Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bleeding 2014 1.6tdci fiesta coolant system

LCR1993

Hi all,

Had oil cooler failure i think on my fiesta so i changed the oil cooler, radiator, thermostat and expansion tank as they were all gunked with oil.

ran coolant flush a few times

Now ive refilled the system to max line and left it to run for 45 minutes with expansion cap off and it reached 3 bar on temp gauage, eventually, but wouldnt reach full temp (4 bar i think is normal?) to allow the thermostat to open up.

Gave up and took it a quick run with tank cap fitted, it went up to 4 bars, came back to house and it dropped to 3 again.

im guessing the system has alot of air in it but im struggling now.

Im getting heat through vents

any suggestions?

thanks

11 hours ago, LCR1993 said:

Hi all,

Had oil cooler failure i think on my fiesta so i changed the oil cooler, radiator, thermostat and expansion tank as they were all gunked with oil.

ran coolant flush a few times

Now ive refilled the system to max line and left it to run for 45 minutes with expansion cap off and it reached 3 bar on temp gauage, eventually, but wouldnt reach full temp (4 bar i think is normal?) to allow the thermostat to open up.

Gave up and took it a quick run with tank cap fitted, it went up to 4 bars, came back to house and it dropped to 3 again.

im guessing the system has alot of air in it but im struggling now.

Im getting heat through vents

any suggestions?

thanks

Is the coolant being pushed out of the header tank/ or is any water leaking out of the cooing system since the repair ? There will be a pressure relief valve on the cap of the header tank if you get excess pressure in the system. The thermostat works with water temperature , from your description of the vehicles heater working seems like the thermostat is opening ok . If you leave the vehicle’s eng running standing will the cooling fan cut in an out ?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club