Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Ford Focus estate boot size

Bethan

Hi all

im hoping somebody here may be able to help.  I am getting a new focus estate next week and need to know the internal boot dimensions so that I can get a dog crate.  The only info I can find is the ltr capacity, not actual dimensions.  

Does anyone have an estate and able to tell me?  Or anyone have an estate and got a dog crate that fits in one half of it?  It seems Ford / Travall haven’t yet made a divider for the new model. 

Hope these are of help Bethan.  Just measured mine.  The width is 115cm.  Depth varies with height due to the rake of the back seat and tailgate.  At floor level it's 99cm but from the top of the back seats to the tailgate it's 86cm (that's at a height of 43cm) which would be more relevant for your crate.  At ceiling height the available depth would be down to about 66cm I reckon.  The height from floor to ceiling tapers from 76cm at the back of the seats to 70cm at the back of the car.

Dimensions are just as useful (if not more) than capacity and it's annoying that they are not supplied.  I was lucky that my neighbour had already bought a new estate and even allowed me to try our biggish labrador in it.  There's just enough headroom for him to sit upright without bumping his head!  If you've got any doubts could you wait until you've collected the car?

However if you'd prefer a divider try the Travall website again.  There seems to be a divider available for my estate.  www.travall.co.uk/ford/focus-estate-2018-   I'm quite tempted to get one.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club