Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Electric Problem

eggiemk1

Hi, i have a W reg KA which i bought recently, it was cheap so expected some issues but this one has got me proper stumped.

The boot release button next to the steering wheel didnt work, the motor works and i followed it all the way back to the switch unable to find an error. i went to my haynes manual to the wiring diagrams and have hence found that the car has central locking, this dosnt work (didnt even know it had central locking till i started fiddling about) and this is the reason the boot release wont work. but i cannot find a reason for it not to work. i have checked all the fuses and checked all the earths i can find. does any one have any ideas what could be up with it?

email me at eggiemk1@hotmail.com if u have any suggestions

Hi, i have a W reg KA which i bought recently, it was cheap so expected some issues but this one has got me proper stumped.

The boot release button next to the steering wheel didnt work, the motor works and i followed it all the way back to the switch unable to find an error. i went to my haynes manual to the wiring diagrams and have hence found that the car has central locking, this dosnt work (didnt even know it had central locking till i started fiddling about) and this is the reason the boot release wont work. but i cannot find a reason for it not to work. i have checked all the fuses and checked all the earths i can find. does any one have any ideas what could be up with it?

email me at eggiemk1@hotmail.com if u have any suggestions

get a remote fob its unlikely it had central locking either remote or key some stuff was optional it sounds like the boot switch itself is faulty fairly common have you checked that there is power through those wires all the way to the switch? the fault can only be either with the switch or with the release in the lock after checking parkers central locking was an optional extra and not includede as standard

get a remote fob its unlikely it had central locking either remote or key some stuff was optional it sounds like the boot switch itself is faulty fairly common have you checked that there is power through those wires all the way to the switch? the fault can only be either with the switch or with the release in the lock after checking parkers central locking was an optional extra and not includede as standard

have you checked the plate that the conection is put through in the boot is clear there will be 4 pins or 3 pins and the each hit the pad below this was the problem on mine as the pads had worn out you just need to clean then up i used some thinners only a small bit on a rag and just wipe down the pins and the pads then check the power is going to each pad if not try swapping them round to see if one is faulty.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club