Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 2021 Digital Dash

daverob

Hi

Just took delivery of my new ST Line X 1.0 125 mHev. This has the digital dash. I'm a little annoyed that the only way to get the red dials is by selecting sport mode but this doesn't survive a "key" cycle. It goes back to normal. I understand that normal is the standard drive mode but it would be good to set the dial colour independently of the drive mode. The blue doesn't go with the interior and the red dials are more legible IMHO. Is there any way to make the dial change stick?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, daverob said:

Hi

Just took delivery of my new ST Line X 1.0 125 mHev. This has the digital dash. I'm a little annoyed that the only way to get the red dials is by selecting sport mode but this doesn't survive a "key" cycle. It goes back to normal. I understand that normal is the standard drive mode but it would be good to set the dial colour independently of the drive mode. The blue doesn't go with the interior and the red dials are more legible IMHO. Is there any way to make the dial change stick?

I don't think I've ever heard a more 1st world problem. Welcome to the forum buddy...

• Haha 5

😂 Indeed. First world problems. Thanks for the welcome

• Like 2

Hi David. Can't comment specifically on the Focus set up but this does seem to be a general problem with configurability on various makes. You get everything set to your liking then it's lost when you switch off. Some makes allow you to store a bunch of individual settings and restore them at one press of a button, more often you have to go through layers of touchscreen menus!

It's probably a legal requirement to revert back to boring mode to save emissions...red dials might make you drive harder! :biggrin: 

As far as I understand though, you can't change the colour independently, only with sport mode selected.  Maybe there'll be a Forscan update eventually to adjust thing things like this.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

It's probably a legal requirement to revert back to boring mode

Yeah, that's probably it. Similarly you have to switch off stop/start every time, lights revert to auto setting at every restart, and I think on many cars now you can't permanently disable lane departure as you can on mine.😠

Yup, same issues I had with mine when I first got it, I've learned to live with it but it is a pain in the bum! The only setting that sticks is the hill hold function! I try to always drive in eco mode as I'm getting a bit old and (trying to be) sensible and have to set it every time!

45 minutes ago, Frowma said:

Yup, same issues I had with mine when I first got it, I've learned to live with it but it is a pain in the bum! The only setting that sticks is the hill hold function! I try to always drive in eco mode as I'm getting a bit old and (trying to be) sensible and have to set it every time!

Do you find it gives any better economy than standard?  I'd probably just leave it tbh!

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Do you find it gives any better economy than standard?  I'd probably just leave it tbh!

I've only found it more beneficial in Eco mode when doing a journey over 50 miles. 

Someone mentioned on here that they found it more economical in sport mode which I'm finding to be correct as only doing short journeys (13 mile round trip 4days a week). 

No idea if it's the same for petrols though.

• Like 2

What I find is in Eco mode (having an auto) it changes gear sooner. To be honest I don't think there is much difference between normal and ECO!

• Like 2

I have to disagree there!  Definitely has its uses but it’s pretty lame. 
Sport mode is a lot of fun but I find normal very good. 
Long journeys though the eco is best for.
I’m yet to notice cylinder deactivation ..

• Like 1

Do wish I had a digital dash - I was torn between getting the 1.5 petrol automatic or getting the new model year with the digital dash in the end went for the 1.5.

Hoping sooner rather later it’s possible to replace as a mod!

2 hours ago, simps100 said:

Do wish I had a digital dash - I was torn between getting the 1.5 petrol automatic or getting the new model year with the digital dash in the end went for the 1.5.

Hoping sooner rather later it’s possible to replace as a mod!

Worth it just for the 8 speed auto gearbox.
Is it the 182 engine you opted for? Or the 150? Replacement for the both it seems is the 1litre 155ps . 
For ford to release the 1.5l 150 and 182 engines end of 2018 then discontinued less than 2 years later is a bit unnerving. Plus the torque converter gearbox no longer available as far as I know. 
The digital dash id have liked but the one thing I really should have invested in is LEDs . 

I've not noticed cylinder deactivation either, does the Focus do it or is it just the Fiesta?

7 minutes ago, Frowma said:

I've not noticed cylinder deactivation either, does the Focus do it or is it just the Fiesta?

You shouldn't notice it happening, at least not on the 1.5 engine. Some people with the 1.0 engine are having problems with vibration when deactivation occurs though.

I have done some live monitoring with FORScan and it only happens when you have  small and steady throttle openings, even up to 70 mph and up a steady incline. In real life it does not stay deactivated for long because as soon as you change the pressure with your right foot it either way it switches off. If you lived somewhere flat with little traffic and the roads were straight it would work more often. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Alex.S said:

Is it the 182 engine you opted for? Or the 150? Replacement for the both it seems is the 1litre 155ps . 
For ford to release the 1.5l 150 and 182 engines end of 2018 then discontinued less than 2 years later is a bit unnerving. Plus the torque converter gearbox no longer available as far as I know. 
The digital dash id have liked but the one thing I really should have invested in is LEDs . 

Yeah the 182 - rally fun to drive to be fair, do find it weird they were discontinued, I’d have been more tempted to go for a hybrid if they offered the automatic.

Have the adaptive LEDs on mine - really like them although I’ve been flashed a fair amount will get them checked when things calm down abit.

Will be keeping g an eye out to see if the digital dash is able to be retrofitted later, saw it’s been possible in some mustangs so am hoping so!

I have a 182 too but apparently Ford discontinued cos noone was buying them.

I dont think you would notice cylinder deactivation.  It happens on cruise but restarts in milliseconds

I think the digital dash is my favourite interior feature on my car. It would be nice to choose the sports dash in normal mode but it's not possible. As for eco mode as others have said it's only really noticeable on a decent run, for everyday motoring I'm finding normal the best choice.

Have to say it's a cracking motor, we've only had it since November and due to the current situation haven't done as many miles as I'd like. Hopefully once we get through this there'll be some nice drives to the coast and such.

Finnthedude.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

I have a 182 too but apparently Ford discontinued cos noone was buying them.

There do seem to be a fair few on here though. Maybe it's a bit like the thing where you go into a dealer and ask if something's available, and get a reply like "You're the 4th person to ask that today, but no, there's no demand"😀

• Like 2

On 1/15/2021 at 11:39 PM, Alex.S said:

The 8 speed on the Focus is still the torque converter variety...

59 minutes ago, karlbbb said:

The 8 speed on the Focus is still the torque converter variety...

I read somewhere the 1L 155 that’s replaced the 1.5L petrol,  doesn’t have an automatic option. 

6 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

I read somewhere the 1L 155 that’s replaced the 1.5L petrol,  doesn’t have an automatic option. 

The only auto petrol in the Focus currently is the 125ps non-MHEV.

1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

The only auto petrol in the Focus currently is the 125ps non-MHEV.

Which makes me wonder what’s up with the 8 speed I have which is relatively new afaik 

17 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

Which makes me wonder what’s up with the 8 speed I have which is relatively new afaik 

Too expensive and not enough people chose it I suspect...

I posted an article in another thread about the 1.5EB having to be shipped over from the US, making the Fiesta and Puma ST's more expensive, so I'd guess that's why they've dropped the 1.5 from the Focus.  I doubt many people bought the 182ps so they can get away with just a 155ps 1.0.  I don't know why they haven't mated an MHEV to an autobox yet though...  Probably something to do with emissions.

Unless they produce a decent midrange Focus auto, with similar performance to the 182, they'll have one less customer in me anyway.

And they must be getting desperate.  Just had an email off the local dealer, free Ipad with every car purchase.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club