Do Not Sell My Personal Information

[MK 8] ClimAir Wind Deflector Install - Doesn't Fit...

Tom44

Not seen any other topics on this, but this morning i have gone to fit these climair wind deflectors that came direct from ford website, i realise they are long to begin with but either these are the wrong ones or i'm doing something very wrong. If anyone could advice i'd appreciate it.

Installing them the "correct" way putting the mirror side and then the handle side in results in this amount left (image 1) which seems far too much to loose in the bend of the window.

Trying the opposite way, well.. that's never going to work but see (image 3)

(Image 2 is the part numbers on the box, don't know if this means much because the official ford part number on their website is (Part No. 2110130) which doesn't appear on there.

image.thumb.png.511ea92c977367fc2168137ea271d333.png

image.thumb.png.6cb4931141a820751da3177155a3926e.png

image.thumb.png.3a639b9a79a473bbde7a589023182e59.png

Just to be clear I'm putting them inside of the rubber like shown on most Focus & Mk7 Fiesta video's on youtube. Can't find any of the MK8

Hello!

I have the climair deflectors on my mk8 and they are a perfect fit for it. Make sure you did not get the 3-door if your car is a 5 one. Otherwise, you need to bend them slightly when putting them into the window rail, they will then adjust and fit perfectly.

I also had them on my 3-door mk7.5 and the install procedure was the same.

Make sure the end near the mirror fits as it is show on the manual pictures.

EDIT: Make sure the version you are installing is for the mk8 and not the mk7.5 (I don't know the part numbers but you might have luck searching on ford's accesories website)

Cheers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eliterox said:

Otherwise, you need to bend them slightly when putting them into the window rail, they will then adjust and fit perfectly.

I just watched the video in German that was on the QR code on the paper that came with it, it shows them not in the window seal but in front, would you be able to clarify for me, maybe a picture if your car is nearby.

@Eliterox turns out the number in the black box the 1555762 is the ford product code. Rang them up, and this one is for the 2012 model, so they sent out the wrong one, so no wonder it didn't fit. Contacted Ford store, awaiting a response 2110130 is the correct code for Mk8's. Good old Ford 😅

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club