Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 Updates

Paul9619

Morning all

I have bought a second hand Mk4 TX (2018(68)) focus. After advice on here I asked the dealer to ensure the sync 3 is up to date to the latest software.  They are quoting £75 reduced from £125. 
After reading some posts is this not something I can do myself instead?

Log into ford website or if you have wifi where you park your car get the update OTA. 
I got sync3.4 from the website but got the map updates over the air. 

Yeah uk.  I’ve not heard of anyone paying for the download . Sync or maps

• Like 1

If you have the wifi, turn on auto updates. Sync 3.4 isn’t very big compared to F9 maps. 

1 minute ago, Alex.S said:

If you have the wifi, turn on auto updates. Sync 3.4 isn’t very big compared to F9 maps. 

Cheers. They are obviously trying to make a few quid. Dodgy

Just now, Paul9619 said:

Cheers. They are obviously trying to make a few quid. Dodgy

Totally. Especially seeing as the cars only 2 years old too. They’d just plug in a USB stick  , wait 20mins ..job done. 

Download cyanlabs sync 3 update tool. Follow the instructions and pop it in your car. It will then update it automatically. £75 is a joke! 

There’s owners on here that got the sync3.4 update without even realising it was downloading while parked. 

Just to reinvigorate this thread. I now have sync 3.4 installed and F9 maps from the Ford website. 

I am now getting a third download for maps 8.7gb in size from the Ford site. I have installed it but no log was produced so I used the tool to produce one which worked and was accepted by Ford when uploaded. 

however, the same 8.7gb download not keeps coming up on the Ford site when I check my VIN?  Anyone had this issue?

From reading it seems that it is some kind of voice update. How can I check if I have the latest voice?

Interestingly when using the WiFi to check for updates it says I am up to date 🤷🏻‍♂️

I don’t think Ford could make this procedure anymore annoying if they tried. 

I'm on version 3.0 and have just checked my VIN on the Ford website expecting it to say that it would need updating to 3.4 but it doesn't.  Is 3.4 just for the Mk 4 and not Mk 3.5 or earlier ??

It does show that the maps need updating however (I'm assuming to F9 ??) and it is a 25.5GB download, but as I haven't used the maps for well over a year now and very rarely will when lockdown is finally over, just wonder if it's worth the hassle as I had a few issues when I last updated to F8 ??

30 minutes ago, Phil3747 said:

I'm on version 3.0 and have just checked my VIN on the Ford website expecting it to say that it would need updating to 3.4 but it doesn't.  Is 3.4 just for the Mk 4 and not Mk 3.5 or earlier ??

It does show that the maps need updating however (I'm assuming to F9 ??) and it is a 25.5GB download, but as I haven't used the maps for well over a year now and very rarely will when lockdown is finally over, just wonder if it's worth the hassle as I had a few issues when I last updated to F8 ??

3.4 will only be offered to cars already on 3.2 or 3.3

3.0 has a separate partitioning format and is receiving it's own updates separately.

• Like 1

Cheers Alex....I assume the F9 update just updates the maps then ??

Just now, Phil3747 said:

Cheers Alex....I assume the F9 update just updates the maps then ??

Yep

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club