Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Shark or Dyson?

TomsFocus

Shark or Dyson?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Shark or Dyson?

• Shark
    • Dyson

What's best these days?

Needs to be upright, lightweight, corded and have car type attachments. 

£200 max - both Dyson and Shark have decent deals on currently.

We have a shark, came with loads of attachments for cleaning the car as well. 

We have had no problems with it.

• Like 1

Neither of the above. 
Have a look at G-Tech and their small uprights. 
I have a G-Tech and it's brilliant. It's lightweight, can be used as an upright for normal vacuuming or can be split down into a handheld for smaller jobs. Mine came with a small nozzle adaptor (for tight areas such as between seats in a car or for edges), a sofa/curtain attachment and one of those circular things with the brushes on. 
£200 I paid for it and their customer service was excellent when I contacted them about the damaged sofa attachment. They sent me a replacement free and let me keep the old one. 

• Like 1

I cant offer a comparison on the corded ones, but we had around 4 or 5 Dyson V8's that got replaced with the cordless Sharks after a year or so. The Dysons were good to start with, but the filter was easy to clog and the batteries all went knackered. The sharks offer better suction (they have an anti-hair wrap head) and have lasted over 3 years so far.

I believe shark comes with 5 year warranty too.

• Like 1

@Nick Y  Which model do you have?  I thought they only did the AirRam or the handheld separately?  My Nan has an AirRam which is fine for floors but nothing else.  I like to hoover off flat surfaces (glass TV stand especially!) otherwise the dust just settles again immediately lol.  

Shark is looking like the best contender at the moment.  Hair wrap technology sounds ideal for someone thinning and receding as quickly as I am! :laugh:

https://sharkvacuum.co.uk/?promoproduct=NZ801UKT&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=CjwKCAiAouD_BRBIEiwALhJH6BxHJDdkc5cFtvB-wiOnKUFfUPRGaWD3eUsjNaVF1YRNbUH3pNxysxoC24sQAvD_BwE#NZ801UKCAR

Looks like the 'car kit' has even been specifically designed for Ford vents! :biggrin:

https://sharkclean.co.uk/product/car-detail-kit-zidXHMCR380EUK

I have one similar to this Tom. It is cordless though but the battery lasts long enough to clean out the car or do several rooms. 
https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8067502?clickSR=slp:term:gtech:7:9:1

That one is actually better than mine. Mine doesn't have different cleaning modes. 
Mine is bagless so this one is different. 

• Thanks 1

I've made the choice today.  Wanted bagless and corded so the GTech didn't fit the bill, though nothing against them as Nan's AirRam suits her fine.

Lightweight was the main thing and it turned out the lift-away Sharks are heavier than my current Henry!

So I've compromised on dust capacity but gone for a corded Shark stick Vac.  It's an HZ500UK.  Out of stock everywhere now (due to offers) so hopefully it's decent! :smile:

Maybe this will be the start of a more decisive Tom...and then again maybe not. :laugh:

• Like 1

Shark looks good but even Dyson with their cordless vacuums. Never tried them but parents have a Dyson but the older cord style

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club