Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smax 2016 rear parking camera and sat nav update

Maymod40

Hello everyone

I have bought myself a Ford SMax titanium on a 2016 model.

I wish to fit a camera for parking. I have seen this in another car similar to mine. It had the parking lines when the vechile was put into reverse. What I wish to know is can I have this in my vehicle? Can this be installed to the radio unit that currently exists?

Is their any idea what it will cost? For the parts and work done.

I do not want a separate screen or some add-on.

The other part of my question is, how do I update the satellite  navigation  as it has taken me to 2 wrong places. It also does not have a few new streets from 2019.

Thank You For Any Help & Reading My Message.

There are many places that will retro-fit a reversing camera to your S-Max. I have had this done to mine (2018 Titanium) and it cost about £600 and uses the standard screen. All the parking sensors are still working audibly and visually. I have  the Sync3 system with the big screen fitted to my vehicle, not sure if yours is Sync3 or not. Updating maps is easy, put your vehicle VIN into the Ford Sync update site and it will let you know if there are updates available and also how to install them.

https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/sync-bluetooth/update#/

• Thanks 1

How do I know what is in the car now??? I am sure it is the original head unit.

I am not sure what sync3 is but I looked online, found a camera for £400 not fitted. I have some experience in installing third party cameras.

Sorry I forget to add i think my unit is a sync 2 because of the model of the car. It is a 2016 model and 2017 and higher has the sync 3.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club