Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync Update Mk8 2019

Mavroz

Yes, sync update was around 20 minutes. 

Map update is around 20 minutes for part one, then power cycle. Engine off, doors open, close etc etc then it installed the 2nd part.

For WiFi to download I have to keep the engine running to keep the download active. Didn't try just leaving the ignition on and walking away and leaving it although I guess that would time out and the car would turn itself off and lock.

The instructions do say not to interrupt the install and keep engine running I believe.

The maps can be installed via USB but you need a min 32Gb stick I believe and it still takes 40 to 50 mins install time, again with engine running.

After the sync install, the car would not talk to the phone until I reactivated the modem which was a pain but all is fine now.

Good luck.

5 minutes ago, Mavroz said:

For WiFi to download I have to keep the engine running to keep the download active. Didn't try just leaving the ignition on and walking away and leaving it although I guess that would time out and the car would turn itself off and lock.

Thats strange. Once the download started for me. I could fully turn the car off lock it and it would stay connected and do the download. I knew it was connected because we have an app for our router which shows us what is connected.

6 minutes ago, Mavroz said:

After the sync install, the car would not talk to the phone until I reactivated the modem which was a pain but all is fine now.

That seems like a pain.

7 hours ago, Mavroz said:

Automatic updates now work when connected to WiFi although it is a pain having to have the engine running outside for the period of time it takes a download.

The only thing I don't like at the moment is the fact the sync display defaults back to the home page on each startup of the engine / power cycle.

It doesn't stay on the DAB screen or music player screen for example.

This may be a setting or user default that possibly can be changed but I haven't found it yet.

This topic has already been done to death, but it's very heavy reading to find the important bits. You don't need the engine running for the downloads. As long as you're connected to wifi the car will carry on downloading for around half an hour after locking it up. It also carries on exactly where left off if interrupted. But much easier and quicker to use the usb method, either from the Ford website or using the "Alexp999" download.

As for not remembering which screen you left it on, I found this is all to do with the battery monitoring system thinking the battery is about to go flat. Do you get the time out bar when you get in the car saying it's about to shut down? My sync went back to the home screen every time I saw this. After resetting the BMS manually, the time out bar has not re-occurred, and the sync always stays on the same screen as when I left it. If you don't know how to do it, I can post a link.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matthew McGuinness said:

Thats strange. Once the download started for me. I could fully turn the car off lock it and it would stay connected and do the download. I knew it was connected because we have an app for our router which shows us what is connected.

That seems like a pain.

Everything seems to shut down. If the car remained connected to WiFi etc etc, surely that would just increase battery drain.

The infotainment system goes to sleep here.

• Like 1

Trying to sort the file structure on my mac, ready to update via usb

Have done it before but remember it being difficult.

When I unzip file on my mac it doesn't create the sync my ride folder, so I had to create that myself, I think Im nearly there but Im unsure if the files that I placed into the sync my ride folder are named incorrectly due to the folder not being created automatically when I unzipped.

Should Sync my ride be deleted from the file names inside this folder as shown below?

Screenshot 2021-01-21 at 10.00.54.png

Yes the file names in sync my ride should just be 5U5T... etc at the start. Remove sync my ride and the slash. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Yes the file names in sync my ride should just be 5U5T... etc at the start. Remove sync my ride and the slash. 

Thanks, I just remembered I used the default mac unzip program, using TheUnarchiver unzips it correctly, will see how I go at the weekend.

20 hours ago, Waggy said:

This topic has already been done to death, but it's very heavy reading to find the important bits. You don't need the engine running for the downloads. As long as you're connected to wifi the car will carry on downloading for around half an hour after locking it up. It also carries on exactly where left off if interrupted. But much easier and quicker to use the usb method, either from the Ford website or using the "Alexp999" download.

As for not remembering which screen you left it on, I found this is all to do with the battery monitoring system thinking the battery is about to go flat. Do you get the time out bar when you get in the car saying it's about to shut down? My sync went back to the home screen every time I saw this. After resetting the BMS manually, the time out bar has not re-occurred, and the sync always stays on the same screen as when I left it. If you don't know how to do it, I can post a link.

I definitely have to have the engine running to download anything. If I turn the engine off and exit the car, the infotainment system and everything else goes to sleep. The doors even lock themselves after a couple of minutes if I don't lock them. If I put the ignition on and leave it, after about 10 minutes say, this shuts down and again the doors lock not long after.

The engine has to be running to download updates via WiFi when in range.

Before the update, sync stayed on the page I left it on when I returned to the car. Now on v3.4, it defaults to the homescreen on engine startup. Again, I am not sure it has anything to do with the battery as if I do not disable it, the auto start/stop works during the journeys I make.... if battery was low i guess this would be inactive.

11 minutes ago, mitch84 said:

Thanks, I just remembered I used the default mac unzip program, using TheUnarchiver unzips it correctly, will see how I go at the weekend.

Alternatively, run gunzip in your terminal and it will unzup them properly, notice the directory structure "SyncMyRide" and structure it properly.

• Like 1

All updated via USB, took about 10 minutes or so with engine running.

Its currently downloading the maps now, will see if it had downloaded them overnight tomorrow while the car was locked, hopefully it still maintains the wifi connection when its locked.

Only issue I have is I get the no GPS signal logo on the nav screen, I had that previously, unsure if thats just a bug?

Also I didn't get a log file to confirm the update with ford website, although when I check for updates it says it is now up to date, is this all done automatically now over the servers?

So updated the other day and now its downloading the maps, was hoping it would have down it by now but 2 days after seeing it start the download and returning to my car today, the download bar is about half complete, Is it just the 1 file ? as I can see it taking forever, lol.

My car is on the drive and in range of wifi, I presume it only begins to download when I have just unlocked the car and powered on the electrics, Im guessing after so long the cars accessories got to sleep after I lock it?

Also does anyone know what this symbol means on the maps itself?

IMG_1181.jpeg

• Like 1

We don't have that symbol on ours i am afraid so cannot help. 

A guess would be someone or some device connected to your car if it set up as a hotspot?

I said in an earlier post that I was 99.9% certain that downloading via WiFi was halted when the engine/ignition was turned off.

Your post confirms this for me now also.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, mitch84 said:

I've seen that symbol as well after updating to F9 Maps and I think it might be feeding live congestion and hazard data back to Here Maps via Ford, but that is only a guess.

I only saw it with the full screen  on navigation when I was playing about just after updating but I normally have it on the default home screen with just half the map on it so I don't know if it is still there. If I remember tomorrow I will put it on full screen and to check if it is still there.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, mitch84 said:

So updated the other day and now its downloading the maps, was hoping it would have down it by now but 2 days after seeing it start the download and returning to my car today, the download bar is about half complete, Is it just the 1 file ? as I can see it taking forever, lol.

My car is on the drive and in range of wifi, I presume it only begins to download when I have just unlocked the car and powered on the electrics, Im guessing after so long the cars accessories got to sleep after I lock it?

IMG_1181.jpeg

It means you have live traffic data  activated

• Thanks 2

Have F9 maps installed according to the version number in sync settings but I still have another file just started to download?

Is it still downloading more map data.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Not using my car much of late so still in process of downloading maps after the sync update, although my version is now saying F9 in system info I still am constantly getting new updates downloading, I’m on about my 5th file downloading now.

Can anyone tell me how many individual files there is for the F9 maps.

Thanks

1 hour ago, mitch84 said:

Hi

Not using my car much of late so still in process of downloading maps after the sync update, although my version is now saying F9 in system info I still am constantly getting new updates downloading, I’m on about my 5th file downloading now.

Can anyone tell me how many individual files there is for the F9 maps.

Thanks

VOICE FILES

VOICE_NAV=4U5T-14G422-BAE - English, French, German
VOICE_NAV=4U5T-14G422-BBE - Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Turkish
VOICE_NAV=4U5T-14G422-BCE - Czech, Polish, Russian
VOICE_NAV=4U5T-14G422-BDE - Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian

MAP FILES

1U5T-14G421-BAG - REQUIRED!
1U5T-14G421-BBG - REQUIRED!
1U5T-14G421-BCG - Denmark, Finland, United Kingdom, Ireland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden
1U5T-14G421-BDG - Spain, Portugal, Gibraltar
1U5T-14G421-BEG - France, Andora, Monaco, Switzeland
1U5T-14G421-BFG - Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Germany, Lichtenstein, Luxembourg, The Netherlands (Holland), Poland, Slovakia
1U5T-14G421-BGG - Albania, Bosnia & Hercegowina, Greece, Croatia, Montenegro, Serbia, Macedonia, Malta, Slovenia, San Marino, Turkey, Vatikan, Italy
1U5T-14G421-BHG - Bulgaria, Belarus, Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Kazakhstan, Romania, Russia, Ukraine
1U5T-14G421-BJG - Cyprus

The maps will state version F9 as soon as you download the first file. You won't be offered all the files, only one voice file unless you change the language to something else, but you will be offered most of the map files. Be patient!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Waggy said:

VOICE FILES

VOICE_NAV=4U5T-14G422-BAE - English, French, German
VOICE_NAV=4U5T-14G422-BBE - Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Turkish
VOICE_NAV=4U5T-14G422-BCE - Czech, Polish, Russian
VOICE_NAV=4U5T-14G422-BDE - Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian

MAP FILES

1U5T-14G421-BAG - REQUIRED!
1U5T-14G421-BBG - REQUIRED!
1U5T-14G421-BCG - Denmark, Finland, United Kingdom, Ireland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden
1U5T-14G421-BDG - Spain, Portugal, Gibraltar
1U5T-14G421-BEG - France, Andora, Monaco, Switzeland
1U5T-14G421-BFG - Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Germany, Lichtenstein, Luxembourg, The Netherlands (Holland), Poland, Slovakia
1U5T-14G421-BGG - Albania, Bosnia & Hercegowina, Greece, Croatia, Montenegro, Serbia, Macedonia, Malta, Slovenia, San Marino, Turkey, Vatikan, Italy
1U5T-14G421-BHG - Bulgaria, Belarus, Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Kazakhstan, Romania, Russia, Ukraine
1U5T-14G421-BJG - Cyprus

The maps will state version F9 as soon as you download the first file. You won't be offered all the files, only one voice file unless you change the language to something else, but you will be offered most of the map files. Be patient!

Thank you very much, I reckon I have about 3 more files to download possibly then.

Hold on a second... you can lock/unlock doors on the Ford Pass App?  Erm... Why have I never been told this?  I have a 2018 MK8 St Line X...

Just now, Si-IOM said:

Hold on a second... you can lock/unlock doors on the Ford Pass App?  Erm... Why have I never been told this?  I have a 2018 MK8 St Line X...

Only if you have a modem equipped car, 2018 might be too early.

Though honestly it's less hassle to use the key, lol.

• Like 2

***** hell...

Yeah, just changed the key battery for the second time so I'll stick to what I know.

4 minutes ago, Si-IOM said:

***** hell...

Yeah, just changed the key battery for the second time so I'll stick to what I know.

Does it tell you on the dash when the key fob battery needs changing?

Yeah, you know when it comes up and says 'Passenger door open' in the square, or the box with the belts connected?  It is a similar screen to that - 'Ford Key battery needs replacing soon'.

• Thanks 1

Got home yesterday, after pulling onto the drive, was talking on the phone and the sync unit popped up with something along the lines of update complete or successful.. 

Don't know what this has updated as everything was installed a couple of months or so back.