Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Someone's Pranged My Fiesta

Graeme1978

We went to a car boot this morning and when I got back to the car there is 3 cracks in the back bumper, one big one covering most of the bumper and two smaller ones underneath, I can only assume somebody reversing out of their space opposite hit it. They haven't left there details on the car and its a big field so no CCTV so I'll have to foot the bill.

Can this be repaired or am I going to have to get a replacement?

bumper1.jpg

bumper2.jpg

bumper3.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Graeme

Unfortunatley Graeme that cannot be repaired as the crack/split is all the way through the plastic to the foam below. You are going to require a whole new rear bumper alas - which will need to be sprayed of course the car's body colour. Things like this often 'appear' to be fairly reasonable to repair/remedy. That is until you walk into a Ford dealer & get an estimate!!!

Maybe worth your while ringing around a few local(-ish) scrap dealers. You may get lucky.

Unfortunatley Graeme that cannot be repaired as the crack/split is all the way through the plastic to the foam below. You are going to require a whole new rear bumper alas - which will need to be sprayed of course the car's body colour. Things like this often 'appear' to be fairly reasonable to repair/remedy. That is until you walk into a Ford dealer & get an estimate!!!

Maybe worth your while ringing around a few local(-ish) scrap dealers. You may get lucky.

Ford bumpers come pre-sprayed now. You also may find that there isn't any foam behind your bumper too :)

When I had a small crack in my front one, I got it replaced by my dealer for £200 and 2 days not through insurance!

Rang the nearest main dealer and they've quoted me £335 for a ready painted replacement.

Somebody on eBay does the genuine painted Ford ones for £240.

Will try a few breakers yards on the off chance and then decide.

Thanks for the replies.

theres no foam behind the mk6 rear bumpers, i had to rip my bumper off to fit the tow hook and there was no foam.

Rang the nearest main dealer and they've quoted me £335 for a ready painted replacement.

Somebody on eBay does the genuine painted Ford ones for £240.

Will try a few breakers yards on the off chance and then decide.

Thanks for the replies.

How much? my main dealer charged me £200 for the front!