Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Covid vaccine - would you take it?

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Definitely will have it, sick of having tests every time some scum spits at me. Wife will defo have it too as she is a covid ward nurse so has seen first hand just how nasty the virus is. I think anyo

The latest one is that hackers are trying to disrupt the vaccine distrubution. Utter scum. Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Is it free? I never turn down the offer of a free gift. 

Posted Images

Interesting Government press release here on some degree of immunity being conveyed by having had the virus. I'd still prefer the jab, tbh!😀

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/past-covid-19-infection-provides-some-immunity-but-people-may-still-carry-and-transmit-virus

"We now know that most of those who have had the virus, and developed antibodies, are protected  from reinfection"

THAT'S why Boris is able to go where he likes...he's immune!

Not sure if I'm being thick here (probably!), but surely immunity means that the virus would be killed off pretty quickly within your system before having the chance to multiply to huge numbers?  How can immune people still carry and transmit it? :unsure: 

You can still have the virus in your immune system, and whilst you won’t feel the effects of it because your immune system kills it off, it’s still transmissible to those that haven’t had it. 

As an aside, I had it early on in March. I was recently exposed to someone with it at work, and whilst I’ve been self-isolating for 10 days, I haven’t developed any effects from it. Now that may be because I didn’t catch it at all, or it could be because my body has immunity and has killed it off. However, I could still spread it if I did have it.

Being exposed to it should automatically mean you catch it according to media theory. You may be somewhat immune, having had it before, but it seems to fly in the face of what were told.

I have been exposed to it more than once, but have not experienced any symptoms. All I got was a smaller pay cheque.

15 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

You can still have the virus in your immune system, and whilst you won’t feel the effects of it because your immune system kills it off, it’s still transmissible to those that haven’t had it. 

I do get that, but surely it'll only be a day or two that it's in there and in such a small amount that it wouldn't be transmittable anyway?

The concern I have here, is that people that can't have the virus for medical reasons (those that are already extremely vulnerable) will still be at great risk even after the majority or people have had the vaccine?

There are going to be people that cant have the  coronavirus vaccine. Same with other vaccines too.

Vaccinating the majority is the goal.

Just now, mokes said:

There are going to be people that cant have the  coronavirus vaccine. Same with other vaccines too.

Vaccinating the majority is the goal.

Yes, but if we're suggesting that the virus will still be spread around between vaccinated people, just without them noticing, then it means the unvaccinated vulnerable people won't ever be able to leave the house again...  

Maybe over time, a 'natural' immunity encouraged by vaccination, will mean the virus will be less prevalent....bit like flu?

Otherwise, it would appear that these individuals will be imprisoned in their homes.

Then, the issue is whether these people should be allowed to travel anyway. A risk to themselves and a risk to others.

Somehow, I dont see discriminatory travel restrictions happening.....

58 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I do get that, but surely it'll only be a day or two that it's in there and in such a small amount that it wouldn't be transmittable anyway?

The concern I have here, is that people that can't have the virus for medical reasons (those that are already extremely vulnerable) will still be at great risk even after the majority or people have had the vaccine?

I believe you will still contract a full viral load if you’ve already had it, it just doesn’t effect you and will take a few days to full fight off. My parents had mild flu symptoms for a week after getting their jab. If enough people have the vaccine and so will become asymptomatic when they get it, then the vectors for transmission will be reduced I guess, greatly reducing the risk for clinically vulnerable people. Equally, the vaccine will allow them to fight it off before it fully takes effect in the body. I’m not an expert, this is just my understanding lol so could be totally incorrect!

10 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

I just love the way we have all turned into such medical experts in the last 9 months!

Next slide please... 😁

It's almost as if it's dominated our lives giving little chance to think about anything else... 🤔🤔

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Not sure if I'm being thick here (probably!), but surely immunity means that the virus would be killed off pretty quickly within your system before having the chance to multiply to huge numbers?  How can immune people still carry and transmit it? :unsure: 

People would be infected by it but those immune would trigger a faster immune response so clearing it faster before causing it's pathology. The virus might still replicate in them hence could still pass it onto others.

2 hours ago, mokes said:

"We now know that most of those who have had the virus, and developed antibodies, are protected  from reinfection"

I don't think he knows what he's talking about 😂. If that was the case we never would be getting the flu every year. Reason why viruses like influenza gets people every year is because there's another strain of it. Another strain means it's basically new to your immune system so your body has to go through finding a right antibodies which can bind to the receptor of the virus and so blocks it from replicating.

With covid there's new strains being found so you might get sick again if you catch another strain. Basically a virus needs your cells to manipulate it to use its machinery to create more viruses but it first needs to enter the cells using its receptors. Your antibodies work in blocking the receptor so hence blocks it entering your cells and replicating inside it and killing your cells

"We now know that most of those who have had the virus, and developed antibodies, are protected  from reinfection"

@Zain611, Boris didnt say that, it was Professor Susan Hopkins, Senior Medical Advisor at Public Health England and the SIREN study.

40 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

I just love the way we have all turned into such medical experts in the last 9 months!

Next slide please... 😁

Well, theres clearly nothing else to talk about...except of course, there is. Cancer, heart disease, dementia, but none of that matters at the moment does it?

1 minute ago, mokes said:

Well, theres clearly nothing else to talk about...except of course, there is. Cancer, heart disease, dementia, but none of that matters at the moment does it?

Well, having been wonderfully treated by the NHS for 2 out of those 3 (I'll let you guess which one I haven't!), I'm more than  happy to talk about them... 😃

5 minutes ago, mokes said:

Then you were quite lucky as I assume it was prior to 2020?

Thankfully yes, though some follow ups have been interrupted by last years activities...

5 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

Er, I'm not sure I want to as I think you will disagree with whatever I write.

I still have no idea what you are talking about.