Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heated seats on SYNC 3 screen in Focus MK3 2012...

JPW

I have heated seats in my Focus Titanium (2012, pre-facelift) which I retrofitted with SYNC 3. My heated seats have a slider control near the cup holder, which is a dial from 0 to 5, so 5 levels.

When I activate the heated seat option on Forscan, the icons show on the home screen, but they only show 3 levels and don’t do anything when I press them. I also have the climate screen enabled as I don't use dual zone mode so the reversal of driver/passenger side doesn't bother me)

Does anyone know if it’s compatible or not with the pre-facelift heated seats?

Thanks

James

s-l400 (2).jpg

The Focus MK3/Mk3.5 heated seat system is conventionally controlled. Each seat has its own module that converts the resistance value of the switch (each switch position has its own resistance value) to a corresponding PWM power output signal to the heater elements.

The Focus MK3/Mk3.5 heated seat modules are a standalone system that is not connected to the CANbus network. Because of this there is simply no communication between the SYNC 2/SYNC 3 system and the heated seat system. Heated seat info and control is only possible on vehicles that use the CANbus network to control the heated seats (for example the Mondeo MK5).

Understood.

I am sure I have seen people who have the newer centre console (with the heated switch 3 levels) embedded in to the HVAC control, possibly facelift (2024+) able to use sync to control the seat heat level? Or is that not possible either?

On a side note, even on a heat of 5 my seats don't get really hot, still can feel the heat but it's not too hot, is that normal on a 2012 car or would you expect more heat?

Thanks

James

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club