Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus St Cambelt Change?

Priapus

When is the cambelt change due on a 54 plate Focus ST? I'm looking at one with 28k, but not been changed since new.

Also how much should I expect to pay to replace it?

When is the cambelt change due on a 54 plate Focus ST? I'm looking at one with 28k, but not been changed since new.

Also how much should I expect to pay to replace it?

When you say ST and 54 plate together, I'm confused. The ST wasn't around until 05/55 plates onwards, was it? That said, you may refer to the ST170, which would be fine as a 54 plate, as I used to have one with a 54 plate...

I cant comment on the ST, but for my 2006 1.6TDCi the official sercvice period is 125K miles. However, I've heard many suggest that this is way too much and should ideally be between 75K and 100K miles.

You can check if you put your reg into Ford Etis

Click on Vehicle, then put in your reg, then click on Generate a Ford service Schedule.

As for costs, to give you a rough idea, I'm getting mine done next Wed at an independent garage for around £250, and that includes the kit (not just the belt). One Ford dealer I rang quoted £475, and another £280, so its worth shopping around, but I'm guessing you wont need to do it for quite some time yet.

When you say ST and 54 plate together, I'm confused. The ST wasn't around until 05/55 plates onwards, was it? That said, you may refer to the ST170, which would be fine as a 54 plate, as I used to have one with a 54 plate...

ST170 yes.

I cant comment on the ST, but for my 2006 1.6TDCi the official sercvice period is 125K miles. However, I've heard many suggest that this is way too much and should ideally be between 75K and 100K miles.

You can check if you put your reg into Ford Etis

Click on Vehicle, then put in your reg, then click on Generate a Ford Service Schedule.

As for costs, to give you a rough idea, I'm getting mine done next Wed at an independent garage for around £250, and that includes the kit (not just the belt). One Ford dealer I rang quoted £475, and another £280, so its worth shopping around, but I'm guessing you wont need to do it for quite some time yet.

Aha, many thanks, exactly the info I needed.

Camshaft drive belt Every 100 000 miles/10 years - Renew - (Zetec with auto-tensioner) (LTS 21 304 9)

ST170 yes.

Do it no later than 70k for complete ease of mind in my personal opinion. If a 170 goes wrong, it's expensive.

Do it no later than 70k for complete ease of mind in my personal opinion. If a 170 goes wrong, it's expensive.

expensive dealers my 1.8 zetec was qouted 220 for new belt /tensioner and accessory belt parts labour and vat

expensive dealers my 1.8 zetec was qouted 220 for new belt /tensioner and accessory belt parts labour and vat

I think you mis-read my post :D

I think you mis-read my post biggrin.gif

yeah its been a long day you know that when you struggle to spell lolbiggrin.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club