Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


New Covid vaccine - would you take it?


zain611
 Share

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, StephenFord said:

suggested as I was there, I should get mine too LOL), & had flu last week, so rock on winter!

You should have a "Glow" round you like the Ready Brek Kid 😀

hqdefault.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, unofix said:

You should have a "Glow" round you like the Ready Brek Kid 😀

 

One of life's disappointments because as a kid, after harassing my mum to buy it for me, I never did have that lovely glow around me LOL 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

On 11/6/2021 at 1:30 PM, StephenFord said:

On reading that back, sounds as if I had bunked the queue, I had a legitimate appointment anyway for the Monday, just wanted to save a repeat trip to the Dr as I'm trying to stay 'green' LOL

Well, had my booster at 3.30pm today (Pfizer) to add to my previous shots of Astra Zeneca. Walked there and back (about 4 miles round trip) - like Stephen, I'm trying to be green😀

No reactions so far, but interestingly this time they were quite keen for you to hang around for 10-15 minutes. By the time you've sorted yourself out, read the leaflet and popped to the loo, you're about done anyway, so no bother. But disappointed there were no tea and biccies on offer, though!

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


26 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

No reactions so far, but interestingly this time they were quite keen for you to hang around for 10-15 minutes.

I spent my 15 minutes driving home LOL 🤣 I'm a real rebel!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/8/2021 at 7:36 PM, Eric Bloodaxe said:

 

Well, had my booster at 3.30pm today (Pfizer) to add to my previous shots of Astra Zeneca. Walked there and back (about 4 miles round trip) - like Stephen, I'm trying to be green😀

No reactions so far, but interestingly this time they were quite keen for you to hang around for 10-15 minutes. By the time you've sorted yourself out, read the leaflet and popped to the loo, you're about done anyway, so no bother. But disappointed there were no tea and biccies on offer, though!

 

 

I’m edging towards not having the booster at the moment.The inventor of the AZ vaccination has publicly said a booster is not necessary if you have had the AZ jabs.That’s good enough for me.Any idea if there is an AZ booster on offer?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, williamweb said:

I’m edging towards not having the booster at the moment.The inventor of the AZ vaccination has publicly said a booster is not necessary if you have had the AZ jabs.That’s good enough for me.Any idea if Is there an AZ booster on offer?

I had the AZ original double jab. It's often quoted that a 'mix' of brands increases your protection. I've been getting flu jabs for over 20 years, never had a 2nd thought about any vaccine. So I now have a mixture of AZ and Pfeizer. It's 'free' and I'm very tolerant of all meds I've ever had, so for me, why not. I respect your decision though...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

I had the AZ original double jab. It's often quoted that a 'mix' of brands increases your protection. 

Yes, likewise, everything I've seen suggests a "cocktail" of types gives you more protection. I have seen something about the AZ being given as a booster, but I think that's in cases where the individual can't take the Pfizer or Moderna for some medical reason, or in a situation where it's the only thing available.

As before, though, it's a case of you get what you're given. Clearly, as a Yorkshireman, I'm not going to turn down a free jab!.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Yes, likewise, everything I've seen suggests a "cocktail" of types gives you more protection.

 

I guess it's like your, '5 a day'. Eating 5 apples won't do it, you need a mixture of fruit to give a wider variety of nutrients!

Link to comment
Share on other sites


38 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

The inventor of the AZ vaccination has publicly said a booster is not necessary if you have had the AZ jabs.

I'd seen the statement by Professor Gilbert which is mentioned in this article and was I think made while the scope and extent of the booster campaign was still under consideration. She was saying a booster may not be necessary for some people, but seemed to be suggesting that it would be a good idea for us older types, plus those who have underlying conditions or are having treatment which compromised their natural immunity.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/covid-vaccine-creator-mass-boosters-unnecessary-79935446

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

The inventor of the AZ vaccination has publicly said a booster is not necessary if you have had the AZ jabs.

Just picking you up on misquoting StephenFord👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, williamweb said:

Just picking you up on misquoting StephenFord👍

Hey, that's weird. I was meaning to quote you of course, how did Stephen get in there? I must have quoted Stephen quoting you. But now you've quoted me quoting Stephen quoting you!😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Hey, that's weird. I was meaning to quote you of course, how did Stephen get in there? I must have quoted Stephen quoting you. But now you've quoted me quoting Stephen quoting you!😀

Too much quoting going on here. The French will be up in arms.Or is there something fishy going on ? 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Today's "what a dope" moment.

Putting on my lightweight waterproof to pop out, I felt a sharp pain in my chest. Was it a side effect of the booster jab yesterday ? Or the first sign of that heart attack my doctors keep promising me? No, the large pin I'd used to attach my Remembrance Poppy had come right through my coat and stabbed me in the chest!😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Today's "what a dope" moment.

Putting on my lightweight waterproof to pop out, I felt a sharp pain in my chest. Was it a side effect of the booster jab yesterday ? Or the first sign of that heart attack my doctors keep promising me? No, the large pin I'd used to attach my Remembrance Poppy had come right through my coat and stabbed me in the chest!😀

Tea and biscuits ?😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, iantt said:

Not sure the NHS would cover that. Might have to go private.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Took the Mrs for her booster 9.30 this morning. She got the Moderna vaccine, first person we know to have got this. All good so far, she didn't even feel the needle. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had covid beat covid, had worse colds to be honest so no I won't be having the vaccine, natural immunity for the win. I know of people who are vaccinated and up to date on their 90th booster and still caught Covid again and I was in the presence of one and never caught it from her a second time. If you wanna have it go for it and if you dont then dont but what I would say is lets not aid in the division calling for people to lose out on regular freedoms such as leisure and travel because of their decision to trust their immune system as oppose to governments and pharma companies, its not selfish, if the vaccine and face mask actually work then its self inflicted and nobody elses business.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We could always start a discussion on how ludicrous 'vaccine passports' are! Given that those double jabbed with booster (like me) can still pass it on, what's the f*ckin' point!! Nothing more than political theater, like the wearing of face coverings...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Forums


News


Membership