Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sat Nav SD card? Focus Titanium Mk3

sparkychris505

I've recently bought a 2011 Mk3 Focus Titanium X. It has the sat nav option but has no map card (SD card?).

I've looked on eBay for a card but don't know what I'm looking for.

Can anyone tell me what I need to get it working?

Thanks in advance.

If you have Sync 2 then something like this should work:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-F8-SD-Card-Sync2-Sat-NAV-UK-Europe/254834695065?hash=item3b5554db99:g:0dkAAOSwUrJf~K6J

I am not vouching for that seller, its just an example.  Also, not sure if F9 version of maps is available for Sync 2.

18 hours ago, sparkychris505 said:

I've recently bought a 2011 Mk3 Focus Titanium X. It has the sat nav option but has no map card (SD card?).

I've looked on ebay for a card but don't know what I'm looking for.

Can anyone tell me what I need to get it working?

Thanks in advance.

You will need the older version of the SD card, I think V7 is the newest one available for your type. Something like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Sat-Nav-SD-Card-Western-Europe-V7/254831114323?hash=item3b551e3853:g:hH0AAOSwJCJfO8bQ

Thanks for the replys. I've removed the existing card to find that it dates from 2011. Obviously it'll be out of date but I'm surprised it's stopped working. Any idea why?
Here's a pic of my dash/radio/display. Is it Sync 1?

Thanks in advance.

11.jpg

You have the Ford MFD sat nav system. This is a Ford system thas is developed by Ford in cojunction with Bosch/Blaupunkt. The sat nav functionality is fully integrated into the FCDIM (display) which communicates with the ACM (Audio Control Module) and IPC (Instrument Panel Cluster).

This system can either be combined with the old Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system (which was also used in the Focus MK2.5) or the newer SYNC 1.0 / SYNC 1.1 system. SYNC 1.0 was introduced at 06/2012 so your car will definitely have the old Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system.

The Ford MFD sat nav system uses SD cards that have a version number that starts with a V.

The SD cards for the Ford MFD Satnav system can be identified by the number on the label of the SD-card:

V1 = 2011
V2 = 2012
V3 = 2013
V4 = 2014 (V4 contained an error and is replaced by V4.1)
V5 = 2015
V6 = 2016
V7 = 2017
V8 = 2018
V9 = 2019
V10 = 2020
V11 = 2021 (will be released in February/March)

If the 2011 (V1) is not recognised by the MFD system either the SD-card is defective or the integrated SD-card slot is defective. If the SD-card slot is defective the FCDIM needs to be replaced.

• Like 1

Thanks. I'll clean the contacts of the V1 card and I've ordered a V10 card. Hopefully I'll get it working.

Regards

Be aware that the V10 SD-Card has a major flaw in some countries. In some countries (like for example The Netherlands) many motorways are incorrectly identified as toll roads. When the system is set to avoid toll roads it will avoid all of these incorrectly identified motorways. This results in very strange route calculations (longer in both time and distance).

In most countries the V10 SD-Card will work fine but if you plan to travel across Europe it is recommended to avoid the V10 SD-Card and wait for the V11 version.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Just purchased a Ford focus zetec 2016 St line. 

It needs a sd card what is the correct sd card to purchase 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club