Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Edge has gone

Edge of Reason

After almost 4 years of owning my Edge Sport from new, the time for a change came. I’ve traded in the Edge for a new Kuga ST Line X 2.0 Ecoblue 190PS 4WD. 

First impressions are good. It’s not as big clearly, but it’s plenty big enough for my needs and I no longer need to tow. I have the 8 speed auto and it’s quicker and smoother than the Powershift I had in the Edge. 

I was very pleased with the Edge and apart from a few electrical gremlins and condensation in the rear lights, it never missed a beat. Only time will tell if the Kuga will be as good a car. 

• Like 2

My 2019 plate Egde Vignale (All toys except towbar) will be 18 months old at the end of the year and I keep thinking what to replace it with at 2.5 years.

I guess others are having these thoughts to !!

I only replaced my Edge due to them no longer being sold in the UK and I figured with mi e being nearly 4 years old, that depreciation would become a real issue soon.  Through choice I would have had another. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Edge of Reason said:

I only replaced my Edge due to them no longer being sold in the UK and I figured with mi e being nearly 4 years old, that depreciation would become a real issue soon.  Through choice I would have had another. 

That sounds like an excuse for a new car to me. Depreciation curves start off steep and get flatter with age.

Me to wife when I want (rather than need) to change the car:  "It'll start going wrong and cost us money now honestly" 🙂

• Haha 2

Hi All

I am still of the opinion that as Edge's no longer sold in the Uk, that their value will go up over a period of time.

And I still fully intend to keep my Edge, especially now that all warranty issues finally sorted out. Tpms being the last one to be done.

Am I right or am I wrong? Only time will give an honest answer to this question.

Stay safe

Happy motoring

Dave

On 12/29/2020 at 9:47 PM, DavesEdge said:

Hi All

I am still of the opinion that as Edge's no longer sold in the Uk, that their value will go up over a period of time.

And I still fully intend to keep my Edge, especially now that all warranty issues finally sorted out. Tpms being the last one to be done.

Am I right or am I wrong? Only time will give an honest answer to this question.

Stay safe

Happy motoring

Dave

I hope you are right Dave. I'm hoping a few more years as well if reliability stays with it.🤞

hoping to keep mine for a few years yet bought to replace a shogun for towing twin axle and the kuga is not heavy enough love my sport just dont like having to pay so much to change the auto transmission oil and filter 

Strangely the Edge could tow 2 tonnes. The new Kuga can tow 2.2 tonnes.  It does have less horsepower though. My Edge was registered as 210PS (although Ford ETIS showed it as 230). My Kuga is 190. 

46 minutes ago, Edge of Reason said:

Strangely the Edge could tow 2 tonnes. The new Kuga can tow 2.2 tonnes.  It does have less horsepower though. My Edge was registered as 210PS (although Ford ETIS showed it as 230). My Kuga is 190. 

The Kuga is becoming quite a popular tow car due to it's towing capacity. Also has 100kg tow ball limit compared to the lower 90kg on the Edge. Been eyeing up the Kuga as a possible Edge replacement when the time comes. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club