Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Differences between the 1.6 tdci on the fiesta and focus

James Gately

Hi I’m wondering is the 1.6 tdci engine in the new (mk6 /7 ?) fiestas the same as the 1.6 tdci in the mk3 focus? 
I have a mk3 focus 1.6 tdci and I want to fit a front mount intercooler. Can’t find one for the focus would the one for a fiesta fit ? Heard a front mount intercooler from a Citroen Ds3 will fit, is this true ? Thanks in advance 

The MK3 Focus and the Mk7 Fiesta both use the later 8v engine.  Not the same as older 16v models. 

However, any intercooler will do the same job, just with a bit of extra pipework.  The issue is the actual fitting behind the bumper so I doubt a Fiesta IC fits a Focus.  

9 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Thanks tom, was wondering was it the same engine. Yeah it was wishful thinking by me was hoping it would bolt on handy enough if it was the same engine. I wonder if it’s true about the intercooler for the DS3 does it just bolt on?

I don't know about DS3 IC, would be a coincidence if it does though as the Focus front end is a very different shape.

18 hours ago, James Gately said:

Hi I’m wondering is the 1.6 tdci engine in the new (mk6 /7 ?) fiestas the same as the 1.6 tdci in the mk3 focus? 
I have a mk3 focus 1.6 tdci and I want to fit a front mount intercooler. Can’t find one for the focus would the one for a fiesta fit ? Heard a front mount intercooler from a Citroen Ds3 will fit, is this true ? Thanks in advance 

Why would you want one unless you are modifying the engine?

I am , hybrid turbo being installed along with a few other accompanying mods 

It could be, I would think the piping on the stD would be a lot bigger so I’d have to do a lot of chopping and changing, but will end up getting it if nothing is plug and play thanks though 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club