Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vignale v Titanium X

Paul9619

Anyone got any experience with both the Vignale and TX in estate format?

I am happy with the differences in the options that can be added to the TX.

I am more interested in the things that cannot be added like styling etc. What are the main differences in this sense?

Vignale seems to have more premium stitched interior and also the external twin pipes look better. Anything else worth noting?

The ST style twin pipes, only one is an exhaust. But as you say they look better. 
The extras you can add to the TX are as standard on vignale. 
The Vignale will have full leather interior. Nice. I think the TX will also have it. My STX is half leather interior, better than no leather but not by much. Stitching is nice though. 
Most Estate models have multi link suspension. 

Titanium X Std Spec:

Htd Seats & St. Wheel

Power Fold Mirrors

LED (Fixed) Headlamps

Halogen (appallingly bad) Frt Fogs

1/2 Leather seats

17" alloys

Chrome Grille

No bodykit

Privacy Glass

Vignale over TIT X Std

Head Up Display - Optional on TIT X

Full Leather

B&O - Optional on TIT X

Convenience Pack - Auto Park, RR Camera, Plastic things on doors that fall off - Optional on TIT X

18" alloys

Body Colour Skirts

Unique Frt & RR Bumper & Grille

LED Frt Fogs

Adaptive LED Headlamps - Optional on TIT X

Options on both:

Driver's Assistance Pack - Adaptive CC, Auto High Beam, Traffic sign recog (Speed sign std)

Blind Spot Monitoring

Glass Roof

• Like 2

The specs are slightly different now to the older ones so you'd have to check before purchase.  The new ones have 'Edition' tagged onto the trim level.

As you're looking for a used one the TX won't have LED headlights or heated steering wheel.  The halogen headlights are crap tbh, and look ridiculous alongside the LED DRLs.  TX's only have half leathers, which are comfortable in fairness but are miles away from the full leathers in the Vignale in terms of aesthetics...  Maybe I'm mad but I like to look at a full leather passenger seat... :laugh:  Full leather is also wipe clean, which makes it much more practical than cloth centres.

Personally I find the Vignale body kit does make a big impact - I hate the chrome slat grill on the TX, black ripple on the Vignale is much nicer, and as you say, it has a different rear bumper with twin trapezoidal tail pipes, side skirts and chrome trim lines along the body, as well as the air of superiority that the Vignale gives the driver. :biggrin: 

Also worth noting that Vignales get independent rear suspension regardless of engine, TX only gets a steel gurder welded between the rears from 2019 onwards, plus small engined models before that.

Th only reason I chose a TX over a Vignale myself was the 18" wheels with low profile tyres, I hoped the 17s on the TX would give a smoother ride.

• Like 2

Leather is overrated IMO.  Sticky hot in summer, ice cold in winter.  

1 minute ago, Guy Heaton said:

Each to their own...I don't drive naked in summer and have heated seats for winter! :wink: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

41 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

The specs are slightly different now to the older ones so you'd have to check before purchase.  The new ones have 'Edition' tagged onto the trim level.

Yes, forgot about that.

I was quoting 21 MY.

No LED Headlamps or Htd Steering wheel on TIT-X Prior to 21MY

Fixed LED Headlamps ILO Adaptive on Vignale prior to 21MY

• Like 2

I looked at the Vig, the TX and eventually got an Auto ST-Line X with the 1.5 petrol. I really liked the Vig interior but wasn't too fussed about the blingyness of the wheels and extra chrome trim. The Vig I wanted was sold by the time I called for it, I discounted the TX much preferring the ST-Line X styling over it. I got mine from Ford direct, it had every option bar the electric tailgate and a goodly discount over new. The Adaptive LED headlights are a thing of wonder. I really like the half-leather seats in the STX they're firm but comfy, I also liked the full leather in the Vig, very stylish and comfy.

• Like 2

I was torn between the Vignale estate and the TX estate but I put a deposit on a 2.0 TDI 2018 TX estate today. Hopefully can collect at the weekend. It’s in chrome blue with 11k miles on the clock. The equivalent Vignale was £2k more and I was not sold on the Dark Mulberry colour. 

It came fully loaded with extras.

Panoramic Sunroof, Driver Assistance pack (auto high beam, traffic sign recognition and adaptive cruise control), Convenience Pack (rear camera and park assist), Heated steering wheel, Power tailgate, HUD, B&O sound upgrade, Wireless Charging Pad and full LED headlights

So it’s actually got more tech than a standard Vignale but obviously not the visual upgrades. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Frowma said:

I looked at the Vig, the TX and eventually got an Auto ST-Line X with the 1.5 petrol. I really liked the Vig interior but wasn't too fussed about the blingyness of the wheels and extra chrome trim. The Vig I wanted was sold by the time I called for it, I discounted the TX much preferring the ST-Line X styling over it. I got mine from Ford direct, it had every option bar the electric tailgate and a goodly discount over new. The Adaptive LED headlights are a thing of wonder. I really like the half-leather seats in the STX they're firm but comfy, I also liked the full leather in the Vig, very stylish and comfy.

ST line X does look nice. I just couldn’t find one with all the extras I wanted for comparison. I am also getting on a bit now so probably benefit from the smaller wheels and softer suspension 😂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

Totally agree. I think half leather is a good compromise. Although I am not sure what the seat cooling/heating is like these days on full leather. Must help a bit. 

12 hours ago, Paul9619 said:

I was torn between the Vignale estate and the TX estate but I put a deposit on a 2.0 TDI 2018 TX estate today. Hopefully can collect at the weekend. It’s in chrome blue with 11k miles on the clock. The equivalent Vignale was £2k more and I was not sold on the Dark Mulberry colour. 

TDCI over here Paul, you're not on a VAG forum any more! :wink: 

Sounds like a decent spec though - have to wonder who bought it new over a Vignale as it probably cost more!! :unsure:  I can never work out if I like the dark mulberry (or black rubin on VWs) or not...I see it online and think it looks nice...but then see one in Tesco car park and am not a fan!!  Anyway, at least you've gone for one of the nicer modern Ford colours, wanted Chrome Blue myself!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Each to their own...I don't drive naked in summer and have heated seats for winter! :wink: 

Does this mean you do drive naked in winter?😀

• Haha 3

It may well have been a company car for a Ford employee. I know my STLX was a Ford employees car, probably so they could reach the sales numbers for the 1/4, it's a 19 plate and was registered the day before 69 plates came out 🙄 The first owner / user did spec it up as much as possible, your Titanium could probably have been the same. I checked on the build a Ford page and the RRP was a smidge over £34k with all the options 😨

Chrome blue is a lovely colour, perhaps I'm being biased as that is what mine is!Focus.thumb.jpg.3e2620381b6b1aa1a7f5f27611902a4c.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

TDCI over here Paul, you're not on a VAG forum any more! :wink: 

Sounds like a decent spec though - have to wonder who bought it new over a Vignale as it probably cost more!! :unsure:  I can never work out if I like the dark mulberry (or black rubin on VWs) or not...I see it online and think it looks nice...but then see one in Tesco car park and am not a fan!!  Anyway, at least you've gone for one of the nicer modern Ford colours, wanted Chrome Blue myself!

Thanks I’ll remember the TDCI bit 😂

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Frowma said:

It may well have been a company car for a Ford employee. I know my STLX was a Ford employees car, probably so they could reach the sales numbers for the 1/4, it's a 19 plate and was registered the day before 69 plates came out 🙄 The first owner / user did spec it up as much as possible, your Titanium could probably have been the same. I checked on the build a Ford page and the RRP was a smidge over £34k with all the options 😨

Chrome blue is a lovely colour, perhaps I'm being biased as that is what mine is!Focus.thumb.jpg.3e2620381b6b1aa1a7f5f27611902a4c.jpg

Yes it does look nice and the one I have put a deposit on was definitely Ford management beforehand. 

Part of me is still got a niggly feeling about getting a Diesel over a Petrol. I do 320 miles a week to commute to work (160 miles each way) and I have heard diesels are less reliable but I think I will stick with it  

1 minute ago, Paul9619 said:

Part of me is still got a niggly feeling about getting a Diesel over a Petrol. I do 320 miles a week to commute to work (160 miles each way) and I have heard diesels are less reliable but I think I will stick with it  

You'll be glad of the Diesel with that journey, my petrol (1.5 182) struggles to get 40mpg on a motorway run and now that we're in lockdown I'm only doing short local runs it is barely hitting 37. Pretty sure the Diesel will get you at least 50ish.

• Like 1

Guessing that's 30 miles of motorway to work and back 5 days a week?  You'll be absolutely fine with a diesel doing that.  It's short drives and town traffic that they hate, I'm having to go petrol myself this time.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Guessing that's 30 miles of motorway to work and back 5 days a week?  You'll be absolutely fine with a diesel doing that.  It's short drives and town traffic that they hate, I'm having to go petrol myself this time.

It’s not actually. It is 160 miles each way. I then stay away for the week and come back for weekends so it’s two longer journeys a week. Probably suits the diesel. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paul9619 said:

It’s not actually. It is 160 miles each way. I then stay away for the week and come back for weekends so it’s two longer journeys a week. Probably suits the diesel. 

Ahh I see, thought it seemed an odd way to phrase mileage!  As long as you're not doing loads of stop-start town driving during the week there it'll be absolutely fine, you're probably one of the few people who modern diesels still suit!

• Like 2

People often talk about diesels being unreliable but of all the engines in cars I've had diesels were the most reliable.  Just look after them, service them properly.

• Like 3

Diesels used to be reliable.  Back in my Peugeot days the 2.0 HDI (base of the current 2.0 TDCI) was absolutely bulletproof.  Fixed turbo so no sticky vanes, no intercooler so less places for boost leaks, vac operated EGR that could be blanked if it started leaking, simple cat without a DPF, no swirlflaps, no piezo injectors, no DMF, no second cam.  The only thing that ever went wrong with the engine was the £20 crank pulley collapsing around 10 years old which would usually take out the cambelt as well and snap a rocker arm.

But once you add VNT turbos and DPFs; and over-work the EGR to get NOx levels to an acceptable level they start to become unsuitable for most people.  Mk4 Focus also comes with Ad Blu which may or not cause problems in future.

I still like the way diesels drive, but they're just not suitable for anyone other than long distance motorway munchers now.

I'm on my 4th diesel Focus atm and other than a replacement battery ( Mk 4)  which was due to the car being stood for 3 to 4 weeks at the start of the first wave and servicing then you shouldn't have any issues regarding reliability.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Frowma said:

You'll be glad of the Diesel with that journey, my petrol (1.5 182) struggles to get 40mpg on a motorway run and now that we're in lockdown I'm only doing short local runs it is barely hitting 37. Pretty sure the Diesel will get you at least 50ish.

Depends what kind of roads you use but if that 160 miles is mostly free flowing motorway and you don't get carried away when it opens up then you will get good mileage with this one.   I am getting 60 - 65 mpg with my 2ltr diesel, mainly on A roads and motorway.  My Mk2 gave better, especially after it loosened up but I think some of that is my driving style has changed along with more power being available to the right foot.

• Like 4

On 1/15/2021 at 1:46 PM, Guy Heaton said:

People often talk about diesels being unreliable but of all the engines in cars I've had diesels were the most reliable.  Just look after them, service them properly.

Yup, my wife's (58 plate) MK2.5 1.8 Duratec has not been 100% since I purchased it 3.5 years ago.  Where as my (05 plate) MK2 1.8 TDCi is still on it's original clutch, DMF, turbo, injectors etc.  To be fair it does run a LOT better since I had recently had the MAP, PCV valve, PCV hose and EGR replaced. 😁

(One day, one of the big ticket items WILL fail and it'll be off to the great scrapheap in the sky)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club