Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacement Transponder

kingdom

Has anyone ever lost the transponder chip from the key blade - what's the best and cheapest solution?

Has anyone ever lost the transponder chip from the key blade - what's the best and cheapest solution?

buying a new key or fob with a blank transponder in it is the best way i assume you only have 1 original key for the car if so youll need an autolocksmith to do it far cheaper than ford and theuy can supply all you need check youre yellow pages for one near you

buying a new key or fob with a blank transponder in it is the best way i assume you only have 1 original key for the car if so youll need an autolocksmith to do it far cheaper than ford and theuy can supply all you need check youre yellow pages for one near you

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately there are no autolocksmiths near me. Do you know where I can get a blank key from? I have one working remote key. The metal blade on the other key isn't damaged so I'm assuming I can get a blank key, take the transponder and fob from that, and put these onto my existing blade. Then I guess I need to get Ford to re-programme both keys.

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately there are no autolocksmiths near me. Do you know where I can get a blank key from? I have one working remote key. The metal blade on the other key isn't damaged so I'm assuming I can get a blank key, take the transponder and fob from that, and put these onto my existing blade. Then I guess I need to get Ford to re-programme both keys.

Where about in Scotland are you from?

This has no relevance to the question, just interested :lol:

Where about in Scotland are you from?

This has no relevance to the question, just interested laugh.gif

thees plenty in scotland that will travel look for mobile locksmiths youll find one if you do they are besty to get the stuff ffrom

• 3 weeks later...

This is a very common problem with galaxy's.

The key can get stuck in the door so when yor pull, the remote comes off and the chip falls out without you noticing.

Always have a working spare at home. That way you can get the car home and get another spare.

I turn down suppling keys to these if all keys are lost. There's 19 differant systems on these so an auto locksmiths nightmare.

No problem if you have a working key and need a spare.

Be warned.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club