Do Not Sell My Personal Information

keyless entry not working - receiver module location - cmax 2011

CMAXKIT
聽Share

Hi All,

To clarify the circs;聽

1) Had a low battery message come up in relation to the fob. A week later... Fob stopped working. (Doors not opening)聽

2) battery in fob was then changed with a expensive newer one... but same issue, doors not opening and battery was put in correctly 馃檪

3) Called the AA out, the patrol couldn't get the fob working but showed me how to access the vehicle via the bladed key in the fob in to the drivers door聽and how to start the car with the fob being entered in to the socket below the steering (which was covered by a round cap) - Car started all fine however the main car battery did die whilst he was messing around with it so he gave it a bit of a charge and told me to keep it running - again, still no fob working!

4) The AA patrol did a diagnostic check and found the error code : U201F00 - EXTERNAL RADIO RECEIVER MALFUNCTION - And explained its a faulty RKE (The receiver)聽

5) After the patrol left, I read the manual and found the keyless entry receiver has a fuse in the boot. When checked, the 10a was in fact BLOWN!!

this was replaced with a new 10a fuse and the fob came BACK TO LIFE! ... however the next day the fob has聽gone again and back to no keyless unlocking/locking!! AGGGHHH!聽And upon checking the fuse again, seems fine and intact

6) I since ordered the module聽part off eBay however have no idea ::::

A) where is the location of this module/reciever in the car

B) would the patrols assessment be correct considering a change of fuse did temporarily fix it and the error code above....

C) would a low main car battery still start the car but let the receiver down/malfunction

Admin, please leave this on... I am going mad here.

Attached - error message and also the replacement part聽

Thanks

error1.jpg

error3.JPG

The location of the receiver is stuck to the top side of headlining at the rear . Not sure you can get to it sufficiently without removing the rear side trims just under headlining. Just because that fuse had blown doesn't mean that receiver is at fault . Could be other circuits fed off the fuse. What was the fuse number?聽

• 2 years later...

I GUESS the new part worked, as the OP didn't come back and say " I fitted it and it still doesn't work".聽聽

But would have been nice to have confirmation either way after someone was kind enough to help him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, alanfp said:

But would have been nice to have confirmation either way after someone was kind enough to help him.

Yes I have noticed over the last year a massive increase of "One Post Wonders" (OPW) those who post once and never even bother to return to check for an answer.

Then there are the "Sneaky Peeker" (SP) those who ask for help then check back later read the answers but make zero effort to click the thank you icon, or even post a simple 'Thank You' to those who have offered suggestions.

and the latest wave of seemingly pointless newbies. They take the time to sign up and then offer an answer or more often just a comment to a thread that has been dead for 4 or 5 years.

Well that's my morning rant over with 馃ぃ

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, unofix said:

Yes I have noticed over the last year a massive increase of "One Post Wonders" (OPW) those who post once and never even bother to return to check for an answer.

Then there are the "Sneaky Peeker" (SP) those who ask for help then check back later read the answers but make zero effort to click the thank you icon, or even post a simple 'Thank You' to those who have offered suggestions.

and the latest wave of seemingly pointless newbies. They take the time to sign up and then offer an answer or more often just a comment to a thread that has been dead for 4 or 5 years.

Well that's my morning rant over with 馃ぃ

I posted a reply on Friday to a question and no response even though I could see the op logged back in after my post. You kindly liked it.聽

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club