Do Not Sell My Personal Information

EAC fail

fullwavebridge

2005 1.4tdci JU

On way to work yesterday - lost the will to accelerate, eac fail appeared.

Pulled over turned everything off, removing key - waited for a few min restarted and continued 20 miles to work without any issues.

leaving work, it re-occured 3 or 4 times but limped home.

See plenty of info online regarding throttle body, wiring, connectors,  pedal etc to look at and diagnose.

However i noticed last week alternator is also on way out (after monitoring voltage) - is it possible alternator voltage fluctuation can cause eac to appear ?

Note, probably a coincidence... i had cam belt + idler etc, and aux belt replaced last month.

• 1 month later...

Update on this one, EAC fail appearing was due to alternator control cables being rotten and corroded - battery voltage 11.4v, replaced the 3 pin connector and rewired got rid of the message with alternator now running at 14.5v,  however car still in limp mode which was the MAF sensor at fault.

No fault codes appeared on the obd scanner, but it is an old one which is due to be replaced with a better / modern one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Trev, I do like the way that you post solutions to any of your problems

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club