Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto Locking Doors?

jamie_p

Right so I got this new 70 plate fiesta st-line.

As most cars nowadays have auto central locking when moving over a certain speed (5mph ish).

Is there any way to enable this feature cos half of the time I forget to lock my doors when I start driving...

Any help much appreciated. 

4 hours ago, Bobr said:

I never lock my doors when I'm driving.

You haven't been car jacked yet bob 😁 - always lock car when driving there's nutters about!

There is a setting

• Like 1

7 hours ago, st line x 140 driver said:

You haven't been car jacked yet bob 😁 - always lock car when driving there's nutters about!

6'2", 13.5 stone, ex army, ex copper - bring it on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Bobr said:

6'2", 13.5 stone, ex army, ex copper - bring it on.

Lol, but remember what Mark Twain said: "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog"!😀

• Like 1

What sort of rough area do you guys live in?!? Btw the doors never unlock unless you open them from the inside. That includes if you've crashed your car, set you unconscious and is now on fire but because you have auto-locking doors no passers by can open the door to get you out. So you can either risk having your car jacked (unlikely) or crash it and be burned alive (equally unlikely). Still, I know which scenario I'd rather have...

I've not had my hands on a mk8 yet, but if its like every previous focus and fiesta then its a programmable option in Forscan rather than a setting in the car.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Of course the doors unlock in the event of a crash detection, it's been that way for years lol.  Not to mention a passer by could probably break a window in that scenario.

I always keep doors locked myself, have enabled driveaway locking on all the Focus's and Golf's I've had so far...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

I've not had my hands on a mk8 yet, but if its like every previous focus and fiesta then its a programmable option in Forscan rather than a setting in the car.

Yes, I think you're right Luke. My previous (VW group) car had this feature but I've never found anything in the settings menu on the Fiesta. (I think there's another thread on here somewhere that went into quite a lot of detail on this, couldn't find it though!).

Auto locking is programmable via forscan mine activates at 15mph mk7.5 there is also a re trigger function that relocks the car if you stop and somebody gets in or out.

• Like 1

Isn't there a door locking button on the drivers door next to the electric window module ? 

Are we getting that lazy now that we can't press a button 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

My take is always that it should a choice.  I've seen several thefts from queueing cars down the years and it doesn't matter if you're the size of Brian Shaw, the scrotes are gone down the road in a second.

Locking the doors is a habit for me but as so many other things are now automated why not this one?  There are many other driver "aids" I'd happily do without.

unless factory disabled, there should be an option in your cluster menu to enable disable auto locking/unlocking , here in Egypt all mk8 fiestas came with the feature enabled and you can disable it anytime from vehicle settings menu .

I always lock mine just press the button and as for if in an accident as said above don't they unlock if in a crash.

I would like Auto-lock on mine as loads of cars are doing it with auto unlock on a crash.

You can be strong/fit/etc but it only takes some sort of weapon.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

What sort of rough area do you guys live in?!?

You never know Luke.   I used to live in Sneinton, one of the roughest areas of Nottingham, and never had a problem.   Two years ago I moved to Nuthall in Notts, known as a relatively quiet area.   Since then I've had my car stolen and my daughter's was broken into outside my house.   I've been obliged to fit CCTV with floodlights.   I've also had to sort out a group of youths who were constantly hanging about outside the house.   

1 hour ago, Bobr said:

You never know Luke.   I used to live in Sneinton, one of the roughest areas of Nottingham, and never had a problem.   Two years ago I moved to Nuthall in Notts, known as a relatively quiet area.   Since then I've had my car stolen and my daughter's was broken into outside my house.   I've been obliged to fit CCTV with floodlights.   I've also had to sort out a group of youths who were constantly hanging about outside the house.   

Thieving scores never pinch on there own patch. 

• 2 weeks later...

Forscan is your friend here, just enable Autolock in the as built IPC menu, and under the locks tab in vehicle settings there will now be the option to turn auto locking on or off.

Yep, Forscan and a suitable lead program IPC (For Menu) and BCM for funtionality

On 1/1/2021 at 10:16 AM, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Lol, but remember what Mark Twain said: "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog"!😀

I have a saying, Roger, that stood me in good stead policing the streets of Nottingham for 30 years:   'Twice armed is he whose cause is just but thrice armed he who gets his blow in fust.'

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DaveT70 said:

Yep, Forscan and a suitable lead program IPC (For Menu) and BCM for funtionality

Has programming the IPC been fixed in FORScan?  I read quite a lot of posts saying that it was failing part way through.  I changed my wife's Fiesta to auto-lock a couple of weeks ago.  I just changed it in the BCM.

26 minutes ago, Bobr said:

I have a saying, Roger, that stood me in good stead policing the streets of Nottingham for 30 years:   'Twice armed is he whose cause is just but thrice armed he who gets his blow in fust.'

Nice one, Bob!😀

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AlanC2 said:

Has programming the IPC been fixed in FORScan?  I read quite a lot of posts saying that it was failing part way through.  I changed my wife's Fiesta to auto-lock a couple of weeks ago.  I just changed it in the BCM.

Works on the daughter's 2018 OK

Think autolocking has been talked over in a couple of other threads. Again, neither myself or the Mrs lock the doors normally when driving or would want autolock. 

The only time she locks her doors is when she picks me up from the pub in normal times as I usually keep her waiting as strangely i never hear my phone ring or vibrate in my pocket.... oh well..... she forgets after a day or two!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club