Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best & quickest way to digitally remove car number plate from photo?

StephenFord

When posting a photo of my car, I always digitally remove my number plate by using the 'clone' function, which is fine but time consuming. Also, if it is orientated flat on to screen you can superimpose a white rectangle over it. But if orientated at an angle, this isn't a great solution.

Is there a better way to digitally remove the number? An app/program I don't know about?

On a computer I just use a photo editing program, use the Colour pick tool to match white/yellow and then use a brush to colour over the digits. Not massively time consuming but not quick either. 

I find it harder to do on a phone where the photo apps are a bit limited (well, the apps I have). I'm sure someone will have an easier option.

• Like 1

I simply use M$ Paint. Use dropper to pick colour, then draw shape around it and fill with colour.

You didn't say what system you use, so have no idea what to use on Apple or Android.

3 minutes ago, Jim H said:

You didn't say what system you use, so have no idea what to use on Apple or Android.

Apple?? God, I just felt a little sick in my mouth LOL Windows & Android me, wouldn't touch a 'fruit' product if I got it free! May try MS Paint next time, thanks... Also the paintbrush option I have in my 'FastStone' program suggested by previous poster.

I too don't want Apple, although I've never tried it so don't know if I like it or not. I would use a Raspberry (pie), and can remember Apricot computers. There is of course Linux for Geeks, and which most of the Internet servers run on. I have a feeling Android is a form of Linux. My Father uses Ubuntu on his old Dell Laptop.

As for Photo editing I use the well established (and free) GIMP. I don't want to pay for Photoshop/lightroom. For simple editing, cropping, basic colour adjustments, etc, I use the default Windows photo editor.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club