Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Mk3 2.0Tdci 130 No Power After Tuning???!!!

Chris_Plumber

Hi all,

I have a MK3 Mondeo 2.0TDCi 130. It has recently been de-catted, remapped, lowered, and had an air filter fitted. It drove fine for about a week, but now the coil light flashes after start up and there is absolutely no power (it tops out at 70 and takes more than a minute to get to 60 if on the flat)!

It does not do this first thing in the morning or if I let it warm up to peak temperature, then turn it off and start it again.

Any ideas cos it's really p***ing me off now!!!!

Many thanks

Chris

it sounds like the car is going into limp home mode,there should be a code in the ecu to point towards what the problem is, it could be that the remap has gone to far and stressed the injection side of things, you could go back to the people who remapped your car and get them to diaganose the codes for you.allthough this problem is usually caused by tuning boxes and not proper remaps.

• 2 weeks later...

The people that remapped have been brilliant, they've tuned it down and even tried taking it off completely, but it still happened. The error code it came up with was something like "turbo boost 8", but no-one seems to know what that is (not even ford)! The only option I have been given is a new turbo which is silly money... has anyone else got any other ideas that don't run into thousands of pounds?

i take it that the intercooler and boost pipes are good and sound.

• 3 weeks later...

The people that remapped have been brilliant, they've tuned it down and even tried taking it off completely, but it still happened. The error code it came up with was something like "turbo boost 8", but no-one seems to know what that is (not even ford)! The only option I have been given is a new turbo which is silly money... has anyone else got any other ideas that don't run into thousands of pounds?

Hi mate, i had the same problem on a 52 plate mondeo tdci 115 which i sold at work. It turned out to be the fireing order of the injectors. I took it 2 a mechanic i know which he plugged his computer in the ecu and reset it for me then it was fine after that, so it could be worth giving that a try. Luke

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club