Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Dash Cameras Specific

Maymod40

Hope You Are All Well.

I have been researching online about getting a dash camera. Unfortunately I have been involved in a accident.

What I want to know specifically is.

Is their such a dash camera that has the camera built in to the mount with the memory card built in and the screen separate. That way I can pull the screen off and if I forget to put the screen on the mount/camera as it will still record. It would be better if the pull off screen would be magnetic and not a wires.

I get the feeling I would pull the camera with screen off and probably not put it on when I really need it.

Why are you removing it anyway, for security?

You can get a camera without a screen, like a BlackVue or one similar to that. You use your smart phone as the screen\viewfinder.

• Thanks 1

Yes I seen the blackvue ones they are very expensive. I would actually break into someone's car just to take that.

I want to take the screen off... lets say if someone saw the dash camera, they would just not bother breaking in to take the whole thing and sell it somewhere. Stealing the camera is not thenmain problem the damage is.

I'm not aware of any that have a detachable screen, that's not to say they don't exist of course. 

The other option you might find acceptable is one of these 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07TTNG76M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_t1_sqJ.Fb8JB35M0

• Thanks 1

I would want something like the blackvue but alittle more compact at 1080p.

I got a mirror android one and it gets obstructed vision with the middle mirrors casing with the sensors in.

I knid of want one dicreet as possiable.

Might find more info HERE

I have a Mini 0906 and you can barely see it from outside the car. I have it mounted in the shaded area of the windscreen (but lens looks through non shaded glass) to the left of the rear view mirror (to mostly clear the mirror casing).

• Thanks 1

I got a viofo. Not sure of the model but it is good. Been using the footage I've gotten of bad drivers and reporting it to the police and they've been taking action on it.

Only thing I'll say is in night driving it's a little hard for it to pick up number plates.

Screenshot_20210114-153352.png

• Thanks 1

The wedge type ones are the most discreet, they just look like a rain sensor etc.

2 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

The wedge type ones are the most discreet, they just look like a rain sensor etc.

Agreed, I have a Viofo A129 Duo and you can't see it from outside the car. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yes another one with the Viofo A119V3 in front and back and can't fault it,been through the V1/V2 and had them for years.

Go onto YouTube and compare them as they put the Viofo up against the top £300 plus ones and they are way much better and £200 cheaper.

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes it might be beneficial for it to be seen, as some users set them up with backup battery to record on movement, this might just prevent anyone from lurking around your car or I guess could go the other way where they break in to remove the evidence.

I have a nextbase one with a screen, and parked in all sorts of bad places even Salford (Pits of the earth) and not had any worries.

Me too.

I have fitted a Nextbase (with a screen) and never had any break in problems.

When I park up at work in a real dodgy area of Birmingham I am constantly pleased to see everything intact when returning.

it's been 4 years now.

I have noticed a few of my colleagues have fitted dash cams also and they still have them as well!

There have been broken car windows around but it has usually been because the driver has left something desirable on view on the seat.

ScaniaPBman.

P. S. I go to and from work at unsociable times of the day and night and frequently my camera records interesting events. Being overtaken at high speeds in the 30 limit is common, also running red lights, being overtaken on a blind corner, I could go on and on.

• Thanks 1

I settled for a garmin mini.... the quality is fine but the parking mode damages the actual device, so i don't ont use it on that mode.

It pretty discreet as I put it out of the way much as possiable. In any case it seems to work well and it was fitted by Halfords. Unfortunately my street is a dead end one and to many Eastern Europeans pay a visit. So it's a bit of a problem at times.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a Road hawk HD {no screen} for a number of years now & I bought a Next base { with screen} in my last year of HGV driving.. I ran the Road Hawk on the windscreen & the Next base on the back window. Now I've changed the car not had them put back in yet I just wondering which way found to put them any ideas please.

1 hour ago, colbee53 said:

I've had a Road hawk HD {no screen} for a number of years now & I bought a Next base { with screen} in my last year of HGV driving.. I ran the Road Hawk on the windscreen & the Next base on the back window. Now I've changed the car not had them put back in yet I just wondering which way found to put them any ideas please.

Well you want the the best one at the front thats easy to pull footage off. The back dont really matter as much. You could buy a next base rear cam.

I would put the Next base in the front and buy a rear Next base cam. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club