Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

New Covid vaccine - would you take it?

zain611

1 minute ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

And in today's helping of schadenfreude: I note that Ms Sturgeon has been referred to the police after evidence of breaking her own face mask rules for a second time has emerged.

Eric, I must confess to hearing this on the radio today at teatime, it's not often I laugh out loud at the news, but I did on hearing that 🤣

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

it's not often I laugh out loud at the news, but I did on hearing that 🤣

The news isn't often that funny! We had a good laugh here too!😀

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

As this seems to be the general Covid thread nowadays, thought I'd post this one here!

The Mrs spent  a few days with an old friend to celebrate her friends 70th birthday, and look what she brought home with her!😠

Fortunately we're both triple-jabbed so suffering what so far seem like symptoms of a very bad cold, so still feeling pretty sh*te but hopefully no worse than that, and hiding away from the rest of the world for a while.

So, it's not gone away, by any means. Coincidentally a few friends/contacts I've spoken to over the past few weeks have also had it, and I know they're all triple jabbed and have been very careful indeed. So, continue to heed the words of the Sarge:IMG_20220511_123217_hdr.thumb.jpg.ae9e16c876b288228c211560c0039e1a.jpg

hill-street-blues-6.jpg

6 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Fortunately we're both triple-jabbed so suffering what so far seem like symptoms of a very bad cold...

Excellent news on the effectiveness of the vaccine then. It is designed to keep you out of hospital and not needing a ventilator. (It doesn't prevent you getting Covid) Sounds as if it's working as planned. Hope you all get better soon.

• Like 2

The new "PANIC" is Monkeypox !!!!

Has been brought in to the UK from Nigeria.

11 minutes ago, unofix said:

The new "PANIC" is Monkeypox !!!!

At least you won't need a 'test' to confirm infection, it looks disgusting!!

3 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Excellent news on the effectiveness of the vaccine then. It is designed to keep you out of hospital and not needing a ventilator. (It doesn't prevent you getting Covid) Sounds as if it's working as planned. Hope you all get better soon.

Thanks, Stephen. Yes, my thoughts also - I never expected immunity, though it seems some people did. Certainly very, very grateful to all involved with the vaccination programme.

3 hours ago, StephenFord said:

At least you won't need a 'test' to confirm infection, 

Is there any truth in the rumour that you develop an insatiable craving for bananas?

2 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Is there any truth in the rumour that you develop an insatiable craving for bananas?

Now, in this PC world of ours, is that not racist towards monkeys? 🤣

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Typical stereo typing . Poor monkeys . 

• Haha 1

am avoiding this thread as i'm sure i'll put my foot in it LOL

On 5/24/2022 at 8:13 AM, 59bhp said:

Training simulation event went live 15 May 2022

You couldn't make it up 😂

Sadly, a totally ineffectual organisation as shown by this article they published way back at pandemic start in March 2020

https://www.nti.org/news/new-covid-19-frontline-guide-local-decision-makers/

Had my second booster jab today, this time it was a Moderna one, no waiting in a queue and in and out in about five minutes.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2022 at 7:49 PM, eddie eastwood said:

Had my second booster jab today, this time it was a Moderna one, no waiting in a queue and in and out in about five minutes.

Just had a report from my friend who qualifies for this, and he had Moderna as well, with no problems. Wonder if that's the "standard" 4th jab, or just coincidence.

On 5/18/2022 at 4:09 PM, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Fortunately we're both triple-jabbed so suffering what so far seem like symptoms of a very bad cold, so still feeling pretty sh*te but hopefully no worse than that, and hiding away from the rest of the world for a while.

We've both tested negative again this morning, I'm happy to say! 

Do not know Roger, when I gave the man doing the jabs my record card he said they only had Moderna not Pfizer as was recorded on my card.

So is the 2nd Booster (4th jab) different to the first Booster? I've had 2 Zeneca jabs and a Moderna Booster. What might I get next?

As for side effects, last December I had Sore arm and headache for a few days, after the Booster, but nothing after previous jabs.

3 hours ago, Jim H said:

As for side effects, last December I had Sore arm and headache for a few days, after the Booster, but nothing after previous jabs.

I had sore arm and "fluey" symptoms after the booster , nothing with the first two.

I had A -Z for the first 2, Pfizer for the booster, my Mrs got 2 A-Z,then a Moderna booster. Friend I mentioned earlier had 3 Pfizer, then Moderna for the 4th.

Maybe they just stick in whatever they have on the day. Important thing is it all seems to work!😀

• Like 3

I've had two A/Zs and two Pfizers , no side effects with the A/Zs but a painful arm with the Pfizer but the second Pfizer wasn't as painful as the first, my Sister had the Moderna for the fourth jab and no side effects at all. I Believe they like to mix different jabs to get stronger resistance.

On 11/16/2021 at 6:44 PM, unofix said:

New government approved medical grade material especially suitable for making face coverings has recently been revealed. It's environmentally friendly and can be washed and reused as often as required. Tests have proven it to be at least as effective as the current masks worn by minions millions.

https://www.cooksongold.com/Enamelling/Stainless-Steel-Mesh-Sheet-Fine----300x300mm-prcode-860-096?gclid=Cj0KCQiAys2MBhDOARIsAFf1D1eVAAWPtj1OvmGm2at1EwBIpNO7QWrEo90-nkbtUFYRWyfqFIzlu1gaAl9GEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Thanks for your sharing......

30 minutes ago, yinggkou32 said:

Thanks for your sharing......

LOL I fear Jackie that @unofix was extracting the Michael - everyone knows by now that mask wearing for the general public of any sort, doesn't work 🤣 Great though if you are in an operating theater...

• Haha 3

On 6/2/2022 at 10:56 AM, StephenFord said:

everyone knows by now that mask wearing for the general public of any sort, doesn't work 🤣 

Just been on a short cruise. All guests had to provide Covid passes to prove they had been triple jabbed and were tested at the port before boarding, same for the staff who are also tested regularly during the trip.  A few days before departure we were advised that mask wearing was no longer necessary on board, for passengers. This was lucky as mask wearing was not mentioned when we booked and would certainly have put us off going had we known.

All the staff, however, had to wear masks at all times - even those working outside on deck - and, it seemed, even in their time off as we saw them wandering about masked at ports of call.

We've been on a few cruises and the staff are generally lovely people and a pleasure to interact with, so being served by these faceless individuals seemed very weird indeed.

We were unable to figure out whether this was intended to protect the passengers from the staff or vice versa, but a pretty odd experience!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Covid passes to prove they had been triple jabbed

Oh well looks like I won't be going on holiday any time soon :sad: I've had two jabs and I have zero intention of getting anymore. Looks like Butlins Skegness for me !! on second thoughts I'll just stop at home 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, unofix said:

Looks like Butlins Skegness for me !!

My only visit was to their (long demolished) Filey camp with my parents in the 1950's. I believe, though, that they only ask for double jabs so you'd be ok! 😀

As mentioned earlier in the thread, the Mrs and I have recently had Covid but only experienced fairly mild cold/flu like symptoms, so we were very happy to have been triple-jabbed. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club