Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Woes

WelshAde

Well a good 7-8 months on i have to admit im falling out of love with the zetec S, infact it will soon be gone.

theres nothing wrong with the looks , its great in that department, its the performance and build quality that im fed up with.

I know that i should expect it to be a rocket car and its limited but im finding it way too sluggish for me now, im struggling to

enjoy my driving and the mpg it totally useless at 31mpg!!

The build quality is terrible, door seals peel off, internal light covers fall off, doors rattle , wing mirror rattles, the parcel shelf vibrates as

its just laying there, im fed up so i 'll be looking for a change soon.

Anyone else fed up and feeling like a change, or am i just miserable git lol

I think you got the bad one of the bunch mate

Cant get things sorted under warranty?

Well a good 7-8 months on i have to admit im falling out of love with the zetec S, infact it will soon be gone.

theres nothing wrong with the looks , its great in that department, its the performance and build quality that im fed up with.

I know that i should expect it to be a rocket car and its limited but im finding it way too sluggish for me now, im struggling to

enjoy my driving and the mpg it totally useless at 31mpg!!

The build quality is terrible, door seals peel off, internal light covers fall off, doors rattle , wing mirror rattles, the parcel shelf vibrates as

its just laying there, im fed up so i 'll be looking for a change soon.

Anyone else fed up and feeling like a change, or am i just miserable git lol

My ZS is nippy (not FAST) I average 43mpg, no issues with build quality at all, no rattles especially not the parcel shelf.

Not doubting anything you've said but want to give a balanced option otherwise it would be easy to read this thread and turn you off the Mk7, especially if your thinking of buying one.

What will you buy instead?

I agree with welshade i love the looks of the car but they do rattle and they are deffo not quick i have given up trying to race away from traffic lights now LOL i thought it was just me i realy thought it would be torquie engine being a 1.6 diesel. but on the plus side this car is saving me an absolute fortune in petrol and road tax so i'm gonna keep it for a while and enjoy the savings im making my last car was a st225 and that was costing me £60 a week in fuel the fiesta is costing £20 and i'm using it alot more than the focus :)

Stevie, compared with the ST225 of course it isn't quick!

120 bhp for a Fiesta isn't bad, I think many forget that, at the end of the day this car is "only " a Fiesta

Stevie, compared with the ST225 of course it isn't quick!

120 bhp for a Fiesta isn't bad, I think many forget that, at the end of the day this car is "only " a Fiesta

Yep i completely agree perhaps i was expecting to much but i purchased the car to save money and it is deffo doing that for me i was at an st meet on sunday and i got loads of positive feedback on the car because of the looks but what gets me because it looks sporty everybody wants to sit on your rear bumper it would be nice to floor it an loose them just now and then LOL :P

this could be my prob too, i came from a driving layoff to the fiesta but my previous was the st225, but this month a friend bought a golf tdi 2.0, tax 120 a year, insurance 250 a year(for me) and when he let me take it for a drive it was much more fun and quicker than the fiesta, also mpg return was 59 mpg!!!!

cost him £15k so i might just get one of these next

I can't blame you to be honest, i may have only had a style but i'm glad i got shot of mine and i'm really enjoying my swift sport.

I still think the fezzi looks cool though lol

* cough cough * Fiesta ST * Cough Cough*

hmmm maybe, at least the combined engine tone and radio noise will drown out all the trim and boot rattles lol

After a week of ownership I realised the build was terrible, Yes its got the looks that's all,except for the drum breaks on the rear (that should have told me it was all pretend sports car) The only thing that justify s mine being called a sports car is the fuel consumption

I'm finding the Fiesta quite nippy still, but agree that the build quality isn't great. Infact, the mark 6.5 seems more 'put together'.

After a week of ownership I realised the build was terrible, Yes its got the looks that's all,except for the drum breaks on the rear (that should have told me it was all pretend sports car) The only thing that justify s mine being called a sports car is the fuel consumption

But it isnt a sports car,What you have bought is B class supermini with fancy seats and trim,did you not realise this before you bought it?

I would have thought any one who did the slightest research would have noticed this?

Given its the best selling car in Europe,there seems to be a dis proportionate number of badly built ones sold to members of this forum.

They sold 68000 in Europe last month,it seems odd they are selling so many if the build really is so bad.

As usual the complainers go on about "its badly built" but give no examples of the problems other that "theres a rattle" ,or do they offer any evidence of the "well built" brand/model of car they are comparing their fiesta against.

New cars (and old cars) have minor rattles,its a fact of life,just get over it and stop whinging!!

Dave

well the wife has gone one of the 58plate corsas and the build quality and trim is much much beter than the fiesta,

But it isnt a sports car,What you have bought is B class supermini with fancy seats and trim,did you not realise this before you bought it?

I would have thought any one who did the slightest research would have noticed this?

Given its the best selling car in Europe,there seems to be a dis proportionate number of badly built ones sold to members of this forum.

They sold 68000 in Europe last month,it seems odd they are selling so many if the build really is so bad.

As usual the complainers go on about "its badly built" but give no examples of the problems other that "theres a rattle" ,or do they offer any evidence of the "well built" brand/model of car they are comparing their fiesta against.

New cars (and old cars) have minor rattles,its a fact of life,just get over it and stop whinging!!

Dave

Helicopter tape peeling, Red on the S badge peeled off, Paint chips more by the day,You might put up with shoddy workmanship but I work to hard to put up with poor quality when I have to give high quality work to earn my money to buy goods, If its not a sports car what is with the name SPORTS? I know its not a Lotus but it has the characteristics of a mini metro. Edited by DanGull
Swearing is not allowed on FOC - even with letters swapped out for other things.

I'm finding the Fiesta quite nippy still, but agree that the build quality isn't great. Infact, the mark 6.5 seems more 'put together'.

When the Mk7 was designed ,to reduce the co2 emissions ford made the car 20kg lighter than the MK6.5 .

Hence there are less screws holding the car together,more items are glued to reduce weight.

Many of the materials and trims are thinner,again to reduce weight.

That could be why the Mk6.5 cabin may feel more solid,nothing to do with build quality,more to do with the quality of materials used.

dave

so a few years down the road, all the glued together bits and bobs will be falling to bits lol

trip to the dealers tomorrow

When the Mk7 was designed ,to reduce the co2 emissions ford made the car 20kg lighter than the MK6.5 .

Hence there are less screws holding the car together,more items are glued to reduce weight.

Many of the materials and trims are thinner,again to reduce weight.

That could be why the Mk6.5 cabin may feel more solid,nothing to do with build quality,more to do with the quality of materials used.

dave

That IS the definition of "build Quality"!.

this could be my prob too, i came from a driving layoff to the fiesta but my previous was the st225, but this month a friend bought a golf tdi 2.0, tax 120 a year, insurance 250 a year(for me) and when he let me take it for a drive it was much more fun and quicker than the fiesta, also mpg return was 59 mpg!!!!

cost him £15k so i might just get one of these next

You mean an ST225 and Golf 2.0 TDI are both quicker than a 1.6 Fiesta? Amazing.

I love the way people buy a 1.6 FIESTA and expect the earth. I too have expectations from my car but for 12k, a ford badge and a fiesta badge, amazingly, I dont expect to own a VW and beat everything away at the lights.

There are always "friday" cars around and different people expect different things.

I owned a 58 plate Zetec 1.4 from new, bought in September 2008, I had nothing of note to complain about, thats after 15 months and 17k miles, now own a 1.6 ZS and again cant complain.

I personally would be never expecting anything too fast from Ford wihtout the ST badge. A diesel is never going to take off at the lights, but keep the revs high while on a B Road, and the 90bhp 1.6TDCI does deliver.

However, I agree with the folk on the thread who have an issue with build quality. It is very poor indeed. I dropped from an Alfa 147 as the reliability was starting to take a financial toll. I am glad I have warranty as the Fiesta has been in for three engine malfunctions, rattling A-Pillar, squeaky clutch pedal, squeaky front suspension and replacement tailgate struts. This is all in 12 months. I am very happy with the MPG and low running costs and will keep the Fiesta for another year or so, but the rattles have turned me off another Ford. In fact, I may well go back to Alfa, as their multijet engines will now offer low running costs, and time will tell on the Guiletta/Mito as to whether relaibility has improved.

You mean an ST225 and Golf 2.0 TDI are both quicker than a 1.6 Fiesta? Amazing.

sussex does humour, clever boy.....

so your happy with the build quality then are you? for the 13 or 14k you might of paid for your fiesta are you honestly happy with the rattles squeeks etc etc that you must have

sussex does humour, clever boy.....

so your happy with the build quality then are you? for the 13 or 14k you might of paid for your fiesta are you honestly happy with the rattles squeeks etc etc that you must have

I have no rattles or squeaks in my ZS. I had 1 on my Zetec which was sorted under warranty and never re-surfaced. and for £12k, I am very happy with my car, as I was with my old 1.4 Zetec. Apart from the dials for the fan/heater which I would like/think should be better quality and the door handles overall I can't complain about the quality at all.

You bought yours new? About 13/14k ish? What new car for the same price will you get this time?

fair enough, if your happy then thats all that counts as its your car and you paid for it and its your pride and joy ;)

i think my zs will be gone within a few weeks as the local dealer has a few young lads on the lookout for one so

it will sell quick enough.

I'm thinking about getting rid of my Zetec-S soon, going for a totally different class of car to the Fiesta(new shape TT or a Boxster S). I still think the Fiesta's the best car in it's class!

Mine isn't perfect, the passenger door rattles, but for what it is it's great! They look lovely, especially in ZS + Street pack guise, and aside from the doors I don't think the build quality's that bad. There's some hard plastics but you get that in all super mini's.

And with regards to power, it's not hugely fast but surely people knew this before they were buying it?! The Ti-Vct engines a good one though (never driven the diesel so can't comment on that), nice and smooth and in all fairness plenty fast enough for a good blast down B roads if you keep it on the boil, combine this with the handling and it makes a fun car, i'll definately miss mine!