Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2021 Fiesta StLine X 155 Mhev

Mavroz

Hi Mavroz,

I've recently got the Fiesta Trend MHEV and I'm very happy with it. However I'm currently in dialog with Ford about the version of Ford Sync I have which I believe has a bug in it. The problem is when I have my phone connected to it via BT it will only use the Phone Voice assistant and not the car one no matter if do a long or short press on the voice button. I was wondering if you could do me a favour and tell me if yours has this problem and what version of Ford Sync is reported? Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, martoon said:

Hi Mavroz,

I've recently got the Fiesta Trend MHEV and I'm very happy with it. However I'm currently in dialog with Ford about the version of Ford Sync I have which I believe has a bug in it. The problem is when I have my phone connected to it via BT it will only use the Phone Voice assistant and not the car one no matter if do a long or short press on the voice button. I was wondering if you could do me a favour and tell me if yours has this problem and what version of Ford Sync is reported? Thanks in advance.

I also have this issue, and im on a older version of sync 3 being a 2018 car. Do let us know what they come back with, if anything. 👍

On 12/20/2020 at 8:21 PM, Mavroz said:

Again, being able to adjust the seat heights is a bonus on this model.

Just re-reading your informative posts so far. Is this something different to the manual height adjustment on driver/passenger seats I have on my 2018?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, martoon said:

Hi Mavroz,

Sync is 3.4 if that helps.

One thing I can say is the dealer told us that the sync, maps etc will now update automatically via WiFi when the car is connected to it as long as there are updates available. 

Not sure if voice commands or assistant work as they don't get used. Sorry.

Just now, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Just re-reading your informative posts so far. Is this something different to the manual height adjustment on driver/passenger seats I have on my 2018?

No, my 2019 also has height adjust but if I remember right, the mrs 2018 plate did not have height adjust on the driver seat but did on the passenger seat.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mavroz said:

No, my 2019 also has height adjust but if I remember right, the mrs 2018 plate did not have height adjust on the driver seat but did on the passenger seat.

Funny - both mine do, and much to my annoyance the garage always seem to shift the drivers seat to a different height every time the car is in!😀

8 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Funny - both mine do, and much to my annoyance the garage always seem to shift the drivers seat to a different height every time the car is in!😀

I'm sure all mechanics must be 10ft tall...  Anytime my cars been to the garage, the drivers seat seems to be returned in the back! :unsure:  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tom44 - thanks for that because I'm convinced it is a bug (amazingly Ford do not have an official bug reporting system so I'm doing it via their customer service and it's painful). This gives me more ammunition if other users have the same problem.

12 hours ago, Mavroz said:

Sync is 3.4 if that helps.

One thing I can say is the dealer told us that the sync, maps etc will now update automatically via WiFi when the car is connected to it as long as there are updates available. 

Not sure if voice commands or assistant work as they don't get used. Sorry.

All I want to know is what happens when you press the 'voice button' - does it goto the car or phone voice?

11 minutes ago, martoon said:

All I want to know is what happens when you press the 'voice button' - does it goto the car or phone voice?

Will have a look ASAP, at work now.

1 hour ago, martoon said:

Just checked mine and it is working as it should (car voice commands). Sync 3.4 build 19274

1 hour ago, martoon said:

Tom44 - thanks for that because I'm convinced it is a bug (amazingly Ford do not have an official bug reporting system so I'm doing it via their customer service and it's painful). This gives me more ammunition if other users have the same problem.

Yeah i use android auto and if its on no matter how long i hold the voice activation button it only goes to the google voice assistant and not the ford one, real annoying if I've forgotten to put mobile data on.

So this is the icon that I don't know what it means, any ideas? The blue foot and an arrow pointing to take it off the pedal. Most of the time it's not there, sometimes it's white sometimes it's blue. 

IMG_20201223_114238.jpg

It's telling you to take your foot of the accelerator, explained quickly here: 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tom44 said:

It's telling you to take your foot of the accelerator, explained quickly here: 

Cheers Tom. Going to have to do some testing with that. The video says 'driving exuberantly', but it only comes on at low speeds anyway 

• Like 1

Shame there isn't one for the brake with some of the drivers I get stuck behind... :biggrin: 

• Like 1

Informative  little video. Interesting that the guy seems to prefer "normal" drive mode. I usually find the same whenever I've owned/driven cars with selectable modes. "Eco" just seems to kill the throttle response (and enjoyment) and on many cars "sport" just makes the steering heavy and produces fake engine noises!😀

• Like 1

I’m actually liking that new blue that’s been introduced, I think it’s an old MK6 colour?

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I'm sure all mechanics must be 10ft tall...  Anytime my cars been to the garage, the drivers seat seems to be returned in the back! :unsure:  

Yes why is this?  I don't get how they can even reach the pedals.

55 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

It's no fun when roles are reversed. At least the short arses can get in the car to begin with. I often struggle to even get half a leg in between the seat n steering wheels when my OH leaves the seat in the " midgetposition" 😄

• Haha 2

OK, when pressing the voice command button, it is the car commands on both the wife's car and mine also that are activated.

Both cars were connected to our phones via Bluetooth. Her phone is an iPhone and mine a Samsung.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mavroz said:

it is the car commands on both the wife's car and mine also that are activated.

Both cars were connected to our phones via Bluetooth. Her phone is an IPhone and mine a Samsung.

Agreed, when connected only via bluetooth that is what should happen.

Only when phone is connected via cable for android auto in my case can i not access the car commands via the long press of that button, like @martoon said.

• Like 1

@Tom44 @Mavroz Thanks guys - when connected by cable only the phone voice is available but when connected via BT then you should be able to use either depending upon short or long press however for some reason mine always uses the phone voice whatever I do!

On 12/23/2020 at 1:42 PM, Guy Heaton said:

I know why this time.  As well as a new fuel rail they've replaced the accelerator pedal too.  Would love to know the connection between them.  Car seems quieter and smoother too.

Good to get the car back before Christmas.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club