public settings and on public transport.
  • Hospitality businesses must still collect details for Test and Protect purposes.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club