Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mirrors Different Heights?

Jason Tierney

Ok, so Ive just been reminded of a query I had the first day I got the car, and its wasnt only me that spotted it/pointed it out.

Is the passenger side mirror lower than the driver side, From the inside and I think from the out side they look lower.

This might just be someone telling me to get an eye test I duno.

I was reminded of it after looking at the S1600 thread and this pic in paticular

car_photo_368455_25.jpg

What do we think?

next up il get a tape measure out :D

It don't look lower to me, can't say i've noticed this on my car either :unsure:

i noticed this once and thought someone had knocked it at first, but i dont know if i just got use too it now so dont spot it... if they are at different levels!!

The mirrors in general look weird... kinda massive!

first thing my driving instructor said too me when he sat in my car was that ^^^^

Not sure about that but the split glass being on the left hand side is a pain :unsure:

Never noticed this on my own, but the mirror on the passenger is a fraction lower on the passenger side.

Maybe just that picture though

its not the best but i going out in a min so rushed it abit! but still proves the point

Picture1-2.png

Not sure about that but the split glass being on the left hand side is a pain :unsure:

I mentioned the "split glass" being on the passenger side (only) at the first service & my dealer fitted a "split glass" (i.e. blind spot mirror) to the driver's side too - at no charge. Apparently this is a "production defect" but dealers will only replace under warranty if the car's less than 12 months old & the customer asks for the fault to be rectified.

errm im sorry to sound really dumb, but what the hell is split glass?

Hi - it's where the mirror has a vertical dotted line, near to the outside edge; the glass on the "outside" of the dotted line is specially curved (convex) to show vehicles which would otherwise not be shown in the mirror due to the "blind spot" at the side of the car.

Hi - it's where the mirror has a vertical dotted line, near to the outside edge; the glass on the "outside" of the dotted line is specially curved (convex) to show vehicles which would otherwise not be shown in the mirror due to the "blind spot" at the side of the car.

Thanks alot :D

It's a pain in the !Removed! for me, as I have to back in to my drive around a corner with a VERY low wall :/

Why are the blind spot parts a PITA?

I think there handy once you realise that means a car IS in your blind spot. Ive looked in my mirror a few times when I first got it to change lanes, saw a car in the blind spot part, and thought,well, hes well behind me, luckily I still manually check my Blind spots, cant be too carful these days

My conclusion, based on the photo modestly edited below, is that the camera isn't level with the horizon :) Think about the software used to design these cars - the CAD/CAM stuff is extremely powerful and very accurate. It's so far beyond extremely unlikely, that I'd be comfortable in suggesting it's all in the head :lol:

You'll notice all the lines I've drawn are point to point of the distinguishing points as a reference. This shows all the right-side as being slightly "higher", based on the points from the left. This is why I say the picture isn't 'flat' as determined by a spirit level etc.

carphoto36845525b.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club