Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When did they start fitting GPF

AlanC2

Hi all,

My wife is thinking of buying a second hand Fiesta.  Does anyone know if recent models have a GPF fitted (I assume they do) and when they were introduced.

She is moving from an S-Max Diesel and would rather avoid having a filter.

Thanks

Alan

All engines that conform to Euro 6.2 emissions will have a GPF fitted (im assuming all mk8 petrols will have one fitted. Certainly anything 2019 onwards will).

They don't work the same as a DPF though. In theory they shouldn't block up as frequently or be as troublesome as a DPF. It seems all the issues so far have been software related rather than driving style which is the main cause of failing filters.

• Like 2

Mk8 Fiesta, anything with the latest generation of 1.0 or 1.5 ecoboost.  I have one on my mk4 Focus.  After 6 months of very short journeys it did give the drive to clear message.  I took the car then for a long drive and it didn't come back.  Might have to do that every so often until I start driving to work again.

About 10 days after the message my car died with a high pressure fuel issue.  No idea if the two are related though.

My Mk 8, built Feb 2018, does not have it. Can't find the thread which originally mentioned it, but I think it started being fitted a little later, the middle of that year. This was still on the original wet-belt engine.

The Fiesta got the latest generation engine early 2020 which is easily recognised. Several of us posted up pics of our 2018/2019 engines but there didn't seem to be an easy way to spot one with gpf, at least looking from above.

My V5C indicates "Version: Euro 6" so presumably gpf equipped cars will say " Euro 6.2" ?

I did find out when the gpf was fitted from , but can't think now where I found out. Will look and see if I can find out. 

On 12/14/2020 at 12:24 PM, Eric Bloodaxe said:

My Mk 8, built Feb 2018, does not have it.

My MK8 ST-Line 140 built around Sept 2019 does have a GPF.

Never seen any messages related to clearing it though, but then again I do 70+ miles a day mainly at motorway speeds and very rarely any trips of less than 5 miles.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2020 at 9:12 AM, AlanC2 said:

She is moving from an S-Max Diesel and would rather avoid having a filter

For Sale? I'm looking for an smax

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Alan and all,

To my knowledge, Euro6.2 was in force from 1 Sept 2018 so all 68 plate cars onwards will have one. When I was looking at used mk8s back in summer, checking Etis showed that some built from around June 2018 were Euro6.2 so some late 18-plate cars will have GPF too. 

The other way to check is the black ID sticker in the driver's door opening as that will show if the car is Euro6.2 or not.

I'd guess that as Luke said, there's much less to fear from a GPF than a diesel particulate filter - though I've no personal experience of GPFs and haven't had any problem with DPFs so far. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The wife found a 68 plate Fiesta Active X that she liked so we purchased it.  The V5 and the black ID sticker both say Euro 6.

The description on Etis is:

Fiesta 2017 -, 1.0L EcoBoost 120PS/125PS/140PS, Frozen White

Does that mean it was built in 2017 but not registered until 2018?  The registration date on the V5 is 28/09/2018.

My GPF equipped car says this on ETIS.1310D162-3F65-454A-ADE3-11B459384BAA.thumb.png.a8196ae0ad11bb8064219c91ce7caaf7.png

If yours says Euro 6 then it won’t have a GPF.

1 hour ago, AlanC2 said:

Does that mean it was built in 2017 but not registered until 2018?  The registration date on the V5 is 28/09/2018.

No. It means that model of fiesta was released in 2017. The build date is listed on etis if you've logged in.

3 hours ago, AlanC2 said:

The wife found a 68 plate Fiesta Active X that she liked so we purchased it.  The V5 and the black ID sticker both say Euro 6.

If you have picked the car up look at the engine, mine has a sticker near the coil packs saying Aug 2018 although it was registered in Jan 2019

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club