Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warning triangle.

RoddyL

Can anyone tell me if a warning triangle is standard on a 2017 Kuga and if so where is it, I have checked in/under the spare wheel compartment and can't find antything or a place whre it would fit

I could be wrong, but I believe Ford don't supply a warning triangle with any of their cars.

I've had a number of Fords over the years and never had one.

Thanks, I am used to VW who do suppy them,strange with laws as they are now

Ford don’t supply them I’m afraid. 

They're a waste of time anyway, not even required by law in the UK (the French love to make money off brits that forget them though).

Every warning triangle I've ever seen is way to small to be noticed. Surely if your car was being so much of an obstruction you'd see the flashing hazard lights rather than some tiny triangle 50 yards behind.

17 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

They're a waste of time anyway, not even required by law in the UK (the French love to make money off brits that forget them though).

Every warning triangle I've ever seen is way to small to be noticed. Surely if your car was being so much of an obstruction you'd see the flashing hazard lights rather than some tiny triangle 50 yards behind.

It’s intended for you to use it around blind bends etc. 

7 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

It’s intended for you to use it around blind bends etc. 

Which is great, but the majority of people either wouldn't see it because they're way to small, or would look at it and go "wtf is that?!?" before turning the corner and going "oh"

You’ve just explained exactly why you use them. Well done. 

• Haha 1

I saw one on a dead straight piece of NSL road a few weeks ago...  Behind a massive orange RAC van with flashing beacons on the roof.  Thought it seemed a little unnecessary there! :laugh: 

You’re probably right, but how many times have you seen a car that when abandoned broken down it had its hazard lights on, but by the time you pass by, the hazard lights have dimmed to pathetic barely visible candles. They are not designed to warn the position of a fluorescent van with multiple flashing beacons, but to warn of a stranded vehicle or its occupants. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Edge of Reason said:

You’re probably right, but how many times have you seen a car that when abandoned broken down it had its hazard lights on, but by the time you pass by, the hazard lights have dimmed to pathetic barely visible candles. They are not designed to warn the position of a fluorescent van with multiple flashing beacons, but to warn of a stranded vehicle or its occupants. 

I wasn't suggesting they were always unnecessary, just in that specific scenario! :smile: 

I did have a perilous breakdown on a blind bend myself a few years ago.  Accelerated out out of a 30 limit into a 60 as I'd done hundreds of times but this time the rear wheel locked solid just as I rounded the first bend and I couldn't go anywhere!  Knowing that every other local was likely to boot round the bend exactly as I had done without any way to warn them was a little unnerving! :unsure: 

Mandatory carrying and use of warning triangles and reflective jackets in many European countries is one of the few of their rules that actually make sense and should have been adopted in the UK years ago.

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I saw one on a dead straight piece of NSL road a few weeks ago...  Behind a massive orange RAC van with flashing beacons on the roof.  Thought it seemed a little unnecessary there! :laugh: 

Maybe the car owner had put it out before the patrol had arrived and they hadn’t removed it.

• Like 1

My mk4 Focus came with a convenient clip mount on the underside of the parcel shelf but no triangle, luckily there's loads of spares at work and the mechanics were generous with one.

I pair it up with a led road flare to ensure it's visible if deployed.

20210103_155713.jpg

2 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

My mk4 Focus came with a convenient clip mount on the underside of the parcel shelf but no triangle, luckily there's loads of spares at work and the mechanics were generous with one.

I pair it up with a led road flare to ensure it's visible if deployed.

20210103_155713.jpg

I've clipped an umbrella in the triangle clamps under the parcel shelf.

I’ll need to get one of those warning umbrellas !

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club