Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New exhaust ?

Ian Lanc

Exhaust on our petrol Fiesta is really bad with rust but it passes the MOT every year, also noticing the exhaust is getting louder, so the baffles are getting shot, been trying to find out an average price for a full system for the car, my problem is that every exhaust place won't give me a price, they tell me to bring it in and then sort me out, I'm not in the market for being conned, just need a price for it fitted, anyone any idea's on the cost ?

You got me thinking there Ian as my Mrs's car (non-Ford) is getting on a bit and I was wondering about exhaust costs in that event. Strangely they all seem to do the same thing, invite you to have an inspection and see what needs doing. Found some prices on this site though, and these seem to cover your year Fiesta:

https://www.mrexhaust.co.uk/exhausts/ford/fiesta/16i-16v-0809--1213_5742.htm

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I was wondering about exhaust costs in that event. Strangely they all seem to do the same thing, invite you to have an inspection and see what needs doing. 

This is why I'm being cautious, my late mam went into Kwik-Fit only to get a quote like, be about 1995, they told her to bring the car in and then they put it up on the ramp to see what's up, unbeknown to my mam whilst she sat in the waiting room, they'd already taken her full exhaust OFF, chap behind the counter told her the cost was £700 fitted, my mam told him she can't afford that price, so got up to go and will look elsewhere, that's when he dropped the bombshell that her old exhaust was OFF and was not possible to refit as it was sawn off, my mam being elderly gave in and had the exhaust fitted, she had to use some of her savings to pay for it.

I didn't find out about what had gone off for 3 months, I hit the friggin roof, I found her an exhaust fitter and could have got it done for £150, same exhaust too.

• Like 1

Hi, sorry to jump in but I put a post on earlier and cant find it. I'm after some help with stereo upgrade

• Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Ian Lanc said:

This is why I'm being cautious, my late mam went into Kwik-Fit only to get a quote like, be about 1995, they told her to bring the car in and then they put it up on the ramp to see what's up, unbeknown to my mam whilst she sat in the waiting room, they'd already taken her full exhaust OFF, chap behind the counter told her the cost was £700 fitted, my mam told him she can't afford that price, so got up to go and will look elsewhere, that's when he dropped the bombshell that her old exhaust was OFF and was not possible to refit as it was sawn off, my mam being elderly gave in and had the exhaust fitted, she had to use some of her savings to pay for it.

I didn't find out about what had gone off for 3 months, I hit the friggin roof, I found her an exhaust fitter and could have got it done for £150, same exhaust too.

I once had an exhaust fitted by Kwik Fit on a Volvo the day before I went on holiday.   On the way up to the Dales it fell off twice and had to be refitted.   In the end I went into a Volvo dealer and had them take it off and fit a proper exhaust.   Returned it to Kwik Fit on my return.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Bobr said:

I once had an exhaust fitted by Kwik Fit on a Volvo the day before I went on holiday.   On the way up to the Dales it fell off twice and had to be refitted.   In the end I went into a Volvo dealer and had them take it off and fit a proper exhaust.   Returned it to Kwik Fit on my return.

You CAN get better than a Kwik-Fit fitter!!

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Jim H said:

You CAN get better than a Kwik-Fit fitter!!

In my experience, you can't get worse.

• Like 2

My alloys on my mercedes never been the same after getting tyres fitted by kwik-fit - damaged lacquer on edge. saved £50 per tyre caused £100 damage per wheel!

12 hours ago, st line x 140 driver said:

My alloys on my mercedes never been the same after getting tyres fitted by kwik-fit - damaged lacquer on edge. saved £50 per tyre caused £100 damage per wheel!

Did you go back and put a claim in ?

A few years ago I was having a tyre changed at National Tyres and at the side of our car was a lovely Porsche 911, rear tyres being renewed like, I looked at the tyre fitter who was using a big flat steel bar to get the tyre over the rim, tyre went over the rim with a horrible scraping noise, overheard two tyre fitters say he'd damaged the lip on one of the rims, one tyre fitter said...''cover it with muck'' 😞  I had a walk around the place asking who's the 911 was, nearly gave up asking, but then spotted a bloke sat on a wall having a smoke, went over to him and asked if he owned the 911, he said yes, I then told him about his wheel being damaged, he hit the roof and the damage was very clear, the tyre fitters said the damage was already there!! I then stepped in and told him I'd witnessed you damage the wheel, 911 owner asked to see the manager who was strangely sticking up for the tyre fitter, saying he is fully trained up blah blah blah and there's no way he's caused the damage, eventually the tyre fitter caved in and admitted he'd done the damage, 911 owner put a claim in for a brand new wheel, no idea what the outcome was like as I'd left.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rabbit1980 said:

Hi, sorry to jump in but I put a post on earlier and cant find it. I'm after some help with stereo upgrade

If you search your name you'll find your posts 🙂 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club