Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel consumption

RoddyL

I have a Kuga 1.5  182ps Automatic AWD. The most i can get in fuel consumption is 26mpg sometimes 23mpg. I have not had a Kuga before,is this all I can expect.

It's never going to be great with auto and AWD a lot depends  on how you drive and road conditions., but I would expect a little more, how long have you had the car? Has it been serviced recently? Has the consumption allways been like this?

I had a 2.0 diesel from 2012 to 2016.  It was AWD but not auto and I got roughly 34-36 mpg on average.

I now have the new model in ST Line X trim with the 2.0 190PS auto and AWD and I’m getting about 38-40 mpg and over 50 on a run. 

On 12/27/2020 at 12:52 PM, pragmatix said:

It's never going to be great with auto and AWD a lot depends  on how you drive and road conditions., but I would expect a little more, how long have you had the car? Has it been serviced recently? Has the consumption allways been like this?

Only had it a couple of months and has been regularly serviced.

We had exactly the same 182 AWD auto and we'd have loved to get as high as 26mpg. It would never go above 24mpg and that was on a steady cruise from Sussex to Devon but would happily drop to 17-18 around town.

Then the engine let go after a year at 4000 miles, and then the replacement enginge let go 4100 miles later so we rejected it and got a 2L diesel.

There is/was a Facebook group for Kuga owners and looking at posts on there, yeah, the 182 AWD Auto is a thirsty one and if you get 26mpg I'd say you can count yourself as the lucky one unfortunately.

I reset my trip on Xmas day. I’ve averaged 48.1 with mostly local miles and one motorway trip. Just bought the car new on 23rd December, so if that’s what I’m going to get long term, I’m absolutely thrilled as I was getting 32 with my Edge Sport. I tend to drive the Kuga in Eco setting, which certainly seems to make a difference. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club