Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Pass Guard Mode released today

Yes, we both have it but have it turned off. Just get a constant stream of messages, door opened, boot opened etc etc. If someone wanted to get into the car during the night, the guard is pointless anyway as I doubt we would use our phones until the next morning.

I messaged Ford today about my guard mode not been on my FordPass app they say the WiFi has to be turned on in your car for it to work can anyone else confirm that

9 minutes ago, DaveG1975 said:

I messaged Ford today about my guard mode not been on my FordPass app they say the WiFi has to be turned on in your car for it to work can anyone else confirm that

No that’s a load of rubbish. I don’t have WiFi set up on my car. 

It uses the modem. If your app can do remote lock and unlock and read oil fuel tyres etc. Then the car is setup. You’ll just have to wait for it to download the update I guess. 

WiFi is on, on both of ours but I am not sure it has to be or not to remote unlock etc. If remote unlock and guard work without being connected to WiFi, I am not sure how they connect to a mobile device without WiFi being turned on and connect via this.. Also not sure if location of vehicle only works when WiFi is turned on or not.

54 minutes ago, DaveG1975 said:

It does not show up on my 2019 Focus either. When I downloaded the update to the App it did say that it was not enabled on all cars yet but they would be rolling it out.

27 minutes ago, Mavroz said:

WiFi is on, on both of ours but I am not sure it has to be or not to remote unlock etc. If remote unlock and guard work without being connected to WiFi, I am not sure how they connect to a mobile device without WiFi being turned on and connect via this.. Also not sure if location of vehicle only works when WiFi is turned on or not.

I don't have Wi-Fi turned on but all the the above, except guard have always worked. 

1 hour ago, Tizer said:

It does not show up on my 2019 Focus either. When I downloaded the update to the App it did say that it was not enabled on all cars yet but they would be rolling it out.

I don't have Wi-Fi turned on but all the the above, except guard have always worked. 

Remote unlock enabled on mine, and guard works fully, WiFi is on, because I get those annoying data warning messages each time I switch on ignition so maybe follow those settings and see if it works 😉 

I can unlock my car and start the car but the option for guard mode is not in the app this is the message they sent me 

57C5EFCE-C4C3-4D2B-BF11-2D991FF56B56.png

My car communicate without wifi on with locking and unlocking and starting the engine 

Uses gprs via the in built modem SIM card to communicate.

My guard mode doesn't show either even though I have latest app software and all its settings and modem settings are correct. Just a thought but does anyone have it working ok with Android devices ?

7 hours ago, Chainsawcharlie said:

To be honest I would have thought it obvious wifi has to be enabled....how else could your car communicate with the app

Sorry, should have said sim not wifi.

As if you were 1/2 mile down the toad wifi wouldn't be much use to you I guess 🙂

I have sim and wifi, but I tested without wifi enabled on .y phone and still got alerts and could lock/ unlock car too

I have disabled car wifi but can still get remote unlock, alerts, tyre pressure and all.

13 hours ago, Comares2001 said:

Uses gprs via the in built modem SIM card to communicate.

My guard mode doesn't show either even though I have latest app software and all its settings and modem settings are correct. Just a thought but does anyone have it working ok with Android devices ?

I have a Samsung Galaxy and the Mrs an iPhone. Both run the Ford App fine and the Guard works fine jn both.

2 hours ago, DaveG1975 said:

Did anyone else have to do a modem update to get it to work 

No x 2

• 6 months later...

Has anybody had an issue with the alerts going off for no reason? I have a 2021 Puma and this morning I got about 20 notifications on my app about the doors (every single door one after the other) being unlocked over the space of one minute.My boyfriend, bless him, sprang into action and ran outside almost immediately, to find (luckily - not sure what he would have done ha!) that the car was perfectly fine. I had only set it as I usually put a wheel lock on and had forgotten that evening. I have used it when away before and my car has been at a train station and have never had this issue. Now I’m paranoid it doesn’t work properly or if I am away from home it will say there’s an issue when there’s not! Would love to know if anybody has had the same experience.

Have a new Kuga 2021 , Guard mode worked fine until an update requiring schedules to be set. Set it for all day and set it on when needed. 00:30, notification woke me, checked all ok, set Guard mode to OFF. Guess I’ll wait to Ford sort the app !!!!!!!!

I don't have Guard Mode enabled so can't comment on the latest update, but I have had problems with the App not working correctly before and the fix was to Force Stop it, clear its Cache and Data and restart my phone. You do need to have a note of your sign in details because you have to sign back in again. Uninstalling and reinstalling it will do the same.

I don't know if it is still the same but prior to Guard Mode the App would tell you if the alarm had been triggered anyway, so it makes Guard Mode a bit pointless unless someone has opened your car via central locking. If you want to check if that still works with Guard Mode disabled then open your locked car with the Key Blade and that should trigger the Alarm and a notification in the App.  

12 hours ago, shanklebear said:

Has anybody had an issue with the alerts going off for no reason? I have a 2021 Puma and this morning I got about 20 notifications on my app about the doors (every single door one after the other) being unlocked over the space of one minute.My boyfriend, bless him, sprang into action and ran outside almost immediately, to find (luckily - not sure what he would have done ha!) that the car was perfectly fine. I had only set it as I usually put a wheel lock on and had forgotten that evening. I have used it when away before and my car has been at a train station and have never had this issue. Now I’m paranoid it doesn’t work properly or if I am away from home it will say there’s an issue when there’s not! Would love to know if anybody has had the same experience.

Yes. It's been playing silly beggars for a few days now.

Just been on the app and it seems that Guard mode has been replaced with "Securialerts" which states at the bottom of the page that it may or may not send alerts due to network status or availability or when the vehicle ignition is on.

There is also an option to set a time schedule for what ever reason that would be.

Switched it off for the time being.

Screenshot_20210713-085950_FordPass.jpg

14 hours ago, shanklebear said:

Yes I am getting my alerts upto 12 hours later  so maybe your alerts are legitimate but way too late

Another example of Fords inability to provide decent software.

16 minutes ago, Chainsawcharlie said:

Another example of Fords inability to provide decent software.

Ever since Toys "R" Us closed Ford have struggled to get decent software 🤣