Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 bottom of front window has come away

Steven roblin

Can someone help please? 

The plastic bit under the front windscreen has come off the window. 

There's a channel it slots into but every time I push it back it falls down. 

Has anyone ever experienced this and is it an easy fix? 

Thanks in advance. 

IMG_20201231_183740.jpg

IMG_20201231_183809.jpg

Best thing is probably remove the wiper arms, then remove the two end pieces and "plastic bit" completely, then clean the channel on the windscreen and the the mating ridge on the "plastic bit", spray with Silicone and re-assemble.

I take mine off on both the Fiesta and the Fusion annually - just to remove all the leaves that collect and block the heater inlet, so can now do it with my eyes closed.  That what comes of living next to some trees !

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Paulkp said:

Best thing is probably remove the wiper arms, then remove the two end pieces and "plastic bit" completely, then clean the channel on the windscreen and the the mating ridge on the "plastic bit", spray with Silicone and re-assemble.

I take mine off on both the Fiesta and the Fusion annually - just to remove all the leaves that collect and block the heater inlet, so can now do it with my eyes closed.  That what comes of living next to some trees !

That's awesome mate. 

Thank you. 👍 

16 hours ago, FiestaForever said:

Perhaps I should also do this, am getting this issue.
I am however a bit dubious about removing the wiper blades again, as last time this was done the arms were on so tight that the studs broke while trying to remove them. Had to buy a new wiper motor and linkage.😑

Yes, I can understand that - Haynes recommend using a small puller, and that is what I have used to get the arms off.

1 hour ago, Paulkp said:

Yes, I can understand that - Haynes recommend using a small puller, and that is what I have used to get the arms off.

A good soaking in penetrating oil helps (PlusGas etc, not WD40), if they still don't move with leavers, try something like this.

https://www.halfords.com/tools/hand-tools/automotive-tools/laser-wiper-arm-removal-tool-221975.html

2 hours ago, Jim H said:

A good soaking in penetrating oil helps (PlusGas etc, not WD40), if they still don't move with leavers, try something like this.

https://www.halfords.com/tools/hand-tools/automotive-tools/laser-wiper-arm-removal-tool-221975.html

That looks neat, this is the one in my toolbox:

Laser Ball Joint Separator Cup | Halfords UK