Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta ecoboost 1.0 100ps ECU

JymzCarz

Hey guys probably a stupid question but as far as I'm aware all the MK7 ecoboost engines are the same with different tunes on their ECUs. I'm also thinking of the safest ways to make a decent amount of power and keep reliability of the car. In which I was thinking is it possible to remove the 100ps ECU and install a 140ps ECU instead?

all the MK7 ecoboost engines are the same with different tunes on their ECUs

Is that true?

I'm not saying it isnt or arguing against it, just a little surprised that there arent some other differences.  If it is true, is that also the same for the Focus?

30 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Wait...  I thought Bluefin liquidated last year? :unsure:

Also just checked the 155ps MHEV, assuming them to be at the safe limit for a 1.0 but apparently not!  No Bluefin but they offer a Superchips map for them, 167bhp and 247Nm torque...  😮 

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Wait...  I thought Bluefin liquidated last year? :unsure:

Certainly went into administration around last April I think. Still seem to be trading though - I have an idea I saw an article somewhere about the business being sold or refinanced, but as usual can't find something when you want it!😀

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Also just checked the 155ps MHEV, assuming them to be at the safe limit for a 1.0 but apparently not!  

I seem to recall when the 1.0 was first launched Ford doing a prototype around 180 ps and there being speculation that this might be used in a production version. Pumaspeed offer over 200ps and at least one member on here is running this iirc.

No idea whether the revised version used in the MHEV is more or less able to handle big increases compared to the original.

(You're not thinking of tuning your new car before you even get it, are you?!😀)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

(You're not thinking of tuning your new car before you even get it, are you?!😀)

Haha no, just curious! :laugh:

No I was just asking if it was anyway possible to install a 140ps ECU to my Fiesta and remove the 100ps ECU. If it were possible I'd get the ECU first then tune it after a few other modifications to the engine to be sure it can take the power

The 100 HP version of the 1.0 ECOboost is technically not identical to the 125 HP and 140 HP versions.

The 100 HP version has a different turbocharger but the biggest difference is a different cilinder head.

1 hour ago, JW1982 said:

The 100 HP version of the 1.0 ECOboost is technically not identical to the 125 HP and 140 HP versions.

The 100 HP version has a different turbocharger but the biggest difference is a different cilinder head.

specifically different exhaust valves, different material, hollow from inside and are sodium filled to sustain increased exhaust temperature, while the 100ps has normal exhaust valves, the 140ps version has different cylinder head gasket as well 🙂 

1 hour ago, JW1982 said:

Different insurance rates too.

Hi.

If you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan. 

you will not beable to just swap your ECU with one from another car as they are coded to the vehicle imobiliser etc.

I have a 1.0 123Bhp that I Re mapped to 150 with Bluefin at 2000miles then at around 48000miles went with Pumaspeed stage 3 which makes about 180 ish I love the way the engine responds it now has plenty of torque and doesnt run out of steam after 4000 rpm like it did when on the Bluefin map. Only downside is the cost as you'll need a bigger intercooler all the pipework full exhaust and hybrid turbo. Car is over 61000 miles now and not had any issues with reliability.

I believe the 140 has different gear ratios as well

In a Mk7.5 the 100 and the 125 are identical engines/boxes EXCEPT for the turbo. Variable turbo on 125, fixed on 100.

The 140 has the same turbo as the 125 but a different cylinder head and gearbox final drive ratio.

The best way to get the most out of a 100 in a 7.5 is to remap, you will get about 130+ if you want any more then you will need to change the turbo. Please bear in mind the gearbox is weak and cannot really cope with much more than 200 NM of torque, 140 gearboxes fail quite often if ragged, especially in 1st gear 

On a MK8 all three engines are the same, it's just a map difference.

If you look at the bluefin graphs for a MK8 they all give the same increase, 100 being the most (about 150BHP)

On 1/13/2021 at 10:13 AM, DaveT70 said:

In a Mk7.5 the 100 and the 125 are identical engines/boxes EXCEPT for the turbo. Variable turbo on 125, fixed on 100.

The 140 has the same turbo as the 125 but a different cylinder head and gearbox final drive ratio.

The best way to get the most out of a 100 in a 7.5 is to remap, you will get about 130+ if you want any more then you will need to change the turbo. Please bear in mind the gearbox is weak and cannot really cope with much more than 200 NM of torque, 140 gearboxes fail quite often if ragged, especially in 1st gear 

On a MK8 all three engines are the same, it's just a map difference.

If you look at the bluefin graphs for a MK8 they all give the same increase, 100 being the most (about 150BHP)

The turbo on the 125Hp is not variable. The exhaust turbine is made from a different material than the one fitted to the 100Hp engine to cope with the extra heat although the housings tend to crack when re mapped rather than anything going on with the turbine.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club