Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Luxury Hatchbacks - Focus Vignale Equivalents?

TomsFocus

46 minutes ago, Wino said:

I turn everything off before shutting down the car. Have done since the battery drained at first lockdown back in March / April.

Oh, I misunderstood your earlier post.  Not sure why you'd switch it all off.  Should all go off on its own.

My confusion was with the auto/dual...it seemed like you could only have one or the other, and I couldn't get both to move together regardless of what I pressed!

8 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Anyone know how long it takes to build a car from 'segmentation'?

Been given an estimate of 6-8 weeks which seems a long time to bolt a few bits together?

Sounds about right. A couple of weeks it should get built and gate released. Takes a few more weeks to get sent by train from Germany to Netherlands, then boat to Dagenham. Then another few weeks to get loaded on a transporter and to the dealer. 

At any point there can be delays. It took 4 weeks just for mine to get put on a transporter at Dagenham. 

What's segmentation?  My factory order with options was 10 weeks.

Just now, Guy Heaton said:

Segmentation means it’s had all its parts allocated ready for assembly. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Oh, I misunderstood your earlier post.  Not sure why you'd switch it all off.  Should all go off on its own.

My confusion was with the auto/dual...it seemed like you could only have one or the other, and I couldn't get both to move together regardless of what I pressed!

Probably my OCD kicking in 🙄

Think that's the point of dual tbh. You could have the drivers side at 25 degrees and the passenger side at 10 degrees for instance.

If you have it in mono mode or whatever it’s called you have to control it with the drivers side controls. If you use the passenger side it goes back to dual mode and operates the temperature independently. There is a maximum difference it supports though. I only ever have mine in mono mode though. 

• Like 2

My father in law's 2008 Mondeo ghia has separate fan controls for each side too.  That would be good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alexp999 said:

Sounds about right. A couple of weeks it should get built and gate released. Takes a few more weeks to get sent by train from Germany to Netherlands, then boat to Dagenham. Then another few weeks to get loaded on a transporter and to the dealer. 

At any point there can be delays. It took 4 weeks just for mine to get put on a transporter at Dagenham. 

I thought they assembled them in a day or two from pre-fabbed parts?   It didn't take that long to build the Model T's! :biggrin:

I hadn't thought about all the transportation though.  Didn't realise that took so long.

1 hour ago, Guy Heaton said:

I'm told that it was already on order and is now on the production line in pieces as Alex says.  Which does make it sound like a Lego set...  

Looks like the timescale is fairly normal though.  

It does get built in a day. But it’s everything either side of that which takes the time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wino said:

Probably my OCD kicking in 🙄

Think that's the point of dual tbh. You could have the drivers side at 25 degrees and the passenger side at 10 degrees for instance.

Yeah, but loners like me should be able to lock the two sides together.  It's possible mines broken as I was expecting it to work as Alex described.  Twist drivers knob and it should adjust both together.

1 hour ago, alexp999 said:

If you have it in mono mode or whatever it’s called you have to control it with the drivers side controls. If you use the passenger side it goes back to dual mode and operates the temperature independently. There is a maximum difference it supports though. I only ever have mine in mono mode though. 

How do you get to mono mode?  Just leave the 'dual' light off?

3 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

It does get built in a day. But it’s everything either side of that which takes the time. 

Looking for that damn 10mm probably! :biggrin:

2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Yeah, but loners like me should be able to lock the two sides together.  It's possible mines broken as I was expecting it to work as Alex described.  Twist drivers knob and it should adjust both together.

I think it’s a dedicated “dual” button on the mk4. On the mk3 I think you had to hold the auto button. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

I think it’s a dedicated “dual” button on the mk4. On the mk3 I think you had to hold the auto button. 

It's the button in the middle of the passengers dial I think.  Mines definitely broken if so.

The climate was broken on my MK3 DV6 as well...the MONO never showed on the screen which was a known issue on them.

I also found the heated screen button to be unintuitive...place a windscreen button next to the rear heated screen button and everyone would assume that's the heated front screen...nope, that's just the annoying deafening mode that dries out your eyeballs.  Heated windscreen button is an inch lower. :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

This is all from memory so it might not be exact and if you understand it first time then you are as sad as me 😁

If you switch it on there is an orange light on both the passenger and drivers button. The one on the drivers side can be either turned on or off by pressing it.

If the drivers side light is off then turning that dial changes the temperature on both sides, but turning the passenger one changes the passenger side only. If the drivers light has been switched  on the it only controls the drivers side.

Personally I switch the system on by pressing the Auto or Windscreen button and keep the drivers light off so that the whole car is the same. I also switch mine off via the passenger button before stopping because I like the car to settle for a few seconds at the next restart before putting extra strain on things by using Aircon straight from a cold start, over the top maybe but that is what I do.

• Thanks 1

If the passenger turns their dial it goes dual, then you just press the button to go back to mono.

I never turn my system off manually.

Blimey this thread has got long since I last looked. Tom, have you looked on leaseloco.com? They rate the lease deals from 100% down so you know if you're getting a good deal or not. You can also pick how long you want the lease for and how much deposit you want to put down.

On 1/5/2021 at 8:53 PM, Guy Heaton said:

If the passenger turns their dial it goes dual, then you just press the button to go back to mono.

I never turn my system off manually.

Missed this before but realised it was my fault after all!  In my head I'd imagined 'dual' to mean both together instead of both separate! I even wrote it in this thread correctly but it still didn't click when I was physically in the car!:laugh:

42 minutes ago, Frowma said:

Blimey this thread has got long since I last looked.

Yeah, this is why I make a lot of posts but don't generally make threads! :laugh:

I'm terrible at taking advice, keep changing my mind and doubting myself constantly... :unsure:

There is some good news though!  This thread might finally have reached its end!  The other car has been returned this morning.  And I have had a finance application accepted this afternoon.  :smile:

• Like 6

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Yeah, this is why I make a lot of posts but don't generally make threads! :laugh:

I'm terrible at taking advice, keep changing my mind and doubting myself constantly... :unsure:

There is some good news though!  This thread might finally have reached its end!  The other car has been returned this morning.  And I have had a finance application accepted this afternoon.  :smile:

That’s good news! What have you got, or is it a suprise?

8 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

If Tom tells you, I'm afraid he'd have to kill you 😁

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, dtulip8 said:

Well, considering I've got to wait 6-8 weeks for it to be built and shipped over...I think it'll be a surprise to all of us by that point!! :laugh:

I must be seriously impatient, had no idea people wait so long for new cars, I thought they were generally bought on impulse! :laugh:

• Haha 1

Just now, TomsFocus said:

Well, considering I've got to wait 6-8 weeks for it to be built and shipped over...I think it'll be a surprise to all of us by that point!! :laugh:

I must be seriously impatient, had no idea people wait so long for new cars, I thought they were generally bought on impulse! :laugh:

I waited 3-4 months for my mk3.5 ST. 

• Sad 2

46 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

My Fiesta came from the pre-built stock in a compound in Belgium I think. Only had to wait 3 weeks for it to be shipped and registered lol. 

• Like 1

Tom you've finally bought one?  Woohoo!! 😃

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club