Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK3 Windscreen Leak

Werneroeder

Afternoon All,

I am experiencing some quite bad leaking on the driver’s  side of my windscreen. Taken to Ford, and was told that there’s nothing wrong with it. Driving home in the rain, after leaving the garage, sure enough, it leaks again. 
Has anyone else ever had this problem? The bottom right corner of the windscreen is constantly covered in condensation, indicating that that area is wet.

46C7FF00-5435-41DB-B58A-057D20A4799B.jpeg

I would get a windscreen place to look at it they may be able to remove and reseal it. 

10 minutes ago, F0CUE said:

I would get a windscreen place to look at it they may be able to remove and reseal it. 

It’s under warranty. 

Well I would take pictures of the problem to provide evidence so they fix it. 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I have noticed an occasional drop of water on the dash, but cannot locate the source of the leak from the windscreen of my Ford Focus ST 2017. I took out an extended warranty with Motorpoint when i purchased the vehicle in February of 2021, but on notifying them of the problem, refused to even entertain it. The warranty only covers electrical and other bits and pieces. Has anyone else had this issue as when i rang the Ford dealership they wanted £144 just to search for the leak and then would be parts and labour + vat on top. Taking the pi55. It would be cheaper putting a hammer through the windscreen and getting a replacement. The car is beginning to smell of damp too, but clears. I cannot feel anywhere that is actually wet though. It's a strange one. Can anyone else who has had this issue recommend a cheaper company to deal with.  

Edited by Dannygelly

3 hours ago, Dannygelly said:

...It's a strange one. Can anyone else who has had this issue recommend a cheaper company to deal with.  

See above, take it to a windscreen place (AutoGlass or the like...) this is their bread & butter...

• 8 months later...

I am having exactly the same problem with my Focus ST Line 2017 Model.

have complained to Ford and waiting for an answer.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, focusdriver73 said:

I am having exactly the same problem with my Focus ST Line 2017 Model.

have complained to Ford and waiting for an answer.

Car 5 years old? Now, don't be a one post wonder, make sure you get back to us with exactly what Ford responds to your complaint! 😁

• Haha 1

A spokesperson gave an official response ...... 🖕

• Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...

I’ve a 2013 Ford Focus and it’s leaking from the drivers side top corner either around the roof rails or the windscreen. I’ve put a load of silicone all around the area but still water gets it. The roof lining by the inside roof handle and then runs to the floor. It’s driving me nuts and the car is always steamed up. Any ideas?

8 minutes ago, Andywirral said:

I’ve a 2013 Ford Focus and it’s leaking from the drivers side top corner either around the roof rails or the windscreen. I’ve put a load of silicone all around the area but still water gets it. The roof lining by the inside roof handle and then runs to the floor. It’s driving me nuts and the car is always steamed up. Any ideas?

You'll not like this, but I think the only sure fix is to take it to a windscreen place so they can remove screen and then put it back properly. No amount of 'home sealant' will cure it. No, I have no idea how much it would cost, though you could wait till you get a rather large stone chip that shatters the screen, then you insurance will usually cover it :biggrin:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Andywirral said:

I’ve a 2013 Ford Focus and it’s leaking from the drivers side top corner either around the roof rails or the windscreen. I’ve put a load of silicone all around the area but still water gets it. The roof lining by the inside roof handle and then runs to the floor. It’s driving me nuts and the car is always steamed up.

21 minutes ago, Andywirral said:

Any ideas?

Hammer and insurance🤪

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

I just came across this forum and found it interesting. I have a 2014 ford focus diesel estate. My BCM is corroded and seriously draining my battery! New battery fitted Friday and fully drained on Monday! Thought it may be the washer pump pushing water back to the BCM. However after being advised  Ford Dealerships are best to fit and code I went to Ford. The friendly mechanic took a quick look and agreed the BCM was corroded where it plugs in. I mentioned the water pump as a possible cause? He looked at me and went to look at my windscreen and said that's your problem. I could see a misty grey line all around the base of the screen and when firmly pushed water was visible in the joint My first job is to get a new screen fitted for £220. I noticed the car was getting a very damp smell but couldn't locate the cause! I have been advised to use  a de-humidifier to dry it out after but to also be aware it could affect the lcd radio display! I really hope it's the cause of the leak. Ford want to charge me £500 for the new BCM. I was thinking of getting a second hand one but have been told it must be coded. Would Ford code it for me? Does anyone know? It's a nightmare. I am having to disconnect the battery at night just to use the car and then disconnect it at work..

1: Bust your windscreen, pay the excess for the new one.

2: Source a replacement BCM same part number as yours

3: Buy a decent OBD Lead, either the V-Linker or OBDLink EX

4: Fit the new BCM your self, battery disconnected obviously

5: Using FORScan, download and install the configuration files for your car - see FORScan forums for how to do it and reprogram your keys, there are plenty of people on here who have done BCM swaps and on FORScan forums to help you

If you do have problems, or don't want to risk re-programming and reconfiguring the replacement BCM then Ford will do just that for you, you're the customer, you're paying. Budget for 2 hours labour, just fit the BCM and tow it to the dealer to get reprogrammed.

There you go, I've just saved you about £400

• Like 1

Ford won't fit a 2nd hand part, you must fit and connect the part your self and then pay for reprogramming and recoding.

• 3 months later...

I've got the same problem and I changed the windscreen they said it wasn't there screen tho and they were right as it is still leaking ln the same place passage side top windscreen on the door post inside and on the outside where the plastic roof rail is at least I think as I can't find it.🤬

15 hours ago, Jason bloom said:

I've got the same problem and I changed the windscreen they said it wasn't there screen tho and they were right as it is still leaking ln the same place passage side top windscreen on the door post inside and on the outside where the plastic roof rail is at least I think as I can't find it.🤬

Take it back to whoever fitted the screen and get them to refit the screen

On 11/22/2022 at 10:05 AM, StephenFord said:

You'll not like this, but I think the only sure fix is to take it to a windscreen place so they can remove screen and then put it back properly. No amount of 'home sealant' will cure it. No, I have no idea how much it would cost, though you could wait till you get a rather large stone chip that shatters the screen, then you insurance will usually cover it :biggrin:

Hi this isn't going to help sorry but I had /still got the same problem focus 2012 I had the windscreen replaced as autoglass fit it ages ago that said it's free as they guarantee it they done a great job all nice and neat.. all done but didn't do anything still leaking can't be the screen surely 🤬 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club